Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

LCFC Psychologist Says... (from The Times)

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I'm old enough and old fashioned enough to suspect that most psychotherapy and psychology is a load of expensive, pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo. But surely if something is in place and working well, why would you change it? If only on the time hounoured principle of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Maybe it was suggested over a quiet game of Polo by one of the Horses....

21 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

This is why you need to have an outlook on how you want the football club ran, with continuity whether the manager leaves or not. Whats the point in building something up over four years to then take it apart? Even worse when it was successful as it was. The same applies to style of football, you set this out from youth level to first team level, you bring in a manager to continue that philosophy. The only person who appears to have been doing a good job at youth level left with Pearson (Idiakez). So coupled with all the other staff that have upped sticks in the past 18 months clearly this isn't being done at our club, we got lucky that Ranieri announced his interest and helped provide last season, but the above applies to Ranieri, he doesn't go along with what was in place previously. In general we don't have a clue who to bring in and always end up with a manager with different ideas that requires different players to play a different style, and you end up with the mess we have now.

Bit like when Moyes went to Utd and got rid of people like Mike Phelan who was a big part of the success Utd achieved. It almost seemed like he thought the name Manchester Utd would just bring trophies regardless of who the backroom staff were. 

13 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Glad people are starting to see the owners really are clueless.

Explain @Abrasive fox how a man becomes a multi billionaire from humble beginnings  , rises to the top in two international sports winning the biggest trophy in national club football , wins multiple accolades , keeps favour with royal families globally if he is "clueless" 

with respect that's a laughable statement you made there lollol 

15 hours ago, NeilLCFC said:

Bit like when Moyes went to Utd and got rid of people like Mike Phelan who was a big part of the success Utd achieved. It almost seemed like he thought the name Manchester Utd would just bring trophies regardless of who the backroom staff were. 

An excellent, astute observation.

I remember my Sport Science teacher talking about psychology and he'd always reference Tiger Woods.  Whenever Woods would win a major or a series of them he'd suffer a dip in form temporarily (partly because he was shagging his way through the playboy mansion) but also because of two things - 1. he was trying to improve his swing to even better his game, which is based on very fine motor skills and takes time to improve on.  And 2. when you win so much or achieve the 'unexpected', mentally you lose focus.  The ambition to achieve something, which you may have worked so hard for, is lost when you finally realise it.  It's like "where do i go now / what do i do now / how do i better that?"

I think a combination of lack of focus within the players' minds, combined with a relaxed approach from Ranieri (in terms of instilling discipline) and an awful two transfer windows has unfortunately resulted in potentially throwing away the best opportunity this club has ever (and could ever) see.  I ****ing hope we turn this around and stay up.  

Pearson's group were all important and they knew that. This guy was in his group, yet Ranieri decides he doesn't want him. 

As well as dealing with the players, the guy would have given Pearson another view of the dressing room and the carachter in there. Just another view, which sometimes you need. 

Yes, Ranieri decided he wasn't needed, that the players don't need this option. 

They are only small things, but all the small things add to make that strong group up, and if anyone used him and benefitted from him, maybe it feels like a double loss when you need him and you can't use him as he's gone. 

Steve Howard's interview in the fox tells you more about Pearson's management. You wouldn't be playing, but he told you face to face, he left you knowing why and you didn't feel down. Ranieri swaps and changes and you don't know where you stand. It's at times like this the psychologist could have helped, and maybe he helped Pearson on how to talk to each player. 

Psycholgist a bigger loss than you think

8 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Explain @Abrasive fox how a man becomes a multi billionaire from humble beginnings  , rises to the top in two international sports winning the biggest trophy in national club football , wins multiple accolades , keeps favour with royal families globally if he is "clueless" 

with respect that's a laughable statement you made there lollol 

I'm not questioning their ability to run a duty free company in Thailand. As you may know business is very different in Asia and you can't simplify apply all they know there and take it over here.

I'm questioning their ability to run a football club, whilst employing one individual with previous experience at the top level.

The most laughable thing you've written there is risen to the 'top in two internationational sports' - Polo!? You literally need money to be at this sport. That's all you need.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'm not questioning their ability to run a duty free company in Thailand. As you may know business is very different in Asia and you can't simplify apply all they know there and take it over here.

I'm questioning their ability to run a football club, whilst employing one individual with previous experience at the top level.

The most laughable thing you've written there is risen to the 'top in two internationational sports' - Polo!? You literally need money to be at this sport. That's all you need.

They won the premier league lollol 

with respect run along now and play 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

They won the premier league lollol 

with respect run along now and play 

You think it was the structure they put together that won the league - banter.

It was Pearson's structure which they allowed him to put together which was intelligent, but post Thailand, they got egotistical and have allowed several members of staff to leave without replacing them, whilst surrounding themselves with nodding dogs.

I love the argument - they won the league....end of. - it's my favourite, 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived