Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I bet none of those that are going to protest stop their sky subscriptions.

Absolutely pointless protest. Back the boys from the start. Laughably its ok we can watch it in the concourse on sky tv......lol.....

Hypocrites.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal safety stewards will allow large numbers of people to stay in the concourse let alone block entrances to prevent persons taking up their seats we will see.[/quote)

They served no beer to Munich fans , turned off TV's and had a heavy police presence !

I suspect we will get the same treatment Sunday ! No beer or TV and cops all over us !

My rum will get warm in my pocket lol

Just wanted a source for the part about people blocking the entrances.

I see no mention of that anywhere.

The gang ways have to be kept clear and if they turn the TV's off like they did to Bayern Munich fans then we could see issues around the entrance areas

I hope not , and the numbers might not be massive protesting

It's called health and safety and I think you will find it's part of the ground rules. You can virtually get ejected arrested for anything under the ground rules every affiliated football club has them.

Well I imagine the fact that Union FS have been working with Arsenal stadium management might help that.

Obviously no one has left the first half to go for a piss/pie 5 mins early or left the game before the final whistle as our lads deserve every ounce of support yes?

I must have been dreaming of thousands of empty blue seats all around the ground at 85 mins when we beat Stoke.

Fed up of people burying their head in the sand. The only reason people don't want to take part is that they want to watch the match. I personally would consider it slightly selfish but fair enough... As Union FS have said everyone is entitled to their own choice, move on and let others make their own mind up.

I can see honestly this getting ugly. Gonna be like the Miners Strikes all over again with people getting abused for not taking part. Anyone that thinks it won't happen is a little bit in denial.

Totally agree with you ! I'll be in my seat at 11.30 I'm going with a 60yo grand father I don't want an old man being abused !

I can see honestly this getting ugly. Gonna be like the Miners Strikes all over again with people getting abused for not taking part. Anyone that thinks it won't happen is a little bit in denial.

I honestly think the people taking part will get more stick. 

I honestly think the people taking part will get more stick.

Either way, I just hope people are grown up enough. Biggest game of the season and the lads need our support. Last thing we need is skirmishes between our own fans.

I bet none of those that are going to protest stop their sky subscriptions.

Absolutely pointless protest. Back the boys from the start. Laughably its ok we can watch it in the concourse on sky tv......lol.....

Hypocrites.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal safety stewards will allow large numbers of people to stay in the concourse let alone block entrances to prevent persons taking up their seats we will see.[/quote)

They served no beer to Munich fans , turned off TV's and had a heavy police presence !

I suspect we will get the same treatment Sunday ! No beer or TV and cops all over us !

My rum will get warm in my pocket lol

Having been to Arsenal twice with Dortmund in the CL, I can confirm that they never serve away fans alcohol in the CL.

ame="dropofclaridge" post="3752451" timestamp="1455098321"]

Having been to Arsenal twice with Dortmund in the CL, I can confirm that they never serve away fans alcohol in the CL.

Ahh ok didn't know that

I wasn once with Munich and they had TV off no beer

OK but why do you think that Sky owe you anything?

Why shouldn't they change the date of key games to make them available to a global audience??

It's nothing to do with a global audience, the rest of the world can watch all 3pm Saturday afternoon kick offs.

Sky owe supporters everything, without supporters they don't have a product.

A team like Leicester challenging for the title is a rare event. If we count Ipswich in 61 and Forest in 78 as the only time rank outsiders have won it. If we win it, that means that it will be only the third time in at least 55 years that a rank outsider has won it. That makes it a one in 18 years event that a team like Ipswich, Forest or Leicester could win the league. Pretty rare.

Now then. If you then realise that there are around 30 teams of a similar size to us. The fact that this is happening to our team, our Foxes, becomes incredibly rare.

The chances of this happening to Leicester City this season are therefore 18 years x 30 or so. That’s 540 years folks. On average we would need to wait another half a millennia for another season like this.

That’s how rare and precious this season is. The game against Arsenal could be THE ONE.

Imagine that we win 1-0, and the winning goal is scored in the 3rd minute  right in front of the away fans. Another Vardy screamer.

Are you really prepared to be able to say to your grandchildren “I was there that day we beat Arsenal and effectively won the League… well, actually I was in the concourse protesting against something. So I missed the goal.”

It's up to you, and if you can afford to wait another  500 years for another season like this then good luck to ‘ya!

If not, SUPPORT THE TEAM.

This is getting fkn ridiculous now with pathetic talk of one party or other bullying or causing problems for the other!

Enough now, fan against fan going into our biggest game in our history which could tip things massively in our favour to pull off the greatest sporting achievement in football history.

Instead a few want to say look at us on TV in a protest that will have, I am sorry to say, next to fck all impact.

In my opinion the only effect could possibly be Leicester fan against Leicestet fan and our great players distracted!

This is getting fkn stupid out of hand and I'm ashamed and disgusted it's coming to this, fan against fan, fkn ridiculous.You can get your Union FS and whatever look at us actions you want to take and stick em. I'm infuriated by this and really sad at a time when we should all be pulling together and supporting our TITLE CHALLENGING TEAM.

So you suffragette wannabes please think long and hard.

Before I end my rant I do understand the reasoning but not now FFS NOT NOW!

Agree with the comments about wrong time wrong place.

If you feel really that passionate about screwing Sky/Murdoch over cancel your Sky subscription/ dont buy The Sun/The Times etc 

Sky are not going to give two shits about our protest. 

Support our title challenging team and chant your frustration instead, Sky cant turn the volume down that low

Pathetic threats sum up the mentality of some our so called fans 

A team like Leicester challenging for the title is a rare event. If we count Ipswich in 61 and Forest in 78 as the only time rank outsiders have won it. If we win it, that means that it will be only the third time in at least 55 years that a rank outsider has won it. That makes it a one in 18 years event that a team like Ipswich, Forest or Leicester could win the league. Pretty rare.

Now then. If you then realise that there are around 30 teams of a similar size to us. The fact that this is happening to our team, our Foxes, becomes incredibly rare.

The chances of this happening to Leicester City this season are therefore 18 years x 30 or so. That’s 540 years folks. On average we would need to wait another half a millennia for another season like this.

That’s how rare and precious this season is. The game against Arsenal could be THE ONE.

Imagine that we win 1-0, and the winning goal is scored in the 3rd minute right in front of the away fans. Another Vardy screamer.

Are you really prepared to be able to say to your grandchildren “I was there that day we beat Arsenal and effectively won the League… well, actually I was in the concourse protesting against something. So I missed the goal.”

It's up to you, and if you can afford to wait another 500 years for another season like this then good luck to ‘ya!

If not, SUPPORT THE TEAM.

You're speaking as though those in the concourse won't be able to enjoy the goal themselves. You really think they won't be aware and celebrate accordingly if we go 1 up?

I would be happy to tell my grandchildren I stuck up for values I believed in and still enjoyed a title win even if I missed one goal at the start of February. I'd encourage them to do the same if they can still afford to go to games by then (probably unlikely given pathetic I'm-alright-Jack attitude of English fans in general).

It's nothing to do with a global audience, the rest of the world can watch all 3pm Saturday afternoon kick offs.

Sky owe supporters everything, without supporters they don't have a product.

This is a total over-reaction. They're not preventing supporters from going to the game. They've changed the day of the game giving fans three weeks notice.

Sky owe you absolutely nothing. Your protest should be against the Premier League who have sold the 'product' to Sky.  Arsenal have agreed to this sale, as have our owners.

In effect, you're protesting against the people who have put us top of the table.

There's a time and a place for a protest, and for what is arguably the biggest game in our history, when the players need us most I'm not sure fannying around in the concourses is the best thing to do. It'll take at least 10-15 minutes for everyone to actually get to their seats. So potentially 20 minutes with no support, how will the players react to that?

There's a time and a place for a protest, and for what is arguably the biggest game in our history, when the players need us most I'm not sure fannying around in the concourses is the best thing to do. It'll take at least 10-15 minutes for everyone to actually get to their seats. So potentially 20 minutes with no support, how will the players react to that?

Whatever the Liverpool players say that last 15 minutes against Sunderland impacted them hugely

You're speaking as though those in the concourse won't be able to enjoy the goal themselves. You really think they won't be aware and celebrate accordingly if we go 1 up?

I would be happy to tell my grandchildren I stuck up for values I believed in and still enjoyed a title win even if I missed one goal at the start of February. I'd encourage them to do the same if they can still afford to go to games by then (probably unlikely given pathetic I'm-alright-Jack attitude of English fans in general).

OK but the 'value' you're sticking up for is that fans should get more three weeks notice if Sky want to change the date of a game.

I think future ages would probably prefer it if you protested against global warming or the conditions in refugee camps, rather than about the inconvenience you suffered when the date of a football match was changed.

I get the upset that moving the fixture has caused, I understand the anger its caused, I get that we feel the need to make a stand against it, to protest, to send a message.

But this all seems a bit "cut your nose off to spite your face"

I'm sorry, but it does.  

Whatever the Liverpool players say that last 15 minutes against Sunderland impacted them hugely

Totally different scenario.

Did the 18 mins Dortmund fans missed against Stuttgart affect them hugely? 1-0 up then conceded 5 mins after their return?

This is a fraction of supporters coming IN late. The players will be so focused on Sunday they won't care.

Sure I'll get shot down for this but I know plenty will agree too but our away support this season has been the worst since the season we went down to League One. Watching the Man City game back was incredible - so many shots of our fans where it looked like only 25% of people were singing. When we were 1/2/3 up against Man City?! Just baffling.

Archived