Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

Still pissed we've agreed to this given everything that's gone on with Stillitano.

On top of that I'm now also concerned about the fact that we're travelling to Stockholm via Glasgow and then L.A. within the space of 11 days; I presumed we'd be doing it all in the USA.  This will be a true test of our sports science team who I am very much inclined to give the benefit of the doubt given their track record.  Fingers crossed the whole thing doesn't leave us with a big old wedge chomped out of our collective arris.

Still pissed we've agreed to this given everything that's gone on with Stillitano.

On top of that I'm now also concerned about the fact that we're travelling to Copenhagen via Glasgow and then L.A. within the space of 11 days; I presumed we'd be doing it all in the USA.  This will be a true test of our sports science team who I am very much inclined to give the benefit of the doubt given their track record.  Fingers crossed the whole thing doesn't leave us with a big old wedge chomped out of our collective arris.

Got me worried there...

On top of that I'm now also concerned about the fact that we're travelling to Copenhagen via Glasgow and then L.A. within the space of 11 days; I presumed we'd be doing it all in the USA.  This will be a true test of our sports science team who I am very much inclined to give the benefit of the doubt given their track record.  Fingers crossed the whole thing doesn't leave us with a big old wedge chomped out of our collective arris.

Ffs typical reaction from some on here lol

We have waited years to get to this level and some are moaning about it? You have to laugh bring on the friendlies against Burton Albion, Grantham and Quorn ....quality......lol.

We have waited years to get to this level and some are moaning about it? You have to laugh bring on the friendlies against Burton Albion, Grantham and Quorn ....quality...... lol.

Doesn't mean we can't tell that cvnt to fvck off though does it? He still said what he said and hopefully there are a few choice chants and banners aimed at him.

Celtic should be a goer as long as it's not a Rangers rimfest with 90 minutes of GSTQ and Fvck the IRA from our end instead of Leicester songs...

Alot of our players will be at the euros during the barca game :(

So will a lot of theirs to be fair.

The problem is that none of them are Suarez, Messi or Neymar! lol

Got me worried there...

Oops.  Edited. :D

We have waited years to get to this level and some are moaning about it? You have to laugh bring on the friendlies against Burton Albion, Grantham and Quorn ....quality...... lol.

Just so we're clear, are you talking about the typical reaction of developing a strong dislike for a man who declared to the world that we don't deserve to be a Champions League team because unlike Man Utd we didn't invent football, or are you talking about the typical reaction of wanting to be sure that our pre-season arrangements don't have a detrimental effect on the players' fitness levels following recent low-key pre-seasons which have yielded great on-pitch results?

Either way I'm not sure why it's so funny.

Very tempted by Barcelona in Stockholm...

Just smacks of one of those things that we could look back on in 10 years' time and go: "Remember that time we won the league/got in the top four and played Barcelona in a pre-season friendly in Stockholm". Surreal.

My money and annual leave has already been earmarked for all of our European adventures next season. Last time we were in Europe I was 13 and it was for one game only. I thought I'd missed my chance and I appreciate how long it might be for things like this to come around again (friendly or not).

You just knew you'd get the same old dinosaurs thinking this is even remotely a bad thing.

Honestly it's like some people would prefer us to have a pre-season tournament against the likes of Preston North End and Blackpool.

You just knew you'd get the same old dinosaurs thinking this is even remotely a bad thing.

Honestly it's like some people would prefer us to have a pre-season tournament against the likes of Preston North End and Blackpool.

Just coz something is new or different doesn't mean it's progress.

And why does everyone suggest that if we don't do our summer friendlies in this 'competition' our only alternative is to play against 2nd and 3rd division teams?  There's loads of quality sides across Europe and the rest of the world. Think we could manage something more meaningful and entertaining than that.

Does anyone know anything about tickets for these games? Will the club also be selling some, or will there be Leicester fans scattered all over the ground?

Just sorted a hotel in Stockholm, get in the mood for the Champions League aways.

Just coz something is new or different doesn't mean it's progress.

And why does everyone suggest that if we don't do our summer friendlies in this 'competition' our only alternative is to play against 2nd and 3rd division teams?  There's loads of quality sides across Europe and the rest of the world. Think we could manage something more meaningful and entertaining than that.

You're not trying to tell me that playing Celtic, PSG and Barca in an illustrious pre-season friendly isn't a sign of progress are you?

You're not trying to tell me that playing Celtic, PSG and Barca in an illustrious pre-season friendly isn't a sign of progress are you?

You're not trying to tell me that the concern people have with the ICC is what teams we're playing?

Illustrious? lol Do you work for the ICC?   The clubs, maybe.  But definitely not the tournament itself.

On top of that I'm now also concerned about the fact that we're travelling to Stockholm via Glasgow and then L.A. within the space of 11 days; I presumed we'd be doing it all in the USA. This will be a true test of our sports science team who I am very much inclined to give the benefit of the doubt given their track record. Fingers crossed the whole thing doesn't leave us with a big old wedge chomped out of our collective arris.

I still reckon he's got a secret dastardly plan against us. Don't see why else he's gone from being critical of us in big tournaments to letting us join in his this summer. When he was reading out the club names in the press conference there felt like a change of mood when he got to us.

I've come around more to the idea. With the dates of the games, it's just a shame I don't think we'll play many other games in America and milk this success ££

Leicester will play Barcelona and Paris St-Germain in this summer's pre-season International Champions Cup.

_88896876_leicester_city3.jpg

The Premier League leaders will play Celtic in Glasgow on 23 July, PSG in Los Angeles on 30 July and Barcelona in Stockholm on 3 August.

The Foxes are among five Premier League clubs taking part in the pre-season tournament, based mainly in the United States.

Liverpool face Chelsea at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on 27 July.

The Reds will also play AC Milan in Santa Clara in California on 30 July and Barcelona on 6 August, at a venue to be announced.

Chelsea play Real Madrid on 30 July at a venue also not yet announced and then travel to Minneapolis to play AC Milan on 3 August.

The 10 teams in the main competition also include Bayern Munich, while Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur will play standalone matches in China and Australia, respectively.

Meanwhile, Manchester United will take part in an eight-day, two-game tour of China this summer, where they will play Manchester City in Beijing.

The Premier League season will start later this year - on Saturday 13 August.

International Champions Cup schedule

23 July - Celtic v Leicester, Glasgow

24 July - Inter v PSG, Eugene

27 July - Real Madrid v PSG, Columbus

27 July - Bayern Munich v AC Milan, Chicago

27 July - Chelsea v Liverpool, Pasadena

30 July - Celtic v Barcelona, Dublin

30 July - Inter v Bayern Munich, Charlotte

30 July - AC Milan v Liverpool, Santa Clara

30 July - PSG v Leicester, LA

3 August - Barcelona v Leicester, Stockholm

3 August - Bayern Munich v Real Madrid, East Rutherford

3 August - AC Milan v Chelsea, Minnapolis

TBC - Liverpool v Barcelona

TBC - Inter v Celtic

TBC - Real Madrid v Chelsea

Ill definitely be in LA with my daughter for the game.

How about we decide on a section to get our tickets in, rather than being scattered all over the place

This is a great idea. A nice pocket of Leicester supporters would be fantastic compared to just scattered everywhere.

Archived