Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mydogzonfire

Where were you when......? How did you celebrate?

In Mulranny, west coast of Ireland. Unbelievably in the small pub, 4 Spurs fans!  Couldn't contain myself when Chelsea equalised; their heads just slumped, they knew it was all over.

Bought an overpriced bottle of champagne, only to find champagne and a cake with "1" waiting at home.

Worth following for 50 years for that moment!!

Watched the game at home, rang my mate who went up town, met him, ordered a bottle of champagne then walked to the stadium where this happened:

Just watched at home. I was quite calm when full time went.

Hasn't sunk in

This was me. Was really surreal. Still don't think it's sunk in properly yet. All the highs and lows and the constant waiting for the next game, the fear, the nerves and I suppose all that comes to an abrupt end, I just havn't quite found the emotions to replace it with yet.

I had to listen to game the old fashioned way and that was on the radio, I was lying down on my bed just in case I didn't fate come the final whistle. When it got 1-2 I just lept so high I must have nearly hit the celling. But at 2-2 I just lept at bed and ran from the bedroom upstairs to the front garden screaming! like mad! at the final whistle I was just standing there silent just crying into my scarf. Trying to take all of this in.

I'm better at matches than watching them on the box( except OT Sunday)

Was watching until 2-0.so I then went for a drive listening to a CD rather than the radio.

When I got back my 12 year old said Chelsea had scored so I put the TV a minute before the equaliser .

Went mad,told the wife I can't stand this and took the dog for a walk,a fast but nervous walk.

My phone went mad and then before I could look at the messages my Spurs STH mate called." Congratulations mate,well deserved"

Got home answered too many texts when all I wanted to do was take it in.

Really jealous of you lot in Leicester.

Today I've had people who I have slight connections with whilst on the road ,phone my office wanting my mobile number and calling me to say well done.

I was at work for the first half then went home to be with my son (had to be with him for this moment) who took the day off school. When Hazard scored we went nuts and this morning my head hurts. So so happy. Cannot wait till Saturday

Sorry situation from me..In a village in Germany, My kids spread around Germany.

MY son also city supporter ,we could only text each other.

Wife had gone bed...doesnt get this euphoria, plus being German, no associations with the city

other she married a great crazy guy from a curious place.

So totally alone in my own world.My pride I suppose like 'Bluetintedspecs'

never had any negative thoughts, couldnt understand the doubters.

Would of loved to be in my city tonight and these next few days.

62yrs old ,from 6yrs old a city supporter, no matter where life took me.

Proud of also being a Tiger over the years, but we were expected to

take honours. But this gives our city 2 big teams, it took awhile,

like many have already mentioned, those frostbite nights,

or rainsoaked, windblown nights, plus snowdrifted Saturdays, or

absent days in a far offland, waiting days to glimpse a result or a

report from a match or a period of results.

Alone with my thoughts of hopes and dreams over a club with

the best badge in the world, that have now been realised.

My city, my Leicester, my foxes have done the unbelievable,

unthinkable, not for some even in their wildest dreams,

have took the top title, in world league football.

So to Dad, and all my Uncles who are all now, the otherside

celebrating with King Dicks spirit...

I did tell you they would do it, even if it meant it took

many of those 'never in a month of Sundays' and in

my life time. It was actually 'Dad', a Monday night,

without us needing to kick a ball.

When it comes to my time, I will see, they throw in

my coffin the Sunday papers, with date and the league position,

plus a photo of the cup with our name on it, we can then all

celebrate together, hopefully taking some

other doubters with me. Believe and Dream was my motto.

I'm with you mate, never doubted!

Champions of England that's what we are! :)

I was at Stamford Bridge in my Leicester Shirt having a massive party with the Chelsea fans.  Amazing night.  Decided in the morning I could not just sit at home or in the pub and wanted a piece of the action, so set off without a ticket, managed to get one at 4pm, went into the ground, and sang my bloody heart out.  

Sorry situation from me..In a village in Germany, My kids spread around Germany.

MY son also city supporter ,we could only text each other.

Wife had gone bed...doesnt get this euphoria, plus being German, no associations with the city

other she married a great crazy guy from a curious place.

So totally alone in my own world.My pride I suppose like 'Bluetintedspecs'

never had any negative thoughts, couldnt understand the doubters.

Never alone mate when we have this forum. Being on the west coast of Canada I live Leicester through foxestalk. One other fan other than my son I've ever met here. Doubters and worriers to confidence and belief....we are all Leicester fans and is what makes this forum so great. Bluetintedspecs and many others made the run in fun for me. Cheers :scarf:

In a pub in the Vale. Spent 4 of the 6 minutes injury time pacing up and down outside the front door. Incredible couple of hours after. First text was from a Spurs fan mate, fair play, another great mate ran down to the pub just to buy me a beer. Brilliant. Hugs all round and a few tears too. Won't ever forget that feeling.

You weren't the only one! Live the other side of Hinckley. I'm getting on so my days of high-jinks are over. I was listening to 'it' on the radio. When Hazard scored I roared - as if Mahrez had slotted one in. Then blahted a bit when they said "Leicester are now champions". I'm  not so fussed on all the hullabaloo of the media interest - more relishing the fact that our club outplayed, outthought and outstayed all they came up against - with such good lads and a reserved thoughtful genuinely nice man and manager. Funny - being a City supporter it took time to begin to realise how tough they are, and fearless. No precedent really - some good sides in my time, but never bossed other teams like this.

