Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LaCiudad

Fellaini & Huth, Both charged

Not completely sure on the rule but thought if the ball was not in play at the time (can't remember if it was or not) then what Huth did would have been a caution if seen by the ref. If play was on at the time, then the call would have been a yellow card for holding a player back.

I'm guessing the post above (telegraph) was more based on after the game events which changes the entire meaning of hair pulling as it's happened not in the field of play.

Will find out soon enough how the FA look at it but I'd suspect Huth will not be charged even if play was on at the time because he would have been called for a yellow for holding and a PK given but I don't think it's a red card offence. Who knows.....appears it will depend on how the FA look at the entire incident.

I will, and it isn't fiction it is fact... pulling the hair is like dragging back an arm or leg... while smacking someone in the face with an elbow and then fist is a different level

Nope, not fact. Whether or not you consider one act to be worse than another is wholly irrelevant.

This is fact: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-two/11817326/Two-Morecambe-players-banned-for-hair-clash.html

Aha, beaten to the punch.

No way. Huth's is nowhere near as bad.

Absolutely. Anybody suggesting it should get the same punishment should really get a grip. Preferably not of somebody's hair

Absolutely. Anybody suggesting it should get the same punishment should really get a grip. Preferably not of somebody's hair

Whether you think the punishments should be different or not, the FA class it as violent conduct.

They have already set a precedent by giving a 3 match ban for the same thing earlier this season

Deleted

"Two Morecambe players were hit with three-match bans on Friday for pulling the dreadlocks of an opponent and sparking a mass brawl."

Not exactly the same

Whether you think the punishments should be different or not, the FA class it as violent conduct.

They have already set a precedent by giving a 3 match ban for the same thing earlier this season

If they do get the same punishment then the FA should really revisit the notion of 'violent conduct' if we're going to have this post-match trial by social media/video highlights.

To clarify I have no issue with Huth being punished, just that the severity is clearly different and punishment, IMHO,  should reflect that.

I really hope Chelsea do us a favour tonight though as losing Huth for our last 2 games is a huge loss. Was will not be match fit and has played only a handful of games all season and isn't getting any younger! Think its harsh on Huth as he just grabs what he can, as he would a shirt, not his fault Fellaini has massive great mop of a hair. Getting bit bored of all this after game charges players are getting. Players will barely dare touch each other in the future. Doesn't help with the media hyping everything too. Most likely a 3 match ban for both then after what ex refs are saying in the media..  :dry:

Why? The last minute against Arsenal aside Wasyl has been more than competent for us.

I think that's the problem...would you be confident he would not do something similar if he played 90 minutes?

If Huth gets banned, I'd like to see Fuchs moving to the centre of defence, and Chilwell playing at left back.

Ironically if the ref had of seen it he wouldn't of sent him off

I don't think he'd have been carded let alone sent off. I believe the incident occurred with a stoppage in play (??) Had he seen Huth pull the hair, the ref would have given him a talking to nothing more. Possibly at worst a yellow if at that point the ref had already seen enough of all the pushing, shoving, grabbing that happens on every freekick or corner these days

BTW watching the youtube video, the elbow and hair pull are almost simultaneous. Looked as though Huth was going to get the elbow in the neck regardless of the hair pull

I don't get this 'huth grabs hold of his hair - could be his shirt'. Fellover is well over 6 foot. How does huth expect to find his shirt 6 1/2 feet off the ground!!! it's an unseemly incident and if he escapes a ban I will be astonished (in the same way I expected vards to get the extra game). The only chance he has is that the ref says he saw he incident and judged it 6 of 1 etc etc so ignored it. That would make him look weak though and what benefit is there for him to admit that.

And it occurred with the ball in play.

And it occurred with the ball in play.

Yeah...at work. Found a video showing that. Could have been a PK and a yellow card to Huth. Not convinced it would have been a straight red. Fellaini....Straight red as he was gearing up for the elbow anyways. He followed that with a face scrape. Huth's looks worse because of what else occurred.

Guest bennytwohats

Sorry chaps but it's stupid and dirty from Huth. You know what you get from him, he plays close to the line and has previous for going over it plenty of times. I'd be surprised if they don't both get bans

Lack of discipline for us over recent weeks. Drinkwater mouthing off and getting his finger in the refs face is incredibly stupid after what happened with Vardy.

Its pathetic if Huth gets the same punishment as Fellani. That said, I ****ing love Wasyl. Has been solid for us and has just got on with being benched this season. Just. Love. Him.

I think that's the problem...would you be confident he would not do something similar if he played 90 minutes?

If Huth gets banned, I'd like to see Fuchs moving to the centre of defence, and Chilwell playing at left back.

He's been generally excellent for us for three seasons when called on (except at right back), so him filling in the centre back position I'd be comfortable with.

Archived