Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Rooney would have benefitted from spending the last few years playing somewhere with better sports science, nutritionalists etc. I think United are a bit behind some other teams in those areas....Also to be world class you need the right kind of mental toughness and focused attitude and rooney has neither of those in my opinion.

Anyway, back to Vardy....Im buzzing for this game....Go on Jamie lad bag a ****ing hatful.

And plenty of our own so called fans said sell him and he's not good enough not to long ago, were you one of them?

Certainly not- always had a lot of time for Vardy and always had complete faith in Pearson, especially his transfer acumen.

Whether people like it or not, Rooney is better than Vardy.

Rooney has never been a 'world class' footballer. He's a good, talented footballer. One of the best the country has produced in a number of years I'd say.

But that's it.. that's all.

He's not in the same bracket as the true world class players of recent years. Of which there have been precious few.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and possibly Suarez I'd suggest are 'world-class' players at present.

Then the likes of Pirlo, Buffon and going back further Zidane, Maldini and the like.

Rooney could never be bracketed with this standard of player.

Agree with it all but if you're going to class Neymar as world class then you can chuck Rooney from a few years back into that bracket although not the Rooney on current form!

It's not always about fielding the "best" 11 players, It's about fielding a team that is compatible with each other. Vardy brings something to the table that few others can offer in todays game and complements other strikers very well. He is fully deserving of his spot today

Rooney's barely been decent the last 3 years, let alone world class. 

He's had a couple of spells where he's probably been though. 04 Euros he was unreal.

He's had a couple of great spells, 09-10 the obvious one, but really you need to be consistently good to be world class.

Dennis Wise (nearly 34 at the time), so on fire that they sold him to Leicester a year later. Nick Barmby awesome.... ok now I know you're being sarcastic.

So on fire that he won Chelsea player of the year in 2000, as for Barmby he went to Liverpool for 6.5 M and Man U where after him to 

Rooney 2009-10 was absolutely unbelievable - he'd pretty much set himself up in a tier of 1 just below Messi and Ronaldo. He scored about 25 league goals by mid-March and was doing some unreal things in Man United's build up work as well.

Then he got injured against Bayern Munich and the rest is history.

Archived