Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

What are peoples thoughts on those who decided not to travel?  Especially the captain.

A part of me thinks they should never play again, or at least I hope the players bought into replace them do so well they push them out.

With the security around the England players they'd be safer there than practically anywhere.

I personally don't think the players should have a choice, if its deemed safe they should travel.

HOLD ON let's be clear they were given an open choice with no comebacks so that is it end of story 

but my own opinion is the choice should not have been given 

Im disappointed he didn't travel and I'm sure he regrets it now , but the ruling was a free choice with no reprisals if you didn't travel 

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Morgan should never play again, I could sort of understand it had he also said he wouldn't go to India but to not go Bangladesh but accept a bumper IPL contract when both countries are considered dangerous is ridiculous, when the going got tough he got going and I can't imagine him gaining any respect in a team talk ever again from those who did travel and fight to a victory.

Although he should have been removed when he decided to skip Ireland away for the IPL last year, how the ECB allowed him to do that I still don't know.

I agree on the last point, you have security advice and you either take it as a team or you don't.

ISIL have been active in Bangladesh , and the Indian security services are much more geared up , also your one or two westerners in a team of locals as opposed to a bus or hotel full of Brits (or plastic Brits as the case would be) 

if there was no free pass my gut feeling is I couldn't support Eoin as captain again for not going but given he had a free choice he has to be put back in 

right now the question is he in the form to be England captain , and for me he isn't , I think the one day team has moved on and needs to keep moving on

he will be captain because to punish him for not going would open a Pandora's box ! 

Morgan rejuvinised, the 1 day team, and he drove the team forward, while his own batting was below expectations.

It might be  time to fade him out, because of whats coming through...

For me, I'll leave it to the selectors. My take would be give him next summer, and one more tour, with an outlook

to see if the wanna bes, can compete for his place, by performing, and give him room to step down,

if he falls well off in his batting.

This 1st Test with Bangladesh, just brilliant!!!

The Tigers have developed and no longer an easy Target.They have some good young players coming through.

England had new challenges, they held up as a team.But even now, they need to know if their other tour players

can bring something to the squad.

IMO...In.

Hameed..Finn...Ansari. 

Out. ..Balance...Woakes/Broad...Batty.   

I have no problem with the Batty nor with Woakes or Broad. Balance has had his chance and could still play his part in India...

Duckett moves to 4, Hameed opens.  Ansari should be given his chance, England was poor in

handling Rashid, this time give Ansari the time and trust.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Morgan rejuvinised, the 1 day team, and he drove the team forward, while his own batting was below expectations.

It might be  time to fade him out, because of whats coming through...

For me, I'll leave it to the selectors. My take would be give him next summer, and one more tour, with an outlook

to see if the wanna bes, can compete for his place, by performing, and give him room to step down,

if he falls well off in his batting.

This 1st Test with Bangladesh, just brilliant!!!

The Tigers have developed and no longer an easy Target.They have some good young players coming through.

England had new challenges, they held up as a team.But even now, they need to know if their other tour players

can bring something to the squad.

IMO...In.

Hameed..Finn...Ansari. 

Out. ..Balance...Woakes/Broad...Batty.   

I have no problem with the Batty nor with Woakes or Broad. Balance has had his chance and could still play his part in India...

Duckett moves to 4, Hameed opens.  Ansari should be given his chance, England was poor in

handling Rashid, this time give Ansari the time and trust.

Yea I'd agree with nearly all that 

Not England-related, but really found this Gideon Haigh piece interesting.

Reckon a few lads I've known and played with at club level down the years could empathise with this...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/opinion/gideon-haigh/the-complicated-life-of-a-fringe-firstclass-cricketer/news-story/522a91c4382e18cbdc97b4a89c541aa5

That was incredible, total humiliation in the morning, complete opposite in the afternoon, Ali was superb, he's a mile better than Rashid, I can't believe I wanted him dropped for the latter at one point, he gives control for a start.

Only got two wickets but that spell Stokes bowled just before tea was as good as anything I've seen this year.

Hope Duckett plays some shots here, as Mac says, this pitch looks a tough one.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

That was incredible, total humiliation in the morning, complete opposite in the afternoon, Ali was superb, he's a mile better than Rashid, I can't believe I wanted him dropped for the latter at one point, he gives control for a start.

Only got two wickets but that spell Stokes bowled just before tea was as good as anything I've seen this year.

Hope Duckett plays some shots here, as Mac says, this pitch looks a tough one.

Well he played one lol Six and Out.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

This has been a shambolic performance since tea, virtually nobody has been able to play spin.

There are collapses and then there a capitulations

this is the later  ,shocking shite 

is this the beginning of the end of Cook ? Is this the beginning of the end of test match cricket 

or 

is this going to trigger the rebirth of test cricket outside the ashes ? , for test cricket to survive the Indian subcontinent needs to produce test cricket interest , India will be taking note of Bangladesh   

Archived