Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Arcade games that you loved

I remember the earth changing moment when Space Invaders entered my life and wondered what classic games you all loved from your youth.

I quickly moved on from space invaders and jumped the girly Pacman and fell in love with the sounds and action from Williams.

Defender was awesome, Galaxians was great, other early games I enjoyed were centipede, phoenix, dig dug, joust, pole position, tron track and field.

There was a game called Robotron which I battled for top spot on for many lunchtimes - back in the days when people actually crowded around machines to watch the top players.

I remember playing a tank battle game - possibly called Red Tank - for over an hour each time just for 10p.

Another I loved was a pinball/video game cross called Hyperball where you shot ball bearings to spell out words.

later I fell in love with Cyberball - futuristic US Football.

and later still the Star wars racer game (forgotten the name).

more recently I enjoyed the Time Crisis series.

There are many more but that's a start.

What are the Arcade games that you have loved?

I remember the moment of discovering Phoenix at the Nottingham Bowling Alley having only known Space Invaders until that point. Quite a few years later Mario / Mario Brothers hooked me, very addictive. Then one of the early footy games I first discovered in a Blackpool arcade , "If only I could have this quality at home" I thought (whilst checking for security).

I remember the arrival of Pong, man it changed the world, was in the front bar at the pub i was about 13/14? Dad and his teammates at the bar, all of us kids scavenging 20 cents to play ....

arcade9.jpg

Then.... shit got real when this beast arrived, prob two years later, they had the table at the cricket club i played at... sooo many hours spent on it...

081020101875.jpg

There was a sit in arcade game - must have been shooting of some kind and probably futuristic - that I was very good at, around '85. Possibly in Thomas's arcade on high? st. Can't think what it was but remember getting very hot in there and needing to derobe before starting.

Anyone with any ideas.

I don't remember Steven Hawkings being in Star Wars. Loved that game though.

Gauntlet was a buggy for me though. Remember shovelling 10ps into it all afternoon trying to reach the end and got to level 170 ish I recall. Of course, it doesn't have an end!

There was a sit in arcade game - must have been shooting of some kind and probably futuristic - that I was very good at, around '85. Possibly in Thomas's arcade on high? st. Can't think what it was but remember getting very hot in there and needing to derobe before starting.

Anyone with any ideas.

Firefox? It was definitely in there and a sit in cabinet.

Archived