Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

Blue Friday #backingtheblues

I find it a little bit alienating given that for all 28 years of my life I've been backing the Blues along with a decent number of others. Even when we've won cups, won titles and when we most needed the support in relegation battles, there's never been anything like this.

I suspect there's a fair few Tigers fans wearing blue today who loved to sneer at us during our lows.

I'll pop into town tonight to grab a couple of beers in BrewDog and see the buildings illuminated blue. Why the **** not? 

Parading the trophy about is horrendously premature but apart from that I'm all for everyone getting into the spirit of things. 

Been in town today and I'm loving this. There's such a great feeling and a buzz in the city, and contrary to the belief that this is tempting fate, I get the feeling this is part of the last big push to get the lads over the line.

However, it was all a bit cringeworthy at Uni of Leicester this morning. I thought I'd go and check it out after a lecture and get involved, but my God, it was so fake! People there who clearly knew nothing about football pretending to be massive fans. I felt oddly out of place at my own uni in my home city. lol The support is great, don't get me wrong, I love it that people now pay attention to our club; but that wasn't me for me. I get the sense it was all one big media attention seeking fest than anything else. I really hope they enjoy the party, because the feeling in the city right now is amazing. I also hope they do stick with us and "back the blues" for years to come through thick and thin.

But oh well, I can't wait to enjoy the end of this season with fellow fans who this means the world to.

Not that it's done yet... But this is the season for Leicester!

Similar at DMU as well, the VC is all over this even though he's a QPR fan, brownie points for him getting his face on skysports and stuff I suppose, that and people that couldn't stand football a year ago are huge fans now!

The city centre is buzzing though, great to see so many buildings in blue, as you say hopefully they stay fans and support the boys for years to come

This kind of thing went on before all our cup finals just not so cohesively organised. I can remember shops decked out, butchers and bakers making pies, sausages and cakes. Factories flying flags and media looking for all kinds of stories (just not to the international level now). This backing the blues is great, its a 'come on lads, one last effort, you can do it, we're right with you'. I was in my kids primary school this afternoon and it was great, all the kids and teachers in City shirts, a Leicester City highlights video in assembly with all the kids cheering all the goals as they went in, including a 'huuuuuth' for his goals against man city lol. And when a teacher asked one kid why we were doing backing the blues, I waited with heart in mouth fearing that fate was about to be tempted, though I shouldn't have worried as he said 'because Leicester are trying to win the league', good lad. The Mrs had decorated our front window with fox helium inflated foil balloons, a flag, scarves and balloons when I got home.

Everyone knows the jobs not done but it's about having a bit of fun and showing the team everyone is right behind them.

Come on Leicester.

Blue army

Blue army

the key in the name BACK THE BLUES, nothing cringe and absolutely nothing wrong with getting behind the lads and helping them by showing our support. People saying 'no one was doing this in league one or the championship' stop puffing your chest out about being a 'better fan then anyone else' 'I was there man you' sound like a dick! I think its great and am in full support of it. Its not like the players are parading round with the medals around their necks are they its just the fans getting excited about THE BIGGEST moment in our sporting history.

Regarding the trophy that was in the club shop in September / October so nothing wrong with that either!

Now get down off your hipster high horses, get your shirt on, get your face painted if you want and get behind the city.

not wearing blue doesn't mean people aren't backing the city

Not having a go at you bud but to me this should of just been a bit of fun in cheering us on to the title (hopefully)

Think some have got a bit carried away moaning like fvck recently

Let's just get this fvcker in the bag now :fc:

Come on Leicester

Up the Foxes

More pics please people, just had an email form my Derby supporting cousin, to tell me she had been into Leicester today and was surprised and impressed by the turn out and work that had been done.

COYB

What, you mean like one of these?

2F83780F00000578-3367029-image-a-39_1450

There is so much pressure building up in that room purely from our boys tensing up their abs! :D  Apart from Benny who's a bit of a tubster and Wasyl who just don't need to! 

Just noticed that his torso looks like some kind of freaky creature from Regular Show....whistling!

I backed the blues!

My house all flagged up (only one in the street!!)

We had a Back the Blues day in school, children dressed in shirts, wigs etc

When the kids came in first thing,  i had all Leicester goals from the season playing on the whiteboard. Buzz of excitement, then you could have heard a pin drop!

Archived