Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Happy to see him start, but to be honest, Switzerland may have been a better game for him.

Tomorrow they will have 11 men behind the ball, and there will be no room in behind for Vardy to use his pace.

It will be all about tippy tappy football to try and work an opening,probably not one of Vardys strengths, where as against Switzerland, they are more likely to play a bit more open, and so more chance for Vardy to use his pace.

Also has as been said, Vardy could get a hat-trick tomorrow, and he would get no credit.

Rooney on the other hand, if he were to get the 2 goals to beat Bobby Charltons goal record, will no doubt be lorded as the greatest ever English player, despite never having done it in a major finals!

Happy to see him start, but to be honest, Switzerland may have been a better game for him.

Tomorrow they will have 11 men behind the ball, and there will be no room in behind for Vardy to use his pace.

It will be all about tippy tappy football to try and work an opening,probably not one of Vardys strengths, where as against Switzerland, they are more likely to play a bit more open, and so more chance for Vardy to use his pace.

Also has as been said, Vardy could get a hat-trick tomorrow, and he would get no credit.

Rooney on the other hand, if he were to get the 2 goals to beat Bobby Charltons goal record, will no doubt be lorded as the greatest ever English player, despite never having done it in a major finals!

That's why stats mean nothing ...

That's why stats mean nothing ...

Stats don't tell you everything, but I cannot understand why people fail to see how Rooney is the best player in the England team. He has had one bad game this season against Villa, but apart from that he has been okay but it's the slow tempo and lack of counter attacking direct football United are playing which is isolating him and him dropping deep to get involved. 

Despite Rooney doing well at Euro 2004, he hasn't done much else at tournaments. But why is he singled out and not the team that has also underperformed. Neither have the likes of Lamps, Gerrard and even Scholes performed when called upon. These are considered amongst the greatest footballers ever. 

only in England would be criticize our best player, instead of blaming others for not being at his level. We need to find someone that links up with him well and lets hope Vardy is the man. Vardy definitely injects the freshness and directness needed to exploit defences and can retain possession better than anyone I've seen with those high pressured closing down

It's not felt like this since the days when Heskey was a world beater, Guppy was the answer to England's left-sided problems and Muzzy not getting a call up was an absolute outrage.

? ? ? You do realise that his International career was for Turkey?!!? 

? ? ? You do realise that his International career was for Turkey?!!?

And before he was capped for them there were calls for him to play for England... Because he's English and was one of the best players in the league at the time. The call never came and he got one from Turkey and chose them.

Lots of pace. Poor first touch. Average in front of goal. Not much brain. He's won me over but I'm not gonna pretend he's International standard.

It's like you've not watched the last 20 games he's played. I can understand someone looking in from the outside - a supporter of another club for example who has not seen much of him - making a statement like this.

Aside from the pace angle, I don't see anything in your post to be true of Vardy now. He has improved every aspect of his game over the last 6 months and his stats in terms of assists and work rate knock the other 'contenders' into a cocked hat.

He's the man in form a therefore deserves his chance you muppet!

I assume he means England in particular.

Yeah, fair point - England would have been his first preference. Although at the time I wouldn't say it was an 'absolute outrage' that he didn't get a call up in view of the oompetition at the time  which Muzzy has always been the first to acknowledge... although he clearly felt he should have been in the squad

"Obviously I wanted to play for England. I was born in England.

"I class myself as English, but my father is Turkish. My first choice would have been to play for England. The manager at the time when I was being suggested for the England squad was Kevin Keegan.

"I felt I was playing well enough to get a chance to get in the squad. Whether I would be playing or not was another matter.

"At that time there was Paul Gascoigne, Paul Ince, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, David Beckham, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes, and they were all at their best.

"I had had an offer to play for Turkey, so my agent had a word with Keegan and he said I might get into the squad but that I was not someone who would necessarily play.

"So I thought maybe playing for Turkey would be the best scenario for me, as I had got more chance of playing international football.

Stats don't tell you everything, but I cannot understand why people fail to see how Rooney is the best player in the England team. He has had one bad game this season against Villa, but apart from that he has been okay but it's the slow tempo and lack of counter attacking direct football United are playing which is isolating him and him dropping deep to get involved.

Despite Rooney doing well at Euro 2004, he hasn't done much else at tournaments. But why is he singled out and not the team that has also underperformed. Neither have the likes of Lamps, Gerrard and even Scholes performed when called upon. These are considered amongst the greatest footballers ever.

only in England would be criticize our best player, instead of blaming others for not being at his level. We need to find someone that links up with him well and lets hope Vardy is the man. Vardy definitely injects the freshness and directness needed to exploit defences and can retain possession better than anyone I've seen with those high pressured closing down

Rooney has been massively over rated as a striker since he broke his foot aged about 17 playing for England imo.

Prior to that he looked a world beater, but his pace went, and with it the ability to go around people. As a striker that's a massive downside, and people calling him world class is absolutely laughable, considering his lamentable performances in tournaments.

He's got talent but should be in midfield dictating play where his shortcomings are not such a hinderance and he can effect play going forward.

Archived