Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

5 hours ago, marko said:

If Gary Ballance is the answer, you're asking the wrong question.

Unless the question is 'which of England's top order struggles the most with spin and therefore should not even be considered for the India tour where he probably won't even match the 6 runs he averaged in this test'? In which case the answer is most definitely Gary Ballance.

15 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Unless the question is 'which of England's top order struggles the most with spin and therefore should not even be considered for the India tour where he probably won't even match the 6 runs he averaged in this test'? In which case the answer is most definitely Gary Ballance.

lollollol

I'd forgotten about that question!

On 10/30/2016 at 14:23, foxy boxing said:

The usual England batting collapse as predictable as the sun rising

It was awful, no doubt about that, but our spinners lost us this match, not the batsman, not only do they not take enough wickets but the economy rates are absolutely tragic for a pitch turning that much, Cook has absolutely no control from his bowlers and you can't set attacking fields for a leg-spinner who is often going at 5 an over, let alone 4 an over against a team like Bangladesh.

Had Swann and Panesar been our spin attack the hundred partnership between Duckett and Cook on Sunday Morning would have been enough to win us the match by 10 wickets and we'd be sat here calling it a hammering.

I've not got them on me now but the statistics between seam and spin in the two test matches are scary, the seamers going at just over 2 an over, the spinners just under 4. And the seamers only a few wickets behind despite bowling nearly half the overs.

I think we are going to need to score 700 runs to win a test match against India.

Although one thing we should all celebrate is the tests and ODI went smoothly

The people of Bangladesh absolutely love cricket, the vasy majority still too poor to pay to watch a test rather than an ODI but the country was glued to it, just once look at the England Facebook page and you can feel the love from the people for us going to the effort ot make the journey over there so they can watch us.

Hopefully one day we'll be able to go to Pakistan as well and entertain the public there as well again, I imagine you don't appreciate it until it's gone.

Hameed to start tomorrow, huge call for a 19 year old in his first match, hope it doesn't destroy him and hope we show some patience with him. Give him the whole ten innings unless the first few are a total disaster.

Imagine we'll go with three spinners, Batty, Ali and then Rashid or Ansari, I'd be going with the latter.

Very decent performance for the day. Well done to Root and Ali. Looks like we might need another 100 at least on this pitch but then again we won't be batting last on it.

Hearing Hameed looked decent but no surprise he's not gone on.

Just seen the Root dismissal and he's very unlucky there, Yadav never had full control of that.

Cracking first day. India showing how reliant they are on Ashwin. Brilliant, positive hundred from Root helped in no small part by Mo who has responded really well to being given more responsibility in the batting order - I love watching him bat he's so pleasing on the eye. 

Terrific day, great to see Root get off to a great start and hopefully Mo can go on as well.

We are going to need to score 550 to win matches out here.

Fabulous knocks by Root and Moeen that should give us a good platform to turn the screw. Would be great to get a win in the first Test and silence some of the doubters.

Sadly, I think the umpires got it right with the Root dismissal.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:38, MattP said:
1 hour ago, MattP said:

Terrific day, great to see Root get off to a great start and hopefully Mo can go on as well.

We are going to need to score 550 to win matches out here.

Good day but it's taking that next step and getting 500+ that concerns me  We have often got into good positions then collapsed.  Hope we can push on and make a statement.

I know test cricket isn't particularly popular in India but was there anyone there today? 

Again middle order doing the job, Root is exceptional and good to see Ali show some application and look long term, always usually hits a classy 20. 

Need a big score ore to give us a chance but can't see us taking 20 wickets. 

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know test cricket isn't particularly popular in India but was there anyone there today? 

Again middle order doing the job, Root is exceptional and good to see Ali show some application and look long term, always usually hits a classy 20. 

Need a big score ore to give us a chance but can't see us taking 20 wickets. 

The reason for the crowd being so low is that the Bank of india declared all existing Indian rupee notes as void and they have to be swapped in the coming days.

Thats the extra info you get from Test Match Special rather than Sky!

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Loving the cricket today , Indian lad i know has a monkey that England lose every game 

What a complete bell end, even if we play our shittest at some Root and Cook would enough runs to get us at least a draw.

First team to score over 300 in India as the visitors for over three years, showing that 500+ is some effort.

The spinners best not fcuk up the victory from here.

Draw likely but we still have a chance after those late wickets.

Our spinners though are so bad they might not even be able to bowl a side out in a day on a pitch turning sideways.

Australia lol

I know there's not much mileage in it because we're not the best at the moment and the tables will turn again as they have many times before, and the Saffers are shit hot right now, but this is fvcking hilarious. Got in just after 12 and whacked BT Sport on and this has been such an enjoyable watch. Absolute shambles.

Archived