Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I thought I was being overly harsh with Riyad on Sunday but I've seen many other people agree that for large parts he simply didn't look interested, we can't afford to carry anyone at this stage so if there is the slightest hint of that then he needs to be either left on the bench or subbed fairly quickly

Imaging you just do that (Bench Mahrez or change slightly the team exactly at this time where it matter the most) and then all of the sudden you start losing and everything crumbles lol how will you feel?... can you really dare to do that?... just wondering! lol lol .... not being pushy about Mahrez or anything, the point is : it AIN't wise to change things now!

Imaging you just do that (Bench Mahrez or change slightly the team exactly at this time where it matter the most) and then all of the sudden you start losing and everything crumbles lol how will you feel?... can you really dare to do that?... just wondering! lol lol .... not being pushy about Mahrez or anything, the point is : it AIN't wise to change things now!

No way Ranieri would drop arguably our best player. We all have poor games. He'll bag one v the hammers and the man will be back on track

Love watching him take on players.

its annoying to see him off his game but when he is on it he does amazing things like accelerate into a tiny gap between two opposition players or turn on a six pence and create room for a pass or shot so whilst these things are amazing when they work its not surprising that sometimes they wont work.

when they dont work it seems to drain his confidence though so the fans have a part to play by not getting on his back.

I can't believe some of the comments, if Barca come in for him , snap their hands for 30m......

Let him go, drop him, I heard it at Sunderland yesterday.

He is the best player we have in an attacking sense. Vardy is fantastic but Mahrez goals and assists are invaluable.

He is visibly tired. They are protecting him, and he will come good again, he's not threatened as much in the last couple of matches, but teams adjust to deny him time and space, that in itself creates spaces for others to exploit.

Everyone will be sorry if he went , very sorry

its annoying to see him off his game but when he is on it he does amazing things like accelerate into a tiny gap between two opposition players or turn on a six pence and create room for a pass or shot so whilst these things are amazing when they work its not surprising that sometimes they wont work.

when they dont work it seems to drain his confidence though so the fans have a part to play by not getting on his back.

Nailed it on the head!!

Many appear to forget or simply miss the fact that geniuses/gems like Mahrez live for and try always to put that magic touch in a game, and that has a cost. Their dribbles, their hips-breaking change of flow, their daring and vicious touches/passes.... are all high-risk and low-revenue moves in the modern soccer with the ever tightening defenses. When their magic moves work, they permit their clubs (e.g. LCFC) to reach the top of the league with all the goals and assists. When they don't, they still hurt the opponent team as they drag more attention and shift tactics towards or around the Mahrez-like players, which opens up spaces and offers occasions to the tier-2 and tier-1 players to get some effectiveness in scoring and helping the team win its games.

Losing Marhez will hurt LCFC, unless other geniuses will be brought on the table. Ranieri knows that and he will do his best to keep him for another season or until he retires from the club.

No way Ranieri would drop arguably our best player. We all have poor games. He'll bag one v the hammers and the man will be back on track

Love watching him take on players.

Mahrez was benched at Norwich earlier in the season after he was poor in the home loss against Arsenal.

Personally I would still play him because he is a game changer, as he showed at Watford recently.

Archived