Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's pretty common now though, teams rarely enforce the follow on.

The Aussies put us in a couple of times last Ashes series over there when 300 odd in front, it can be used to humiliate the opposition, was risky here though with some rain forecast over two years, fortunately our bowling is so good in these conditions I'd be surprised if Pakistan made it to tomorrow.

It certainly happens a lot less than it used too.  My reference was really unique to our position in the game, i doubt many would have batted again given all the advantages to the home team.

Guest MattP

Moeen really is awful, that's about the 4th time this series he's bowled a ball over the batsman's head.

Some tidy reverse mockers from you there @MattP

Moeen is leaky af but he will buy you a wicket most of the time. Not great if you need your spinner to hold up an end against top oppo tho. I'd like to see Rashid given a run in the side as Ali isn't scoring many runs and there's already a lot of batting in this team.

Guest MattP
On 7/30/2016 at 12:12, StanSP said:

I know teams like to play for a draw but never heard of so many deliveries without scoring! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/36931895

It was quite an incredible watch, even more so in this day and age.

This Australian side really is poor though, how many of their previous teams would bowl out a team before tea on the first day for 117 and still end up losing fairly comfortably?

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Hales falls cheaply again, Root out now, big innings here for Vince, losing your wicket playing too expansively at 230-2 is one thing, getting out driving/playing risky shots at 50-2 could cost him his place.

Hales just doesn't have the footwork to play top class new ball bowling. Bell Drummond might be getting a call up soon.

We need to punish Misbah here, it looks a lovely pitch and he never should have bowled first. Hope we don't let them off.

Was just about to come on here and praise this partnership and saying how important it is to continue batting like this a test match, then Ballance gets out.

A decent knock but missed out on a big score, at the moment I would say he is doing enough to keep his place ahead of Vince and Hales.

Ali and Woakes then we are into the tail, I really miss the batting of the Broad of old, him and Swann coming in and you could always add on 50 quick runs and then some.

Getting to 300 from here would be a good effort. Heading to Edgbaston on Friday and Saturday, would be surprised if it got to Sunday, normally  get a result in 4 days here.

Has there ever been a time when the England team had such abundant riches in the wicketkeeper department? OK, some of these guys might not compare that favourably with their keeping skills with keepers from other era's but the batting potential of these guys is amazing! Bairstow, Butler, Billings, Duckett, Foakes, Clarke, even our Ned scored centuries in both innings this week for the second time!  

Vince is surely finished now. He reminds me a bit of Rob Key, never quite scoring the volume of runs to justify getting into the England team in the first place and in the end the selectors say 'well he's been on the fringes for a while lets give him a go'. 

Roots wicket .... confirming, he still needs to greatly improve his discipline in the early

part of his innings.His no3 berth, means he also needs to show other talents.

Hales ...again just unlucky.

Vince..needs a strong Root, and opening partnership put 60-+ on the board.

I would still  stick with him for the tour. Though Rashid and a 3rd spinner could

well keep him out of the team.

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, Vince has had enough chances - though he got a good one today.

In other news, 22 overs before lunch is a piss poor effort from Pakistan and they should be penalised for it.

It's disgraceful isn't it? What were they about 7 or 8 overs short at the close? Imagine if they had an all seam attack?! It's not just Pakistan though the ICC really need to sort this  out. If they had some kind of punitive punishment for slow over rates it would be stamped out over night.

35 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Fair play to Pakistan, up near the top of the rankings despite not playing in their own country for years.

That isn't much of a restricting factor though; looking at the results the UAE is probably the country where the conditions are most biased in favour of the home team in the world. 

But yes, this is a great result away from home for them, and they've clearly got a really decent team.

Archived