Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Harry Kane has the unwanted tag of the most free-kick shots taken (48) in the Premier League since 2016-17 without scoring a single goal. 

(Ward-Prowse with 11 and Maddison with 6 have scored the most goals from direct free-kicks in the PL over that period.)

source:  https://theathletic.com/3177640/2022/03/23/analysing-europes-free-kick-takers-the-good-the-bad-and-the-brilliance-of-james-ward-prowse/

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Chelsea became the first side to ever score three times within the opening 10 minutes of a WSL match.

Perhaps there should be a stat thread for women's football. What with Barclays sponsoring the WSL I imagine there'll be an increase in stats focus moving forward. 

According to records kept by the data experts, the Reds have scored a league-high 10 goals via substitutes this season, with Marcus Rashford netting four of them - also a Premier League high in 2021/22. 

The first five of those were scored under the management of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the second five have been registered during Ralf Rangnick’s time. In chronological order, they include: 

Jesse Lingard v Newcastle United
Jesse Lingard v West Ham United
Marcus Rashford v Leicester City
Marcus Rashford v Tottenham Hotspur
Donny van de Beek v Watford
Edinson Cavani v Newcastle United
Marcus Rashford v Brentford
Marcus Rashford v West Ham United
Fred v Leeds United
Anthony Elanga v Leeds United

Meanwhile, no side has conceded more goals to substitutes this season than Leicester (7), so could these statistics have a bearing when the sides meet at Old Trafford on Saturday?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

And Ahmed Musa is the ONLY player to ever score a brace against Barcelona in Sweden in an American-owned Cup competition.

You can look it up.

My heart went all a flutter when I saw the Moose's goal against Crystal Palace on the big screen before the game on Sunday! I will always have a soft spot for Musa, and I have no earthly idea why.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

We hadn't signed Slimani by that point so he was for a brief period our record signing.

Yeah same with Mendy.

I think we broke our transfer record 3 times that summer - first with Mendy, then with Musa, then with Slimani.

Musa and Slimani didn’t work out, though Mendy has been a decent squad player for us over the years, weird to think he was once our record signing though. He kind of feels like he was bought in as a cheap squad player looking back.

Just now, Sampson said:

Yeah same with Mendy.

I think we broke our transfer record 3 times that summer - first with Mendy, then with Musa, then with Slimani.

Musa and Slimani didn’t work out, though Mendy has been a decent squad player for us over the years, weird to think he was once our record signing though. He kind of feels like he was bought in as a cheap squad player looking back.

IIRC Claudio wanted him over Kante but Walsh persisted over that summer, whispering "Kante Kante Kante" every time he passed him at the training ground. Then the next summer he was ready to plug that gap but got injured in his first or second game for about 5 months, and our form was so bad we brought in Wilf in the January. Wilf was a revelation and Papy kept getting injured so we ended up sending him back to Nice on loan for a season. Then Puel brought him in alongside Wilf and Brendan has kept using him as a squad player. He's definitely turned into a very reliable squad player like Amartey.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Not “crazy”, but found this a bit surprising tbh: 

Makes for good reading, we are extremely lucky to have those 3 as our striking options, you'd be hard pressed to find a team with as good ST options imo. 

• Like 2