Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

Tried Acqua di Parma fragrances some time back and they are all I wear now. It's all oil based so the fragrance lasts longer and each wears down really nicely. Additionally the fragrances are actually different to most of the more recognised brands out there. I swear so many fragrances are so so similar. Sandalwood and a couple of other bits thrown in. Acqua di Parma probably not to all tastes but out of the whole range, I love about 80% of them. Their signature scent is my least favourite, but the ones from various regions of Italy are all superb.

There is another brand I forget but the scent is West Indian limes. Very different. Always gets comments, some very positive, some not so much. I think it wears down wonderfully but it doesn't have that saccharine edge to it which much of the population now seemingly demands.

Acqua Di Parma stuff is top notch, Iv had 3 bottles of the Colonia intensa and I will never get bored of it. Really starting the like the Oud one that I hated when I bought now as well.

There is one that smells just like cream soda but I can't remember what it is called, it's one of the blu mediterraneo unisex range. I know I love it so I need to find out which one it is.

Recon it might be Ginepro Di Sardinia or something like that, only one of the blue ones I can remember and it is very sweet smelling.

• 1 month later...

I went through a pretty serious collecting stage a few years ago and now have about 40 bottles! The whole process of researching, discovering, purchasing and using fragrances for different times of day, season and type of event is quite enjoyable!

My favourites:

Prada Luna Rossa & Luna Rossa Sport

Prada Amber Pour Homme

Chanel Homme

Bleu de Chanel

Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

Dior Homme Intense

YSL La Nuit

Creed Aventus

Creed Millisme Imperial

I stick with designer scents. While niche perfumed are interesting to smell I find most not to versatile enough to actually wear often. There are exceptions e.g Creed, Tom Ford, Acqa Di Parma etc

I've also found a few gems from watching YouTube reviews and finding perfumes which are not sold in England. You have to weigh up from the notes and descriptions whether you think you may like it as ultimately you're taking a punt by ordering without trying it first. Allbeauty is a good website from getting perfumes you can't find on the high street.

An important bit of advice if you're going to start collecting. Store them in the original boxes or in a draw / cupboard not exposed to sunlight. Absolutely do not keep perfumes in the bathroom as the steam from showering etc gets in through the atomiser and oxidises the perfume. It's also at inconsistent temperature.

Edited by AS7

Absolutely do not keep perfumes in the bathroom as the steam from showering etc gets in through the atomiser and oxidises the perfume. It's also at inconsistent temperature.

Wise words AS7 ...    I shall put all my perfumes in a cardboard box, store them under my bed and sleep easy tonight.     :thumbup:

I went through a pretty serious collecting stage a few years ago and now have about 40 bottles! The whole process of researching, discovering, purchasing and using fragrances for different times of day, season and type of event is quite enjoyable!

My favourites:

Prada Luna Rossa & Luna Rossa Sport

Prada Amber Pour Homme

Chanel Homme

Bleu de Chanel

Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

Dior Homme Intense

YSL La Nuit

Creed Aventus

Creed Millisme Imperial

I stick with designer scents. While niche perfumed are interesting to smell I find most not to versatile enough to actually wear often. There are exceptions e.g Creed, Tom Ford, Acqa Di Parma etc

I've also found a few gems from watching YouTube reviews and finding perfumes which are not sold in England. You have to weigh up from the notes and descriptions whether you think you may like it as ultimately you're taking a punt by ordering without trying it first. Allbeauty is a good website from getting perfumes you can't find on the high street.

An important bit of advice if you're going to start collecting. Store them in the original boxes or in a draw / cupboard not exposed to sunlight. Absolutely do not keep perfumes in the bathroom as the steam from showering etc gets in through the atomiser and oxidises the perfume. It's also at inconsistent temperature.

Your second post in 4 years and you dig up an old thread about perfume?

Your second post in 4 years and you dig up an old thread about perfume?

It was only on the second page...

I often browse but don't post much as I'm always on iPad in the evening and find it a choir to type on this thing!

• 4 weeks later...

So, the other day I got a decent deal on Aventus from John Lewis but it's a big bottle with no sprayer so I look on Creeds website and see if you can buy one...

Turns out whoever is in charge of the website accidentally moved the decimal point twice to the left and Iv just bought about £2500s worth of stuff for about £50 lol. The whole website is now sold out and I fully expect them to cancel my order but it's been good while it lasted.

Edited by Costock_Fox

Great shout Costock, I've ordered £780 worth for £8 lol

It said sold out but it let me add it to my basket and check out and pay.

Let's see what happens.

hahahaha mate, iv been on about 5 times. Even had the cheek to try and add a free sample but i only spent £3.15 and didnt qualify :(lol!

www.creedfragrances.co.uk

Some of them are horrible but others are incredible so good luck. That said, for £3 its worth the gamble lol

Site can't be reached. Perhaps it's crashed with everyone wanting a bargain lol