Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Fans would be happier if he were above average consistently, than occasionally poor and often magical. Sad imo.

great post. it is really quite sad and a bit bizarre. 

surely as fans of the game we live for magical moments. we live for 10/10s. we live for people like knockaert, mahrez etc. if we have to take one workmanlike, sub par performance every now and then for him to produce a man city away, a spurs at home, a stoke at home etc etc then i'm all for it. 

albrighton is great and a real asset to our team and the way we play but he's a 6 or 7 out of 10 every week without really ever doing anything amazing. he compliments mahrez really well but i know who i'd prefer... 

Only thing I can think about this thread is that some posters are already trying to reconcile that he might leave in the Summer. Some outragous posts on here.

Yes, the lad is knackered, but is it a surprise really - they even said at the start of the season they didn't think he had 38 games a season in him. Even by being on the pitch he gives the opposition something to think about. Imagine their dressing room when a Leicester teamsheet gets announced with no Mahrez - they would be ecstatic!

Riyad's form isn't worth worrying about. Won't be long until he bangs in another worldie.

okay,think about it.why should  he not leave the club?

he is 25 years old,he has played in championship with leicester,in premier league and this time he is winning the title with team.he is not betrayer or something like this.he has done great job.yeah sure in last 2 games he was below average,but he is best in the team,we should admit it.

he is already a GREAT player,he doesnt need another year and more experience.i dont think in next season he would again be pleased to play this type of football leicester is playing after loosing first game at liverpool,after that game ranieri started more pragmatic football and after this Mahrez cant show his best,his dribling,his tecnique and e.t.c.

yeah he scored and done something huge but not that huge he did in the early games.

so he is already barcelona,or real footballer type.

okay,think about it.why should he not leave the club?

he is 25 years old,he has played in championship with leicester,in premier league and this time he is winning the title with team.he is not betrayer or something like this.he has done great job.yeah sure in last 2 games he was below average,but he is best in the team,we should admit it.

he is already a GREAT player,he doesnt need another year and more experience.i dont think in next season he would again be pleased to play this type of football leicester is playing after loosing first game at liverpool,after that game ranieri started more pragmatic football and after this Mahrez cant show his best,his dribling,his tecnique and e.t.c.

yeah he scored and done something huge but not that huge he did in the early games.

don't even know why I'm responding to this but what the heck.

he shouldn't leave because he is suited to the English game. the fast pace is when he is at his best. there is no better club for him in England than us, for a year at least. we know him, he knows us, he lives here and has his family here and plays footy every day with his best mates.

we all know he will leave at some stage. well all congratulate him on his move when he does and we (or me at least, dunno about anyone else) will spend the next 50 years of my life talking about how leicester had a player called riyad mahrez and he was one of the best players in the world.

but if he were to leave at the end of this season it'd be a mistake, I reckon. we've improved him and could continue to improve him. the only place I'd begrudgingly let him go to (for a ludicrous price) is Barcelona in the summer and I doubt they're actually, genuinely interested.

you are right in what you say. he played in the championship and won it. he played for us in a relegation battle and we won that. he's played for us in a title fight and we'll hopefully win that. one more to cross off the bucket list, a fun crack at europe's elite. when he wins that (lol) or it goes disastrously he will leave and good luck to him.

but for now, he surely stays. it makes perfect sense to stay.

okay,think about it.why should  he not leave the club?

stick to dinimo tbilisi talk i think pal

he shouldn't leave because he is suited to the English game. the fast pace is when he is at his best. there is no better club for him in England than us, for a year at least. we know him, he knows us, he lives here and has his family here and plays footy every day with his best mates.

we all know he will leave at some stage. well all congratulate him on his move when he does and we (or me at least, dunno about anyone else) will spend the next 50 years of my life talking about how leicester had a player called riyad mahrez and he was one of the best players in the world.

but if he were to leave at the end of this season it'd be a mistake, I reckon. we've improved him and could continue to improve him. the only place I'd begrudgingly let him go to (for a ludicrous price) is Barcelona in the summer and I doubt they're actually, genuinely interested.

you are right in what you say. he played in the championship and won it. he played for us in a relegation battle and we won that. he's played for us in a title fight and we'll hopefully win that. one more to cross off the bucket list, a fun crack at europe's elite. when he wins that ( lol) or it goes disastrously he will leave and good luck to him.

i just saw those posts why he shouldnt leave and it will be great if he wouldnt,he is part of a team and so on,but i am bit realistic and i cant see mahrez in next seasons leicester,unfortunately 

i also read that he made family with a local girl and thats why he will stay at leicester,much optimistic :D

you are right in what you say. he played in the championship and won it. he played for us in a relegation battle and we won that. he's played for us in a title fight and we'll hopefully win that. one more to cross off the bucket list, a fun crack at europe's elite. when he wins that (lol) or it goes disastrously he will leave and good luck to him.

Exactly this. I'm pretty sure the owners will drop some money to bring in a player or two that fits the chemistry of this team and will improve the level and depth as we head into Europe next year. He's arguably our best player and he gets tons of first team time. Makes sense to stay

Can we please get this lad a better song?

We don't have enough chants that are belters but we have a lot of droners.

We've got chants like wes wes morgan *clap clap*. (droner).

Seriously? Potentially our most successful ever captain and thats the shit we give him? A second hand chant that was once used for sol fekin bamba.

Ranieri's songs are the bees knees. Everyone knows the words and everyone gives it the biggun whenever they're sung (belter).

Even if we recycled Don't Sell Knockaert for our Riyad i'd be happy.

You're right he is a flair player. the trouble is these type of players seldom do much else for the Team. So when their not on their game they become a liability.

He has been great for us all season, But big players perform in big Matches. if we're serious about winning the league we cannot have passengers.

Kingy or Schlupp I'm sure would have offered more on yesterdays performance.

Anyone in doubt of what's needed at this stage of the season have a look at Spurs yesterday. They where Magnificent all Match and just ground Utd into submission.

And all of their big players performed.

Sat is a crunch game we need everyone at their best.

Well, Mahrez has won games for us single handedly this year. He's been poor for a few games, but as we've managed to get wins anyway it was worth persisting with him to try to play him into some kind of form.

Even at his very best, he drifts in and out of games. I'd rather keep their left back worried for 60mins while he's quiet, and then bring on Grey to run their nuts off if it's not working.

And, more than anything, in Claudio we trust. If there was more to it than a bit of dodgy form, he wouldn't be playing. I hope a lot of the sniping on here is preemptive mourning in case he does move in the summer, but while he's a Leicester player we ought to cheer him back into form-it's the only positive impact we can make.

A lot of the time he is having a bad day is because the other side are marking him with 2/3 players from a distance. But that just draws away from our other players!

There has been games he has seemed poor and at Sunderland I was moaning a little in the stands but in length of this season, he's been great!

This and other posts on this thread are why I'm glad Ranieri is managing this team. 

You'd replace Mahrez at this point of the season with a 19-year-old (albeit talented) kid who has made three appearances (all less than 12 minutes, and all in very specific circumstances) as a substitute since March 1? I can't believe how irrational that is.

Sure, Mahrez isn't lighting up the field lately, but he's still a very serious threat, so much so that teams consistently double-team him. He also won a few important fouls yesterday that helped to relieve pressure from Sunderland.

Mahrez absolutely should start against West Ham, and every other game this season barring an injury or some serious **** ups.

The last couple of games are just that and certainly shouldn't be used as an indictment of Mahrez. Hell, ****in' Leonel Messi isn't playing great hasn't scored in four games. Perhaps Barca should bench him too.

I'm talking about resting him not selling him. He's tired, we can see that and on Sunday and last week to some extent, it looks as if it's affecting his game.

By his own admission, when Claudio dropped him earlier in the season, he came back firing. He is not firing at the moment.

I thought I was being overly harsh with Riyad on Sunday but I've seen many other people agree that for large parts he simply didn't look interested, we can't afford to carry anyone at this stage so if there is the slightest hint of that then he needs to be either left on the bench or subbed fairly quickly

I thought I was being overly harsh with Riyad on Sunday but I've seen many other people agree that for large parts he simply didn't look interested, we can't afford to carry anyone at this stage so if there is the slightest hint of that then he needs to be either left on the bench or subbed fairly quickly

That is a very unfair characterization, he tracked back almost every time. I believe there was a stat indicating he had the most recovery runs in the prem on the day. Ok he has been a solide 4/10 over the past two games but you can't call his performances  uninterested. Lethargic yes, sloppy yes. 

That's the point many were making earlier that he looked disinterested, Nobody minds a player having a poor game once their trying. we all seen it enough of times from different players. But for what's at stake we need everybody trying. That's all I ever ask of any player put in a shift for the team. We know he can turn a game or win a game on his own. But I also would take him off quickly if he starts in the same vein as last Sunday. maybe he was just under the weather against Sunderland.

Mahrez has been off the pace the last couple of games.

If a top La Liga side offered £30m for him I think we'd have to accept it. Not that he's been poor etc. Quite the contrary he's our best attacking player. La Liga suits his style of play. He's quite slow-paced Mahrez, rarely does he sprint full pace at a defender from 30 yards away and seeks to shove the ball round him. He 3/4 sprints, jogs to the payer, makes him look daft and continues his run.

If the chance came I hope he does go La Liga, and all of us should be very happy for him and wish him well despite our reluctance to sell him.

Oh ffs, the Olympics! If he gets injured from that farce  :mad:  

Archived