Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arcade games that you loved

Firefox? It was definitely in there and a sit in cabinet.

Could have been but I don't think so.

Firefox was only plane to plane shooting wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Simpsons, Street Fighter II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF WrestleFest, Point Blank 2, Time Crisis II, Manx TT Superbike, Wonder Boy, Golden Axe, Virtua Striker... plus the Doctor Who and Addams Family pinball machines.

There's an arcade on Southend High Street that has a lot of refurbished classics, great place to spend a free afternoon.

The Simpsons, Street Fighter II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF WrestleFest, Point Blank 2, Time Crisis II, Manx TT Superbike, Wonder Boy, Golden Axe, Virtua Striker... plus the Doctor Who and Addams Family pinball machines.

There's an arcade on Southend High Street that has a lot of refurbished classics, great place to spend a free afternoon.

That's an excellent list.

Mine would be, Street Fighter II (and onwards), TMNT (original and Turtles in Time), Metal Slug, Joust, Crazy Taxi, Tekken, GTI Club, Manx TT, Point Blank, X-Men and The Simpsons sidescrollers, Dig Dug.

It's a real shame that arcades are almost a thing of the past. I guess they're pretty redundant now that home consoles are as good as they are, but there was something great about the arcade. You had to put up with the stench, the sweaty controllers, the bigger kids hogging the best cabinets, but it was still a really fun place to be.

I made this because I couldn't put up with the crappy XBox 360 controller's d-pad for playing fighting games...

final5_zpsiqt0vauo.jpg

As an added bonus, it works on my laptop, so I can use it for Mame games. I was going to buy one, but they are ridiculously overpriced. Was way cheaper to buy all the parts and tools I needed to make my own.

You're jammy that you've got that arcade near you. Anyone know if there still any decent ones around the midlands? Anyone been to the Namco place in Tamworth?

Archived