Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LaCiudad

Fellaini & Huth, Both charged

Huth had his shirt pulled completely off a few weeks ago

How come there was no retrospective action taken after that?

That's the bit that annoys most Fans. Rooney denied us a Goal scoring chance when he pulled Gray back and yet it will go unpunished.

If we start charging people with violent conduct for pulling - even hair-pulling - then we're going to have to start retrospectively scrutinising a lot more games. If it had been spotted during the match it would have been a booking or a warning, maybe even a penalty, but he wouldn't have been sent off. After all, if there's pushing and pulling going on with Fellaini then a player going to grab his collar or shoulder might easily end up with a fistful of his hair. That's part of being a highly physical player with hair like that, surely. If you wear long sleeves or a necklace they'll grab that too and it's illegal too, but it's not violent conduct unless we start recategorising all sorts of other things as violent conduct.

On top of that, it's not entirely clear whether the hair tug was a response to the flailing arms or the cause of it. I'd probably just about say it came first, but if we say that's a red on the basis that you'd be in trouble for it if you did it on the street, then we'll have to go back and call every kick, late tackle, shove, dig in the ribs etc. The guy who pulled Huth's shirt off a few games back would definitely need a ban.

They have to be careful that the increased scrutiny doesn't lead to an upturn in charges against players, because I know Chelsea felt this was an issue with them at the end of last year. On the other hand, are we sure that this won't be in the ref's report? He certainly had a word with Fellaini a few minutes later. Maybe he saw it without realising the severity of the elbow, in which case there will be no action against either.

Scary?

If they win tonight, I wouldn't want to be going into our last home game, against Everton without Drinkwater and Huth.

The thought of Wasilewski in the side for the last 2 games is scary.

If they win tonight, I wouldn't want to be going into our last home game, against Everton without Drinkwater and Huth.

Why? The last minute against Arsenal aside Wasyl has been more than competent for us.

Why? The last minute against Arsenal aside Wasyl has been more than competent for us.

Lost his head under pressure. Hasn't really played all season.

Huths aerial ability is a huge asset from set prices, mainly defensively, and one wasyl will not replace.

On the other hand, are we sure that this won't be in the ref's report? He certainly had a word with Fellaini a few minutes later. Maybe he saw it without realising the severity of the elbow, in which case there will be no action against either.

I was thinking this too. He could have just seen it as a 50:50, that each player was giving as good as they got, and that could be the end of it.

Because it's not violent conduct

I see your point, but I'm not convinced hair-pulling is either. Yes, on the street it would be, but so would wrenching someone's shirt off. Looking at your follow-up post, I'd also take the view that it was unsporting behaviour and should have been a booking. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player sent off for tugging someone's hair, especially when they've got so much of it!

I still think Huth would be very, very unlucky. A lot of centre halfs may wonder what sort of regulation pushing and pulling might be flagged up in the future.

Despite the fact they both didn't play at goodison?

Wasyl and kingy played that game. Didn't turn out to bad.

I see your point, but I'm not convinced hair-pulling is either. Yes, on the street it would be, but so would wrenching someone's shirt off. Looking at your follow-up post, I'd also take the view that it was unsporting behaviour and should have been a booking. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player sent off for tugging someone's hair, especially when they've got so much of it!

I still think Huth would be very, very unlucky. A lot of centre halfs may wonder what sort of regulation pushing and pulling might be flagged up in the future.

Reading up on it a few people have reds for it unfortunately.

Getting crazy every little thing that goes on is under the microscope, especially in our games at the minute. If we were mid table it wouldn't even be being talked about let alone waiting to hear from the FA to see if we have even more bans coming our way. Lets just hope Chelsea win tonight so it doesn't matter.

Got a bad feeling about this. Common sense should be a warning for Huth and 3 game ban for Fellani. The FA will pre-empt the uproar that would get though and go 3 game bans for both. Especially as it provides the exciting narrative they crave. To think both warrant the same punishment is mad but they will I can guarantee. 

Archived