Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fridgechef

International Champions Cup

I'll be there.

Def should all choose the same section though. When do tickets go on sale?

March 28th - I'm starting a topic in the Supporters Section later on (Mods approval pending) for LA attendees - we need a prematch bar, meetup site, and section

I will definitely be there in LA. It's a dilemma, what with Stillitano being a prize knobend, but living in Vancouver there's no way I can pass up an opportunity to see us play so close to home.

It's not really a dilemma, if I'm honest. I'm already buzzing.

If Stilitano hadn't opened his big gob, we wouldn't even be in this "tournament". I think it's stupid to arrange it when we're not confirmed as champions and it's going to look a bit ridiculous if we finish second. Looking at it like that kind of shows it up for what it is, a pr damage limitation exercise.

If this invitation had any merit or prestige at all to it, the draw should have been done as EPL champions tbc if it really needed to be drawn now and the invitation made when it was confirmed, to whichever team won it.

I'm now torn between hoping we win it to stick it to him, his attitude towards us, the big four and all the other elitist clubs around Europe and wanting us to take the piss by sending the kids while the first team are playing against a non-league team at the same time on the same days.

If Stilitano hadn't opened his big gob, we wouldn't even be in this "tournament". I think it's stupid to arrange it when we're not confirmed as champions and it's going to look a bit ridiculous if we finish second. Looking at it like that kind of shows it up for what it is, a pr damage limitation exercise.

If this invitation had any merit or prestige at all to it, the draw should have been done as EPL champions tbc if it really needed to be drawn now and the invitation made when it was confirmed, to whichever team won it.

I'm now torn between hoping we win it to stick it to him, his attitude towards us, the big four and all the other elitist clubs around Europe and wanting us to take the piss by sending the kids while the first team are playing against a non-league team at the same time on the same days.

Liverpool and Chelsea are in it and they are not champions

Citeh, yanited and Spurs have alternative arrangements. they had a space and decided our story has legs globally (which it clearly does). Fans around the world will be watching to see the next instalment as we play against European sides. No need to be embarrassed. We are champions league now!

You're not trying to tell me that the concern people have with the ICC is what teams we're playing?

Illustrious? lol Do you work for the ICC?   The clubs, maybe.  But definitely not the tournament itself.

A man has had to swallow his pride in inviting us to this tournament. He's not done it for a laugh, he's done it because we're a catch and he's realised that and I thought it was fairly obvious that I meant the clubs.

Honestly it's like some people want us to be successful without getting anything that comes with success.

Bayern Munich in my city! Very nice. 

...Need to know where the Celtic matchup is. 

Celtic match is in Glasgow.

Looking forward to seeing Leicester City play my team.

Really hope you manage to stay the course and win the league.

Well done for what you have achieved so far this season and hope to see you in the Group stages (once we qualify) in the CL next season, too.

In case you didnt realise

Celtic match in Glasgow

Barcelona match in Stockholm

PSG match in LA

£78 quid return with ryanair, stansted to stockholm, tuesday-friday. anyone got any hotel recommendations.

scrub that, doesn't show on ryanair site FFS

well confused shows on all flight search engines, but not actual site. Anyone know why?

I can't see getting tickets being a problem. The Friends Arena Stockholm holds 50,000. Would that really sell out for a pre-season friendly? I'd be surprised.

It will sell out for sure, people will turn up to Messi first, Barcelona second.

Imagine if it was Barcelona vs Nice at the KP, that would be a full house just to watch Messi & Barcelona.

Will Leicester be given an allocation for this or will we have to compete with the locals for tickets?

Also I can't work out the structure of this tournament. Is it the club with the best record after three games declared the winner or is there a SF's or final?

Liverpool and Chelsea are in it and they are not champions

Neither will be Real Madird, or Inter, or AC Milan. The latter two are having awful seasons and will more than likely be in the Europa league if anything next season.

Pretty safe to say it's not a tournament exclusively for Champions. It's for big names. And us, because some silly tw@t said something offensive about us and this is their way of saying sorry.

Still it'll be interesting, certainly more interesting than most pre season games, at least there is something to play for.

Will Leicester be given an allocation for this or will we have to compete with the locals for tickets?

Also I can't work out the structure of this tournament. Is it the club with the best record after three games declared the winner or is there a SF's or final?

This is what happened last summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_International_Champions_Cup

Archived