Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Season Ticket Renewal

We have people on here expecting a reduction based on the current season, you may have noticed we ain't 17th.......in any walk of life you expect to pay for quality....why would you devalue excellence?

I think premier league wide, teams should be looking at cutting the prices, as with the TV money next year, a rise cannot be justified by any club, a freeze is just acceptable, and a cut would show clubs still care about the fans

from the ts and cs from this time last year:

3. The Direct Debit Scheme operates on a recurring basis. Instalments will be automatically taken for a Season Ticket each season. Supporters who do not wish to retain their Season Ticket for the 2016/17 season via the Direct Debit Scheme must inform Leicester City Football Club before 1 March 2016.

We raised this point at the last FCC meeting, as we don't believe this should be enforced until ST prices are known.

In terms of delaying the ST price announcement, clubs like Spurs for example have included a couple of European Cup games within their season ticket prices, so we believe the club are looking at what other clubs have done in regards to Europe, but based on the  "one game at a time mantra" are not going to state this.

I absolutely know I'm going to get shot down for this, and before anyone asks, no I don't work for the club, but it's my honest opinion.

It seems there is one main opinion on prices for ST's next season, and that is that because the club have a lot more money coming in, and therefore don't need to raise ST prices, they shouldn't.

Also, even though the club currently have a lot higher level of player, (which in some cases they have shelled out a lot more money for), and therefore providing a lot higher standard of football for us supporters to watch, this is not seen as any sort of valid reason for a price increase. In fact, most supporters would like to see a price cut.

Well let me offer a bit of perspective:

Let's assume the club does take that opinion, and gives a price cut for next season, all supporters will be happy I would naturally assume. Then let's say that due to European commitments (additional midweek matches), the possible loss of some star players (say Mahrez to Barca, and Kante to someone like PSG for example), and new signings not settling in next season, we do the unthinkable and get relegated.

I know this sounds far fetched right now, but in this situation, we'd then for the following season see a huge loss in revenue, a huge loss again in quality of player (the usual relegation exodus), and with respect, a lot lower standard of opposition to watch.

Based on the above, the same supporters I assume would be happy then to pay MORE for their season tickets would they? To help support the loss in revenue, even though the quality of football in all area's is worse??? The club could argue that they need to raise prices to cover the losses??

I know everyone would like prices to fall, and that goes for everything in life, but in my opinion, and based on the arguments the supporters are trying to make, next season is probably a season where price rises would actually be justified, even though the club don't have to, and if they do decide to even just freeze prices, I personally think that the supporters should be massively grateful.

(Oh and yes, I am a season ticket holder, I would be willing to pay more to (hopefully) see the great standard of football to continue next season, and I would expect a price drop if we were relegated, because that is the much more realistic way pricing should be decided)

I absolutely know I'm going to get shot down for this, and before anyone asks, no I don't work for the club, but it's my honest opinion.

It seems there is one main opinion on prices for ST's next season, and that is that because the club have a lot more money coming in, and therefore don't need to raise ST prices, they shouldn't.

Also, even though the club currently have a lot higher level of player, (which in some cases they have shelled out a lot more money for), and therefore providing a lot higher standard of football for us supporters to watch, this is not seen as any sort of valid reason for a price increase. In fact, most supporters would like to see a price cut.

Let's assume the club does take that opinion, and gives a price cut for next season, all supporters will be happy I would naturally assume. Then let's say that due to European commitments (additional midweek matches), the possible loss of some star players (say Mahrez to Barca, and Kante to someone like PSG for example), and new signings not settling in next season, we do the unthinkable and get relegated.

I know this sounds far fetched right now, but in this situation, we'd then for the following season see a huge loss in revenue, a huge loss again in quality of player (the usual relegation exodus), and with respect, a lot lower standard of opposition to watch.

Based on the above, the same supporters I assume would be happy then to pay MORE for their season tickets would they? To help support the loss in revenue, even though the quality of football in all area's is worse??? The club could argue that they need to raise prices to cover the losses??

I know everyone would like prices to fall, and that goes for everything in life, but in my opinion, and based on the arguments the supporters are trying to make, next season is probably a season where price rises would actually be justified, even though the club don't have to, and if they do decide to even just freeze prices, I personally think that the supporters should be massively grateful.

