Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't think it was worthy of a new thread but couldn't find a Pre Season 2016/Friendly thread so thought i'd post here.

We've got Nuneaton on Saturday July 23rd (12pm KO).

Seeing as we're playing Celtic on the same day i'd imagine it'll be the youth development squad going to Nuneaton, mind you they'd probably beat Celtic aswell so maybe not necessarily.

The Celtic game doesn't KO till 5.30pm so maybe we'll send youth development to Nuneaton then fly them up to Scotland to beat Celtic? lol

I think we should offer to fly Nuneaton up to Glasgow to take on Celtic and give our lads a rest. They are

about the same level of ability.

Presale tickets now on sale today:    https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=b30facf6-8faf-4d36-9285-053ef25b4552&skin=stubhub_center&preFill=1

So what section will the Leicester fans be in?

Anyone bought there ticket yet?   What section?

Cheers

Most people are going for General Admission it looks like. I'm going to be in 135.

While I see this as being good for the Club the problem I have is that we don't have a squad big enough or talented enough for all this extra football.

With half the squad being just back from their national squads I'm not sure there'll be much of the first team playing.

While I see this as being good for the Club the problem I have is that we don't have a squad big enough or talented enough for all this extra football.

So you don't think we will have brought in any new players by the end of July? Cmon don't be naive

Yeah, not sure how I misread that!!

For people getting tix to the game against PSG, where are you sitting? I'm torn between good seats and just GA...

Most seem to be going GA. I went for section 135. Wish they would have had a supporters section.

With half the squad being just back from their national squads I'm not sure there'll be much of the first team playing.

But only if all of our EURO 2016 participants make it to the final simultaneously.

I doubt that all other teams in the International Champions Cup can afford not fielding their strongest XI due to marketing reasons.

I do also believe there are contractual obligations for teams involved in the ICC that state that a team must field a certain amount of first-teamers per match.

Imagine Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or PSG showing up with their respective U-21's only.

Then imagine the media and fan backlash.

Archived