Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LaCiudad

Fellaini & Huth, Both charged

To be honest you could review recordings of every game Huth plays and find something to do him for so this is hardly surprising. We've benefited from it but he needs to keep a lid on it really. I think it's true to say there's a measure of indiscipline in the squad. The suspensions are a recent thing but Wasliweski giving away the free kick against Arsenal was the only time we've been undone as a result of what appears to be a habit of giving daft free kicks away late in games. We're in a good enough position that it probably won't matter but it has been an issue for a little while now. That it seems to be becoming more prominent is likely a combination of increased exposure as we get closer to the title and nerves/desperation to hold out on behalf of the players.

Presumably Huth would ask for a personal hearing (he may not be charged, of course) which, judging by Vardy's case, wouldn't take place until next week anyway. So he'd be available for Everton.

The real serious talk is about Fellaini but if they look at Fellaini's elbowing they'll also see Huth pulling his hair (jesus ****ing christ). If I was looking at that, as an independent person, I'd find it hard to justify not banning Huth. You can't go about doing that, for ****'s sake. :D

Is there really serious talk over Huth and Fellaini? This all seems a bit rubbish to be fair. 

Just Shearer on MOTD 2 suggesting he could be in trouble and a Graham Poll article in tomorrow's Mail.

Guest ttfn

Depends on whether hair pulling is defined as "brutality".

No way should the punishment be the same for hair pulling as elbowing somebody in the face though. One is dangerous and the other is embarrassing.

if they look at it .... and then huth appeals against it.... a panel of 3 independent referees look at the incident and decide if it's a sending off offence.

if all three are unanimous, huth will get banned. personally i don't think pulling the hair he did was a sending off.... it's like pulling on a shirt, just that feilaini has a lot of hair everywhere so it was very easy to grab on to. Felaini on the other hand clearly intends that violent elbow 2-3 times.

If huth gets banned for that hair pulling, others should get banned for shirt pullings. It wasn't as if Huth went in their and just grabbed his afro.... it was the usual grappling that goes on.... felainis hair got caught in huth fingers... that's the way i see it

Our lack of discipline is getting a bit annoying now and something I think we should rectify for next season as could end up costing us in important games. Danny's both fouls were silly and his reaction to the red could get him in toruble too although don't think it will, but still stupid after seeing what happened to Vardy. Huth is just an animal, mostly in a good way but refs will start giving penalties for what he does in the box time and time again. I actually think on this occassion, although the hair pull from certain angles looks a lot worse, he isn't looking and grabs it as he would a shirt and Fellaini's elbow hits him almost at the same time. Would be harsh to ban Huth I think but the media kicking up a fuss doesn't help. Fellaini was way worse though and could have knocked most people out, Huth's jaw is made of steel though. 

I do wonder what would happen if Spurs have a convincing big win against Chelsea like they did beating Man U 3-0.. and we get the news of losing Huth for rest of season and Danny. All not that unlikely.. Lets hope it doesn't happen like that but I won't sleep sound until they can't mathematically catch us! 

With regard to the panel potentially noticing the "hair pull" when reviewing the footage of Fellaini's "elbow", surely (when reviewing Vardy's "dive"), they saw Ogbonna deliberately make contact with Vardy by pulling on his arm - clear to see in real time let alone slow motion?! Yet they only punished Vardy. If they ignored that, then they should ignore what Huth did too. Otherwise, yet another example of the powers that be intent on derailing us. Just to balance, out - I agree that we have been guilty of ill discipline on several occasions. But at the same time, it seems to be a matter of fact, regular occurence by the "big" clubs, who seem to go unpunished more often than not.

With regard to the panel potentially noticing the "hair pull" when reviewing the footage of Fellaini's "elbow", surely (when reviewing Vardy's "dive"), they saw Ogbonna deliberately make contact with Vardy by pulling on his arm - clear to see in real time let alone slow motion?! Yet they only punished Vardy. If they ignored that, then they should ignore what Huth did too. Otherwise, yet another example of the powers that be intent on derailing us. Just to balance, out - I agree that we have been guilty of ill discipline on several occasions. But at the same time, it seems to be a matter of fact, regular occurence by the "big" clubs, who seem to go unpunished more often than not.

panel or hearing was not directly going to be judging the vardy yellow card dive/foul incident.... they were judging him on his reaction to the red card and his agressive pointing and swearing.

this case, they might see huth as provocating fellaini by yanking his hair. if they do though, they should also review some of the shirt tugging that goes on. Huth hair pull was certainly not violent intent like an elbow.

panel or hearing was not directly going to be judging the vardy yellow card dive/foul incident.... they were judging him on his reaction to the red card and his agressive pointing and swearing.

this case, they might see huth as provocating fellaini by yanking his hair. if they do though, they should also review some of the shirt tugging that goes on. Huth hair pull was certainly not violent intent like an elbow.

it's not as violent as the elbow but it will be classified as a violent act. If  Fellaini gets a suspension so will Huth.

Archived