Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

3 minutes ago, Phube said:

Leicester vs Spurs for some reason always seems to be a goal fest nowadays, after today:

11 games - 46 goals

That is ridiculous averaging over 4 goals per game for over 10 games!! 

I bet only Liverpool vs Arsenal is close to that. 

10 minutes ago, Phube said:

Leicester vs Spurs for some reason always seems to be a goal fest nowadays, after today:

11 games - 46 goals

That is ridiculous averaging over 4 goals per game for over 10 games!! 

That’s because neither team has a decent defender and look like conceding with every shot

We have conceded 36 goals in 19 games, thats pretty much 2 goals a game – we need on average to score 3 to win a game  – with this defensive unit, i think being 10th with 2 games in hand is pretty remarkable, Leicester have never conceded this many goals in a premier league season at this point, and we've been relegated 4 times – pretty incredible! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

It was on yesterdays totally football show, stat from Duncan Alexander 

Correct, he is a Stat man. But he didn't say what type of goals counted. Probably Premier League goals? 

But unless someone does a deep dive through 20 odd years of stats we'll never know. 

On 21/01/2022 at 11:22, Les-TA-Jon said:

I'm trying to think since we've been at the King Power, the big scorers have been Vardy, Mahrez, Nugent, Fryatt maybe? It sounds like it's wrong but maybe it's correct? 

King and Dickov must have scored more than Kane as well as those 4 mentioned. Brian Deane, Iain Hume and Steve Howard maybe too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leicester_City_F.C._seasons

Anyone wanna check the goal scorers, this page has a link to each season since we moved to the stadium. If you click it, all the results and scorers are there. I can't be arsed right now, but if I'm bored tomorrow I might.

46 minutes ago, Sampson said:

King and Dickov must have scored more than Kane as well as those 4 mentioned. Brian Deane, Iain Hume and Steve Howard maybe too.

Deane only scored 19 for us, total. Howard hadn't got enough at home, nor had Dyer. 

Dickov has 17 in 02/03 and 03/04 so he's ahead of Kane.

Hume has 20 at home, if I've counted correctly.

Fryatt, Vardy and Mahrez and King also have more than Kane.

I can't think of any others, so Kane would be joint 6th with Dickov.

Only Vardy has more than Kane at the KP in the PL.

Edited by Xen

40 minutes ago, Xen said:

Deane only scored 19 for us, total. Howard hadn't got enough at home, nor had Dyer. 

Dickov has 17 in 02/03 and 03/04 so he's ahead of Kane.

Hume has 20 at home, if I've counted correctly.

Fryatt, Vardy and Mahrez and King also have more than Kane.

I can't think of any others, so Kane would be joint 6th with Dickov.

Only Vardy has more than Kane at the KP in the PL.

Does Kane have 17 at the King Power? I thought the stat was he'd scored 17 goals against us in total, including games at Spurs?

How many do Iheanacho and Maddison have now as well? Both have scored roughly 40 goals for the club, so unless they scored the majority of them away then they should be ahead of him. Evern Barnes may be.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Does Kane have 17 at the King Power? I thought the stat was he'd scored 17 goals against us in total, including games at Spurs?

How many do Iheanacho and Maddison have now as well? Both have scored roughly 40 goals for the club, so unless they scored the majority of them away then they should be ahead of him. Evern Barnes may be.

Yep, the stat is King Power only apparently. I've not checked Kane's goals though.

I believe the stat is only looking at league goals. Iheanacho has got a good number of his in the cup and I believe was on 13 KP league goals. Maddison is about the same total.