Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

How far do you lot think Hameed can go? Loved what I've seen of him and looks a great talent. He has brilliant temperament and is very composed and adept to handling any kind of situation within a game.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

A few things have become apparent from this tour:

1.  We have an opening bat who looks comfortable in the role.  I can't see anyone dislodging Hameed any time soon.

2.  There's a vacancy for an England No.4 who can play spin.  Duckett looks vulnerable right now and it will only destroy his confidence if he carries on without improving his technique.

3.  We don't have three spinners who can match the class of the Indian spinners.  Our strength is in pace so provided the wicket will respond we may just as well put Woakes back into the team.

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

How far do you lot think Hameed can go? Loved what I've seen of him and looks a great talent. He has brilliant temperament and is very composed and adept to handling any kind of situation within a game.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Early days but so far so good. We've desperately needed somebody to lock down this position and fingers crossed we have that man.

He's only 19 years old but as you say looks like he has the mental attributes required, let's hope he can kick on even further!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer but an excellent start to his England career from Keaton Jennings.  Only a few months we were searching for an opener to partner Cook and now it looks like we have two.

How different it could have been for him after being dropped on 0.

really great achievement by Keaton Jennings and hopefully we will see a lot more of him and maybe he can learn of Joe Root to become a world class player.it's early days and he will need to stay focused and grounded but it is really good when you find a player that might be able to step up to international class

On 12/11/2016 at 11:24, StanSP said:

This is amazing lol 

It was hilarious, no one was spared, I don't think it will be up in Chennai lol

In terms of the cricket we look so far out our depth it's a bit silly at the minute, Rashid and Ali are so far behind Jadeja and Ashwin it's painful to watch and we needed big runs from Cook and Root, neither happened.

Could be the end of Cook's captaincy this. He sounded like he was coming round to the idea and this is just embarrassing.

Got to hand it to a great India batting lineup but nobody usually struggles to take wickets as badly as this across a whole series and our batsman certainly haven't been keeping hold of theirs.

Archived