Where is Wöllstein btw? I habve roots in Germany.

26km south of Mainz, a village in Rheinhessen, Rheinlandpfalz.

I was away on a short family break with my sisters and my Mum, so I was watching the game in the Duke of Oz pub in the city of Leiden in The Netherlands. Once I'd got a pint I noticed a couple of lads wearing Chelsea tops, and they were happy for me to join them. Turned out they were local lads that didn't really support Chelsea, but both had the tops and had always said they'd need to wear them down the pub (they were regulars) when Chelsea were on. Like many others the world over, they were desperate to see us clinch the title. There were also a few Dutch Spurs fans in too, and whilst their cheers in the first half were annoying, there silence near the end was brilliant. To be fair, they were all great at the end, ......and several Heineken's were sunk!!

I have no ability to post threads no idea where to put my outsider's musings - just know that I've visited your site so often and tried to resist just being another bandwagon jumper and start gushing, especially as the closer it gets to inevitable (your victory) the worse it looks...especially now, after it's already wrapped. But I couldn't help myself, because it provoked such emotion when I tried to read an article about it today. I had to express my admiration. 

Hi there, 

I'm an Everton fan and we play you this weekend, but I really couldn't be less interested in that game. Honestly, I speak for all the blues I know when I say were actually angry at the prospect we might have caused a problem for you by daring, after such an abysmal season, to miraculously get our act together for the one game we're actually looking forward to losing. Yes, this bewildering season has ended with most Everton fans looking forward more to the prospect of seeing us lose to Leicester than win any of our meaningless dead rubbers to see out the season .I've been, like so many fans across the country, quietly basking in the rise of Leicester City. I knew I was just one of so many well wishers and cheerful admirers that there'd be no point putting voice to my admiration - yu lot are probably inundated with it. And more than that, I felt like it was right to observe quietly on the sidelines - because this isn't my victory, but yours. And that's what has given me, weirdly, so many lifts over the past few months just browsing FoxesTalk and seeing real, genuine, passionate football fans struggling to put into words how much it slowly dawned on them how special this 'thing' - so careful not to put into actual words something so equally ridiculous as it was profound, the very notion of seeing Leicester as champions - was beginning to feel. 

I felt as awed and inspired by stories of lifelong Leicester fans, men who'd had 50 years travelling up and down the country as well as the league pyramid, seeing it all - in tears of joy at the latest miraculous away win. If that doesn't make you comprehend the magnitude of what was happening or the power of football itself, then nothing ever will. What else could possibly be just as powerful to a young boy as it is an old man - that no matter what you go through in life or how much your circumstances change, the bond with your team has that same grasp of your heart and your soul as it did when you first experienced the roar of the terraces that first got you hooked. It's a feeling that defies explanation, or even simple reason and logic; for every time you came home distraught, furious, desolate and every emotion in between and had to face the final insult from unhelpful girlfriends and mothers 'It's only a game of football'. Yeah, they're right, obviously. But what good does that fact do to you when you're hopelessly dependent on your team's fortunes whether you like or not. You suffer blindly and for so long - how many ruined weekends and sadistic heartbreak are we made to endure?! - for those moments to savour, the moments that make it all worthwhile, that give you the greatest high. Little fragments that keep you coming back - a last minute goal or particularly vital gritty win that becomes part of the collective memory, an emotional reference point in your lives that binds you together, that makes your own joy all the sweeter, knowing there's people out there - your tribe - that don't need any explanation to understand what it means. 

What you have been given this year is the greatest collective celebration in Leicester's history... in 40 years you will get talking to someone of our vintage in a pub somewhere and discover he's a fellow fox, and I'll bet my life on the fact that you'd be trading inch-perfect descriptions of events as if they were yesterday, and you'll wonder even then how the hell you ever pulled it off. Vardy's record, Mahrez at City, Claudio's tears... a whole city united not just by the simple thrill of victory that every winner can briefly bask in; but the mythbusting, logic-defying, media-shocking, heart-warming reinvigoration you have just given football supports everywhere, and football itself, by victory. The romance has been sucked out of football along with all the money in our pockets and yet we still are drawn to it, ever more disillusioned and bewildered by the unfathomable excesses, greed and ego that drives it. You have simply reawakened romance in football, even if will all be forgotten in a year's time (I reaally hope not, of course), even if this will turn out to be a mere blip in relentless march towards total corporate football, it's a moment that people didn't think the sport was any longer capable of providing. I just hope that the supporters and the people of the city generally never forget what an amazing thing it is you've achieved. I would give anything for it to have been my beloved Everton, I really would; but that's what makes it special. These feelings belong to the Champions of England, who earned it by being a team of winners from start to finish. You just knew how to win no matter what the cirsumtances. Spurs away with Huth's header was huge, but City away was the majestic performance of champions elect. You've earned it. 

The most incredible story in English football. Savour the history and bask in the brief light of the glory - especially for those of us who continue to suffer blindly in the dark. 

Archived