Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Foxestalk Christmas Party

To be honest, a post like this makes me really not want to bother anyway.

The arrogance of some of the posters on here remains at large I see. Not Una..he seems cool.

My post was genuine. It IS the same night as the works Christmas do, and it IS at the Meridian. Getting into town later would be a pain in the arse. If the works night out was in town, I'd potter down to you lot later.

Not that I have to justify myself anyway.

The thought of a chat and a beer with Una and Izzy Muzzett sounds cool. The thought of a night with you three...doesn't.

I'm not sure you can talk about arrogance after you're reaction to seeing a picture of Finners from about 12 years ago.

I'm not sure you can talk about arrogance after you're reaction to seeing a picture of Finners from about 12 years ago.

No that's humour. Not arrogance.

Big difference. Like quite a few, I expected Finners to not look like Harry Potter. Which was funny.

If you also read back thru the thread I commended Finners for taking it on the chin.

Not arrogance that..

Geordie's post of course, is arrogant. He's basically saying 'it'll be the usual suspects, as I suspected'. Whereas quite a few have said they would come I think? I was still tinkering with the idea of getting into a cab from the Meridian, as I didn't want to let people down. Now I won't bother.

:thumbup:

Is there an itinerary yet? Where and what places? If I am with the CAMRA crew part of the day I will have had enough by the evening and may well be shattered.

You and your bloody itinerarys.

Queen of bradgate at 8 that's as much of an itinerary you're getting buddy.

Make that 4 and a half, I'll be at the end of the bar retaining my usual role: contributing a shite one liner every hour or two, then falling back into the shadows until the next opportunity for an awful pun arises.

Looks like I've finally found a like for like. Me and you would make a solid partnership imo Finnaldo.

This is the route for the CAMRA do. It ends up in the Criterion. I doubt I will do it all  then meet at night as well with it starting 10.30 am.

Come along for a festive wander around city centre pubs for great beer, food, carol singing, santa hats, christmas jumpers and any other jollies we think of. You can join in or bail out at any point. 10.30 The High Cross, High Street 11.30 Queen of Bradgate, High Street 12.00 The Globe, Silver Street 12.45 The Salmon, Butt Close Lane 13.30 Royal Standard, Charles Street 14.00 Exchange, Rutland Street 14.30 The Ale Wagon, Charles Street 15.15 Slug & Lettuce, Market Street 15.45 The Kings Head, King Street 16.45 Swan & Rushes, Infirmary Square 17.15 Bowling Green, Oxford Street 17.45 The Charlotte, Oxford Street 18.15 Rutland & Derby Arms, Millstone Lane 18.45 The Criterion Freehouse, Millstone Lane

Why the hell does this start at 10:30 in the morning? 

I think so to have a breakfast  in the Highcross. I could be wrong and it's just because it opens earlier than the others. I won't be there at that time. I shall only do the ones in the centre. Not bother with the Swan &Rushes or Bowling Green or even those Charles Street en.Depends on what time I leave the house.

To be honest, a post like this makes me really not want to bother anyway.

The arrogance of some of the posters on here remains at large I see. Not Una..he seems cool.

My post was genuine. It IS the same night as the works Christmas do, and it IS at the Meridian. Getting into town later would be a pain in the arse. If the works night out was in town, I'd potter down to you lot later.

Not that I have to justify myself anyway.

The thought of a chat and a beer with Una and Izzy Muzzett sounds cool. The thought of a night with you three...doesn't.

#rinced

Archived