Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sly1

BT Sport -FA Cup Colchester v LCFC / Spurs

Man I really hope we win Tottenham.

So do I because Colchester is very very winnable too and then we'd find ourselves in the 5th round with a decent chance of going further. FA Cup needs to be made a priority, especially with the way we've been playing this season. I'd rather win the FA Cup than be in the Champions League.

So do I because Colchester is very very winnable too and then we'd find ourselves in the 5th round with a decent chance of going further. FA Cup needs to be made a priority, especially with the way we've been playing this season. I'd rather win the FA Cup than be in the Champions League.

:blink:

:blink:

What's wrong with that?

FA Cup would go down in our history, be a wonderful day, instead of being the whipping boys of a European competition. It's not all about money. Football (or any Sport) is about winning trophies at the end of the day.

I'd rather the FA Cup winners did actually go into the 'Champions' League to be fair.

Yeah I do agree with that too. Would probably make clubs take it serious again (granted Arsenal have won it for the last two seasons).

Same here actually

What's wrong with that?

FA Cup would go down in our history, be a wonderful day, instead of being the whipping boys of a European competition. It's not all about money. Football (or any Sport) is about winning trophies at the end of the day.

Can you explain that one to me, I've seen a few people say it. Why would we be whipping boys?

I'd rather both the league and cup has equal priority to be honest. Our squads good enough to go the distance in both (barring catastrophic liverpool or arsenal style injuries)

Can you explain that one to me, I've seen a few people say it. Why would we be whipping boys?

I'd rather both the league and cup has equal priority to be honest. Our squads good enough to go the distance in both (barring catastrophic liverpool or arsenal style injuries)

Ok it was a slight exaggeration to get my point across but take Arsenal for example. They finished 4th and were in a group with Munich, Olympiacos and Dinamo Zagreb...

I didn't realise Arsenal were given a last 16 game with Barcelona for finishing fourth in their group.

So funny that I don't know how you thought it up but I didn't say that.

The league is absolute priority and I'd rather get Champions League than win the FA Cup because it makes us more attractive to players in the summer and increases the stature of the club.

I'd love us to beat Spurs though as only Colchester stand in our way for the last 16. There are a minimum five guaranteed non PL sides in the final 16 so we would have a good chance of getting to the QF's without facing another PL side.

Ok it was a slight exaggeration to get my point across but take Arsenal for example. They finished 4th and were in a group with Munich, Olympiacos and Dinamo Zagreb...

I'd be happy with that group for Leicester.

Surely we'd only be second best to Munich in that group?

We'd absolutely go in as bottom seeds, 3rd at best. I'd still fancy us to pick up a result against anyone outside of Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve and PSG. Look at what BATE nearly achieved, Gent finished second in a group of Zenit, Valencia and Lyon.

Completely agree. CL can fcuk off given the choice of a FA Cup win

I honestly cant see why we cant do both, we have the least amount of games out of the top 4 teams with spurs, city and Arsenal all being in Europe. We have the fittest players in the league and as proved on Sunday a good 'Cup Team' If we get a bit of luck with the draw there is no reason why we couldn't qualify for Europe and win the FA cup.

At the start of the season, I'd say F.A. Cup without a shadow of a doubt.

But this is too good of an opportunity to miss. Getting in the Champions League greatly improves our chance of winning the F.A. Cup in the future.

Archived