Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Depends what you mean by international standard. You said him starting wasn't "thoroughly deserved" but currently he's the on-form English striker in the Premier League. Kane isn't playing well, Berahino and Ings aren't playing, Deeney isn't playing well, Austin is now in the Championship so who else is there who Vardy shouldn't be starting ahead of? If you compare him to England regular starting strikers of days gone by then obviously he doesn't compare, but at the moment he's one of the best we have.

I'd disagree about his touch too, it's improved incredible amounts since he's been here and it looks much sharper even compared to last season. As for his brain, he's never going to be the most intelligent of strikers but it seems to me that he's making better runs than he used to and using his pace and energy much more wisely.

He's improved beyond recognition. I know.

When he signed he was nowhere near championship standard and now he's an adequate EPL player.

Kane not really being given much service at Spurs at the mo but he scored about 30 goals last season. Austin is better than Vardy - dont think being in Championship should stop him.

Whole point really of International football for a nation like England is to win major trophies - If Vardy wont be part of a major tournament what is the point in his involvement now? He scores 4 tonight so be it - I wouldnt change my mind based on goals v bin men and plumbers as you call it.

Leicester fans like all fans are so one eyed its unreal. No objectivity at all. It's like at Bournemouth Gradel being hacked to pieces and you've got m0ngs seething with rage calling him a diver.

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING NOT ULTRA POSITIVE ABOUT LEICESTER/A LEICESTER PLAYER YOU HAVE NO LOYALTY.

England is unlikely to win anything for a fair few years, and that's being optimistic. We might as well play players such as Vardy who bring something different to see if they can influence our fortunes short term than keep with the same old guard being shite as usual.

Theo Walcott was called up to a tournament squad after 4 goals in 21 games at Championship level.

Vardy is playing against San Marino in a qualifying group we've all but won.

People need some perspective. See how he does- if he's not any good he won't be picked again. On current club form he should be there, which is supposedly how we want the squad to be selected.

Whole point really of International football for a nation like England is to win major trophies - If Vardy wont be part of a major tournament what is the point in his involvement now? He scores 4 tonight so be it - I wouldnt change my mind based on goals v bin men and plumbers as you call it.

Leicester fans like all fans are so one eyed its unreal. No objectivity at all. It's like at Bournemouth Gradel being hacked to pieces and you've got m0ngs seething with rage calling him a diver.

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING NOT ULTRA POSITIVE ABOUT LEICESTER/A LEICESTER PLAYER YOU HAVE NO LOYALTY.

I'm starting to think he should go to the Euros. Name me a player who offers what Vardy does in terms of directness.

Decent international defenders would bloody hate him snapping at their heels when they like so much time in the ball. The thing is- and I know this sounds ridiculous- you'd have to revolve your whole side and style of play around him to get the best out of him. Unfortunately, the team always gets revolved around a certain someone else and we'll go out with a whimper.

Lots of pace. Poor first touch. Average in front of goal. Not much brain. He's won me over but I'm not gonna pretend he's International standard.

He definitely has a brain. His anticipation is fantastic, he's improved a lot at knowing when to drop and when to run in behind, he works well with pretty much everyone he plays with. Underrated part of his game.

Pleased for him starting.

However he could score 6 and not get credit due to opponents and also this is the worst game for him.

We are gonna be camped in their half, they will have 11 behind the ball and he won't get to use his strengths. Ie pace in behind and pressing.

Rooney to get 2 goals for his 50.

Vardy, just to see him, holding his arms out 3 times after hattrick, I dont think Vardy or city fans would care, if he doesnt get another cap. What a story...

Pub quiz question in 15yrs, who got a hattrick , the day Rooney became Englands all time top score??

Was going to have a bet on Vardy hat trick purely because i've been jesting all week about it, but with Betfred if you bet on a first goalscorer market they do double delight and hat trick heaven (basically if they score first and they score again they'll double the odds, if they score 3 times they'll treble it) ok he's got to score first but at 4/1 reckon that's what i'm gonna ''ave' a bang on'' as Ray would say.

*I presume they'll be doing double delight and hat trick heaven but given who England are playing and the fact a brace and a hat trick are likely (no disrespect San Marino) they might not be doing the offer i'll enquire tomorrow.

Was going to have a bet on Vardy hat trick purely because i've been jesting all week about it, but with Betfred if you bet on a first goalscorer market they do double delight and hat trick heaven (basically if they score first and they score again they'll double the odds, if they score 3 times they'll treble it) ok he's got to score first but at 4/1 reckon that's what i'm gonna ''ave' a bang on'' as Ray would say.

*I presume they'll be doing double delight and hat trick heaven but given who England are playing and the fact a brace and a hat trick are likely (no disrespect San Marino) they might not be doing the offer i'll enquire tomorrow.

I've already looked online as that's where my £20 was going. Not doing DD/HH though unfortunately. He's 4/1 for the first goal at Betfred.

I've gone with William Hill at 9/2

I've already looked online as that's where my £20 was going. Not doing DD/HH though unfortunately. He's 4/1 for the first goal at Betfred.

I've gone with William Hill at 9/2

First goalscorer?

Despite the better odds I reckon 4/1 with DD/HH is better for the possibility he scores twice or even three times.

Yes FGS. £20 on returns £110

Betfred aren't doing DD/HH for our game

Ahhh ok, I read it as you weren't going with the DD/HH offer for some reason (not sure why you wouldn't lol). Fair enough yeah, 9/2 is a no brainer then.

Happy to see him start, but to be honest, Switzerland may have been a better game for him.

Tomorrow they will have 11 men behind the ball, and there will be no room in behind for Vardy to use his pace.

It will be all about tippy tappy football to try and work an opening,probably not one of Vardys strengths, where as against Switzerland, they are more likely to play a bit more open, and so more chance for Vardy to use his pace.

Also has as been said, Vardy could get a hat-trick tomorrow, and he would get no credit.

Rooney on the other hand, if he were to get the 2 goals to beat Bobby Charltons goal record, will no doubt be lorded as the greatest ever English player, despite never having done it in a major finals!

Archived