Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vardy and England

He'll obviously be in the squad. Only picking big names isn't really a charge you can aim to Hodgson, he has picked a few players from lower down the ranks. I wouldn't say Kane is a shoe in yet either, if he carries on being as crap as we all know he is then he will be dropped. Only Rooney is guaranteed a place up front and that's because he is captain.

I see Kane made Garth Crooks team of the week with a "wonderful, instinctive goal"

jesus, hes done f all all season, gets a lucky goal and all of a sudden its a WanKANE fest all over again

so much for other english strikers actually getting a couple of decent goals

He'll obviously be in the squad. Only picking big names isn't really a charge you can aim to Hodgson, he has picked a few players from lower down the ranks. I wouldn't say Kane is a shoe in yet either, if he carries on being as crap as we all know he is then he will be dropped. Only Rooney is guaranteed a place up front and that's because he is captain.

I have to disagree. I think now Kane has played and scored for the England senior squad and had an amazing season last season he is also guaranteed a spot. Kane is now at the point where if he wasnt picked for England and they went and lost then the media would straight away ask the question why Kane wasn't picked. The same with Rooney. I dont think they will be dropped until the media hounds them out. Which at the moment Kane is still the golden boy.

You then look at Vardy. He is having a great season so far but if Hodgson didnt pick him for the next game and we lost the media wouldnt ask the question why Vardy wasnt picked simply because he hasnt done it for England yet.

The media has a massive influence on who gets picked for England imo. Vardy certainly deserves his England place and infact deserves to start for England ahead of Kane and Rooney.

I have to disagree. I think now Kane has played and scored for the England senior squad and had an amazing season last season he is also guaranteed a spot. Kane is now at the point where if he wasnt picked for England and they went and lost then the media would straight away ask the question why Kane wasn't picked. The same with Rooney. I dont think they will be dropped until the media hounds them out. Which at the moment Kane is still the golden boy.

You then look at Vardy. He is having a great season so far but if Hodgson didnt pick him for the next game and we lost the media wouldnt ask the question why Vardy wasnt picked simply because he hasnt done it for England yet.

The media has a massive influence on who gets picked for England imo. Vardy certainly deserves his England place and infact deserves to start for England ahead of Kane and Rooney.

I have to disagree. I think now Kane has played and scored for the England senior squad and had an amazing season last season he is also guaranteed a spot. Kane is now at the point where if he wasnt picked for England and they went and lost then the media would straight away ask the question why Kane wasn't picked. The same with Rooney. I dont think they will be dropped until the media hounds them out. Which at the moment Kane is still the golden boy.

Good post

Just seen Grealish has confirmed he wants to play for England instead of Republic Of Ireland, good decision I think. I find it silly how some of these lads are born in England but wanting to play for another nation.

I don't rate the guy highly, to be honest.

Vardy very much deserves an England call up, but people the way people speak about Kane which is bordering on hatred is ridiculous.

Hes a young striker who has had a lean spell. He will come through it, and hopefully he will lead the England attack for years to come.

Theres some serious hyperbole about saturday too. It wasnt a tap in, it came at an awkward height from the edge of the box not 5 yards. It was well taken.

That doesnt mean that Vardy isnt in amazing form though, why are we so preoccupied?

So what if Woy was happy Kane got off the mark?

Its all a little sad guys.

Vardy very much deserves an England call up, but people the way people speak about Kane which is bordering on hatred is ridiculous.

Hes a young striker who has had a lean spell. He will come through it, and hopefully he will lead the England attack for years to come.

Theres some serious hyperbole about saturday too. It wasnt a tap in, it came at an awkward height from the edge of the box not 5 yards. It was well taken.

That doesnt mean that Vardy isnt in amazing form though, why are we so preoccupied?

So what if Woy was happy Kane got off the mark?

Its all a little sad guys.

I don't really hate Kane, I hate the media hype around him. The over the top praise of everything he does. Every time the ball comes near him in commentary they scream his name like he's about to score, even if he's on the halfway line with his back to goal. I'm waiting for the day I'm watching a match and Martin Tyler excitedly shouts "Harry Kane, he's breathing, astonishing from the young man" to which Alan Smith responds with, "It is Martin, look at the way he's taking in all that useful oxygen and exhaling all that pointless carbon dioxide. This lad is really something special." You get pundits praising him for not managing to do what he did last year, "Kane completely missed the ball there, but last year he'd have scored that tap in, he's a top talent"

I'm sure he'll be a decent player, someone on here said in reality he's somewhere between what he was last season and the shite he's shown recently, but he's no Messi like some in the media would have you believe. Didn't some pundit say last season he's worth about £100m, ridiculous. I hope he has reasonable success, but **** me the media needs to give it a rest on the love in for a bit.

4 selected for the upcoming games?

Would say Kane and Rooney are definite.

Roy likes doing Lpool favours so will let Sturridge continue his recovery from injury and sit it out.

Ings scored a couple but not playing nearly regularly enough.

Berahinho finding a bir of form is a possibility, seems like a knob though.

Vardy seems to be liked by Roy; think he had him scouted whilst at WBA. Think he'll go for these games but by the summer I think the likes of Sturridge and possibly Welbeck (if he finds form when back) will replace him.

If he gets the double figures I think he should go though. It's not about taking the 23 best players, it's about packing the squad with options, and I think Vardy is great for that.

I have to disagree. I think now Kane has played and scored for the England senior squad and had an amazing season last season he is also guaranteed a spot. Kane is now at the point where if he wasnt picked for England and they went and lost then the media would straight away ask the question why Kane wasn't picked. The same with Rooney. I dont think they will be dropped until the media hounds them out. Which at the moment Kane is still the golden boy.

Disagree...Rooney is our top scorer and proves himself time and time again. Kane has scored when given the opportunities. I love Vardy but saying he should start ahead of Rooney is madness.

Disagree...Rooney is our top scorer and proves himself time and time again. Kane has scored when given the opportunities. I love Vardy but saying he should start ahead of Rooney is madness.

against minnows, yet to do so against big sides, and the sort of game england are forced to play against them (fast counter), he isn't suited to. 

against minnows, yet to do so against big sides, and the sort of game england are forced to play against them (fast counter), he isn't suited to. 

I don't disagree but I'll eat my hat if Jamie Vardy ever starts as a striker ahead of Wayne Rooney in a World Cup/Euro finals.

I don't disagree but I'll eat my hat if Jamie Vardy ever starts as a striker ahead of Wayne Rooney in a World Cup/Euro finals.

He won't do. But as the other poster said, a lot of that is down to the media

After the 'not accepted' observation from Ian weight it was nice to see Walcott clearly seems to have accepted vards

What makes you say that?

Archived