Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

So from all the Anger and 'something must be done' attitude of this thread....

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/104178-arsenal-away-joke/

To the complete acceptance of the situation and a point where those planning to actually do something are criticised in this one.

It's incredible really. 

It's the nature of the proposed protest that's being criticised.

Lots of fans on this thread have suggested more effective ways to protest. They seem to have all been ignored.

I just don't understand who this 'protest' is affecting. Take some banners, sing some anti sky chants but staying in the concourse? What does it achieve?

Gives some fella up in SK1 a great story for the lads down "the running fox"

"Have I told you about the day we gave sky a kicking"

Joke lol

To the complete acceptance of the situation and a point where those planning to actually do something are criticised in this one.

It's incredible really. 

It's not acceptance as such, but I personally don't think that a 5 minutes protest is going to make any difference.

The only way to stop things like this is cutting it off at the source.  Do you really think that millions of people are going to cancel their sky subscription?

The premier league needs to make a rule to prevent this happening again, they need to come to an agreement with sky that they can't  change matches with such short notice, but with the amount of money coming in from sky it's clear to see who has the upper hand and who is really in charge.

People around the world will see an empty away end for 5 minutes and then suddenly it'll all fill up.  If that was any other team, I'd still understand the upset it all caused as a common fan, but then I'd think to myself "but they all still turned up, what's the problem!?" and that's what all the big wigs will see. 

You still went to the game, you still bought your ticket and you still pay you sky subscriptions.

I hate the situation as much as the next man, but I just don't see what this 5 minutes protest will do in terms of anything good.  At such a crucial part of the season, the biggest game of the season, my inner common fan would get the better of me and I'd be in my seat 5 minutes before kick off to scream at my loudest in support of my team, right when they need us most 

I just don't understand who this 'protest' is affecting. Take some banners, sing some anti sky chants but staying in the concourse? What does it achieve?

The idea is to leave seats empty to make the point that treating fans like shit will mean empty seats and therefore a lack of product for them to show as football without fans is nothing.

The idea is to leave seats empty to make the point that treating fans like shit will mean empty seats and therefore a lack of product for them to show as football without fans is nothing.

To then fill the seats up after 5 minutes showing that no matter what fans will always buy tickets, always show up and always pay the price.

It's incredible really.

Yes it's incredible that ANY Fan would contemplate anything that MAY disrupt the phenomenal thing our great team are trying to achieve!

OK but it won't mean empty seats. You're still going to the game aren't you? The stadium tomorrow will be full.

The 5,000 fans who got tickets are the lucky few. I doubt that anybody other that STHs even got the chance to get a ticket did they?

It just shows that everyone who moaned they were inconvenienced by the change have still turned up, they're just sulking in the concourses for five minutes, then the game starts having no support rattles the players. We go one nil down in five minutes ,end up not winning the title. All because of a half arsed way of apparantly sticking it to the man.

To then fill the seats up after 5 minutes showing that no matter what fans will always buy tickets, always show up and always pay the price.

This isn't a ticket price protest. The price for this game was fair and the game was sold out before Sky made this change. That's one of the biggest issues.

This is all about raising awareness that fans are continuing to be mugged off in different ways. Liverpool did their bit last week, us hopefully this week, maybe Villa next?

The publicity for the cause the protest has created is as important in my view. This issues of both ticket pricing and kick-off times are being discussed in local and national media almost daily now. If people were shrugging their shoulders and getting on with things, accepting their lot, they wouldn't be.

It just shows that everyone who moaned they were inconvenienced by the change have still turned up, they're just sulking in the concourses for five minutes, then the game starts having no support rattles the players. We go one nil down in five minutes ,end up not winning the title. All because of a half arsed way of apparantly sticking it to the man.

Sorry didn't realise that the title was decided on Sunday. How selfish of everyone trying to make a stand for future generations.

EDIT: I'm done. Good luck to everyone on Sunday.

This isn't a ticket price protest. The price for this game was fair and the game was sold out before Sky made this change. That's one of the biggest issues.

This is all about raising awareness that fans are continuing to be mugged off in different ways. Liverpool did their bit last week, us hopefully this week, maybe Villa next?

I'm not talking about ticket price.

I'm saying that no matter what, fans will always follow. It doesn't matter that a game has been changed making it difficult for fans to attend, or mugging off those that have arranged travel.  You will still turn up.  Having no fans there would make a statement.  Having fans there who miss the first 5 minutes doesn't

This "protest" will bring no good at all.  It won't make a difference.

Sure I'll get shot down for this but I know plenty will agree too but our away support this season has been the worst since the season we went down to League One. Watching the Man City game back was incredible - so many shots of our fans where it looked like only 25% of people were singing. When we were 1/2/3 up against Man City?! Just baffling.

I agree.

I could count on one hand the amount of times we've actually had a decent away end since returning to the Premiership.

Unfortunately this is how it's going to be for a while now we are doing well. The amount of people that I know who have never supported Leicester before but are managing to get away tickets is incredible.

Sorry didn't realise that the title was decided on Sunday. How selfish of everyone trying to make a stand for future generations.

It's a worst case scenario, the players need the fans now more than ever. You make it sound like you're all being Ghandi or Mandela, get a grip and get behind the lads for 90 minutes, not standing in the concourses sulking.

:D :D

A stand against having your nice weekend in London mildly inconvenienced...?

I'm sure they'll built a statue of you mate. :)

I can see honestly this getting ugly. Gonna be like the Miners Strikes all over again with people getting abused for not taking part. Anyone that thinks it won't happen is a little bit in denial.

You're just making things up now. You've decided you don't like the protestors so now you're going to pretend they're abusive people.

Try and be respectful, Larry, I'm not asking much.

When Bayern did it everyone loved it. When Dortmund did it last night everyone loved it. But an English side trying to do it? Nah that's embarrassing mate.

This post sums up just how pointless it is. Doing it because 'everyone' loves it. Rather just support my team for 90 minutes in our best ever season personally

I think people are over-doing the impact on both sides here, people going in 5 minutes late will barely be noticed (unless it was a whole away end) A big amount of people leaving their seats mid-half may make more of an impression.

And people coming in 5 minutes late is not going to make an impact on the team, there was plenty of latecomers on Saturday.

The conflict this is causing is pathetic.

Goes both ways mate, I can see more hostility coming from people not doing it aimed at the people who are. Guess we'll see. 

I said this very early on in the thread and I agree with Bay about the potential for trouble. I've seen it kick off a couple of times myself, one because someone was chanting a "Forest chant" this while we were dominating Newcastle in November.

I'm glad many will respect the those who choose not to take part. I will be in my seat, I personally couldn't bare missing the first five minutes, but I applaud those taking the stance, and for doing it in an organised and respectful fashion.

That being said I am expecting, like you say, trouble from both sides. The snarky lot who think they're superior for staying in the stands, and one or two who people as part of the cohort might try and have a go at those who stayed. I'm also expecting something from people in the stands who might have their view momentarily blocked by a large number of people coming up. Some can get really precious about that. My main hope is that this doesn't turn into a slanging match during the game, especially if we are behind. Can't see there being any trouble if it's like last Saturday though.

(As an aside, I was right in amongst a great lot on the lower tier at Man City. Loved the atmosphere where I was.)

Archived