Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Vardy, could well play on Saturday, then bench against the swiss.

Like many, just want to see him return with no injuries...Then it begins, can we we be led on the great magical mystery tour of

the heady hights of top 6 until christmas, or even beyond.

Vardy is living his dream, can he help foxes fans live theirs...??.

Dont think a call up after 7 prem league goals in 40 or so games is 'thoroughly deserved' but hope he runs riot.

He's the only striker in the squad to score this season and he's got an assist alongside that, plus a higher shot accuracy. That's without going into the pace and threat he contains. Going by stats so far this season he should be starting both games really.

After watching Vardy for more than three seasons how can you not see that his game is about much more than just goals?

Lots of pace. Poor first touch. Average in front of goal. Not much brain. He's won me over but I'm not gonna pretend he's International standard.

Lots of pace. Poor first touch. Average in front of goal. Not much brain. He's won me over but I'm not gonna pretend he's International standard.

Why not?

1. Anyone is international standard when you're up against plumbers and bin men as centre backs.

He knows no better than to be as direct as he is. Hopefully hes too old to have that coached out of him.

Depends what you mean by international standard. You said him starting wasn't "thoroughly deserved" but currently he's the on-form English striker in the Premier League. Kane isn't playing well, Berahino and Ings aren't playing, Deeney isn't playing well, Austin is now in the Championship so who else is there who Vardy shouldn't be starting ahead of? If you compare him to England regular starting strikers of days gone by then obviously he doesn't compare, but at the moment he's one of the best we have.

I'd disagree about his touch too, it's improved incredible amounts since he's been here and it looks much sharper even compared to last season. As for his brain, he's never going to be the most intelligent of strikers but it seems to me that he's making better runs than he used to and using his pace and energy much more wisely.

Why not?

1. Anyone is international standard when you're up against plumbers and bin men as centre backs.

He knows no better than to be as direct as he is. Hopefully hes too old to have that coached out of him.

Whole point really of International football for a nation like England is to win major trophies - If Vardy wont be part of a major tournament what is the point in his involvement now? He scores 4 tonight so be it - I wouldnt change my mind based on goals v bin men and plumbers as you call it.

Leicester fans like all fans are so one eyed its unreal. No objectivity at all. It's like at Bournemouth Gradel being hacked to pieces and you've got m0ngs seething with rage calling him a diver.

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING NOT ULTRA POSITIVE ABOUT LEICESTER/A LEICESTER PLAYER YOU HAVE NO LOYALTY.

Archived