(Oh and yes, I am a season ticket holder, I would be willing to pay more to (hopefully) see the great standard of football to continue next season, and I would expect a price drop if we were relegated, because that is the much more realistic way pricing should be decided)

The point people are trying to make is, it doesn't really make a difference to the club if the ticket prices go up or down

The rest of what you have posted is worse case scenario and I'm sure the club have compensated for that just like they would have done last season, nobody was asking for season ticket prices to go up last season when we got promoted

the latest financial records available show a 27% increase in average attendance last season compared to the season before in the championship but that only attributed to 5% of turnover

The percentage of turn over attributed to ticket sales will be even lower for this season as a lot more turnover will have been generated so it could be as low as 2.5% of turnover

The point people are trying to make is, it doesn't really make a difference to the club if the ticket prices go up or down

the latest financial records available show a 27% increase in average attendance last season compared to the season before in the championship but that only attributed to 5% of turnover

The percentage of turn over attributed to ticket sales will be even lower for this season as a lot more turnover will have been generated so it could be as low as 2.5% of turnover

May even be less than 2.5%

Wonder if now that European football is gauranteed the club will announce the new prices and possibly an inclusion of European home games?

Are we not currently only guaranteed fourth spot, which would mean a play off for us? Until we're group stage nailed on, then they won't do anything.

I would expect the club to plan for the possibility of relegation and for all contracts to include a clause that takes wages down to a reasonable level. The club will also receive a huge amount in parachute payments if they go to, to cover such an eventuality. Even ignoring those things, it's quite possible any debts built up will just be on the clubs bottom line, meaning we carry that debt around.

Lets put it this way, if we scraped by this season again, would you have been happy with an increase? If you were losing most weeks, hanging around 17th and surviving by the skin of your teeth (something that could possibly happen to us at some point), would you be happy with an increase?

You cannot have rises and falls in prices dependent on where you finish an individual season.

Are we not currently only guaranteed fourth spot, which would mean a play off for us? Until we're group stage nailed on, then they won't do anything.

Well they need to get a move on, the next DD is being taken at the and of this month and they have to give us enough notice of any price increase surely?

Let's say we slip, finish 4 and loose the qualifier, am I right in saying we still go into Europa league? 

Well they need to get a move on, the next DD is being taken at the and of this month and they have to give us enough notice of any price increase surely?

Let's say we slip, finish 4 and loose the qualifier, am I right in saying we still go into Europa league?

Won't we need to lose 4 of our 5 remaining games whilst City win all of their games for us to finish 4th?

Wonder if now that European football is gauranteed the club will announce the new prices and possibly an inclusion of European home games?

Fully expect an opt in or opt out of all home cup matches option. That way, people are guaranteed champions league tickets without the staffing/resourcing issues and the FA/Capitol 1 cup will technically sell out.

Fully expect an opt in or opt out of all home cup matches option. That way, people are guaranteed champions league tickets without the staffing/resourcing issues and the FA/Capitol 1 cup will technically sell out.

That would be a smart and sensible move on the clubs part, and i'd appreciate avoiding the hassle of buying individual tickets for CL games.

Cannot believe i've just written that!!!

According to the coach stewards yesterday UEFA won't allow that being a different completion to the premier league.

According to the coach stewards yesterday UEFA won't allow that being a different completion to the premier league.

Totally NOT true , I know this because my Arsenal mates have it included in their packages and many clubs include it

"Platinum Membership Arsenal

Your ticket includes access to the following home matches:

•Premier League

•UEFA Champions League

•Capital One Cup

•The FA Cup"

Totally NOT true , I know this because my Arsenal mates have it included in their packages and many clubs include it

"Platinum Membership Arsenal

Your ticket includes access to the following home matches:

•Premier League

•UEFA Champions League

•Capital One Cup

•The FA Cup"

Don't shoot the messenger, I know about arsenals st too, it's been like that for years.

This came from a steward on a coach where one or two who work in the TO are as well. Just passing on.

Don't shoot the messenger, I know about arsenals st too, it's been like that for years.

This came from a steward on a coach where one or two who work in the TO are as well. Just passing on.

lol sorry buddy genuinely wasn't having a go at you , sorry

but I was a little pissed at the club pedling such stories

I'm getting very very suspicious of the delay in announcing renewal prices

We are confirmed in the champions league and still no notice given to us about renewal prices

I have a funny feeling a lot of people will be getting upset !

I hope I'm wrong

lol sorry buddy genuinely wasn't having a go at you , sorry

but I was a little pissed at the club pedling such stories

I'm getting very very suspicious of the delay in announcing renewal prices

We are confirmed in the champions league and still no notice given to us about renewal prices

I have a funny feeling a lot of people will be getting upset !

I hope I'm wrong

We are confirmed as a qualifier.

I'd guess until they know we are 3rd at least and therefore have 3 group games, there won't be any announcement on how next year will work.

We are confirmed as a qualifier.

I'd guess until they know we are 3rd at least and therefore have 3 group games, there won't be any announcement on how next year will work.

If that is the case then I wouldn't expect we'll be told until at least week commencing 25th April - having the DD go out on the 30th, doesn't leave long for people to cancel if they wanted to. 

If that is the case then I wouldn't expect we'll be told until at least week commencing 25th April - having the DD go out on the 30th, doesn't leave long for people to cancel if they wanted to. 

Cancel. Mad Fools.

Archived