Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mydogzonfire

Where were you when......? How did you celebrate?

In Gaborone, Botswana, watching the Chelsea vs Spurs game on DSTV. Spent the last 10 minutes on my feet, unable to sit or watch. When the final whistle blew I screamed, pacing across the room and shaking all over, unable to quite believe what had just happened.

FaceTimed my mum, who being someone who doesn't understand football was ecstatic. She passed the tablet over to my dad, and we were both in tears. incredible.

Managed to get on RL too!

In Mrs K's Pub in Norfolk. Gave the three lads left in the pub a glass and a bit of fizz and a free bag of Walkers Cheese n Onion crisps. Told them it was the food of champions !!!!!

In a pub on the way back home to SW Devon from a few days up at my folks in Northants! Stopped off in the Wetherspoons pub in Stroud off M5 to go online to follow the game that way - and then converse/drink a shandy or two with the locals in there after the game finished - who were also 'made up' for us - one being a Chelsea fan strangely enough! What times these truly are! :-D

More detail than my previous post:  One of my best mates is a Man City fan and I give him a lot of grief for his appalling lack of fandom given how much he loves to gloat about their team and how regularly he bitterly belittles us - it's got to the point where we only discuss football if he brings it up because it's so infuriating having to listen to 'banter', incredibly bitter snipes about us being rubbish, and his general inability to handle me simply being pleased over a Leicester result (he regularly has a go at me for being "smug" just for smiling quietly at a scoreline even though when we both watched the marvellous 3-1 together I severely muted my celebrations for our goals and expressed my sympathies towards him only to have him scream loudly and arrogantly right in my face a short time later when Sturridge scored against us even though at the time it looked like the goal, as well as completely destroying my emotions, severly hurt his own team's title chances - go figure) from a guy who regularly misses their CL ties simply because he doesn't know they're playing that day.  But mini rant over; fair play to him the bloke found it in him to by me a pint then offer to cover my duties so I could take time off from clearing the kitchen away to watch the rest of the match after the Hazard goal went in.  Instead I spent the remaining match time refusing to touch the beer and carrying on with work because "fuch off this is massively premature, no way it's happening".  Then the game ended and I sort of zombied my way through the final bits of work, carried the pint out to the bar area and drank it while trying to think of something smug to say to him (the bitter put-downs had already resumed by this point) but being too dazed to muster anything at all so sitting there silently listening to back-handed compliments swiftly followed by trying not to cry after getting a congratulatory text from my sister mentioning how great it would have been for our Grandad to see it.  And I'm still trying to absorb that this has really truly happened over 24 hours later.

Never alone mate when we have this forum. Being on the west coast of Canada I live Leicester through foxestalk. One other fan other than my son I've ever met here. Doubters and worriers to confidence and belief....we are all Leicester fans and is what makes this forum so great. Bluetintedspecs and many others made the run in fun for me. Cheers :scarf:

My dad, 2 younger brothers, myself of course and an uncle (friend of dion dublin) are all massive Leicester fans here in the greater Toronto area. So add 5 more to that list. Some of my other cousins are casual city fans but my immediate family are city mad.

We were all watching the game and whatsapp'ing voice and video throughout the game. Wish we were all in leicester for this historic moment but live vicariously through foxestalk

I have no ability to post threads no idea where to put my outsider's musings - just know that I've visited your site so often and tried to resist just being another bandwagon jumper and start gushing, especially as the closer it gets to inevitable (your victory) the worse it looks...especially now, after it's already wrapped. But I couldn't help myself, because it provoked such emotion when I tried to read an article about it today. I had to express my admiration.

Hi there,

I'm an Everton fan and we play you this weekend, but I really couldn't be less interested in that game. Honestly, I speak for all the blues I know when I say were actually angry at the prospect we might have caused a problem for you by daring, after such an abysmal season, to miraculously get our act together for the one game we're actually looking forward to losing. Yes, this bewildering season has ended with most Everton fans looking forward more to the prospect of seeing us lose to Leicester than win any of our meaningless dead rubbers to see out the season .I've been, like so many fans across the country, quietly basking in the rise of Leicester City. I knew I was just one of so many well wishers and cheerful admirers that there'd be no point putting voice to my admiration - yu lot are probably inundated with it. And more than that, I felt like it was right to observe quietly on the sidelines - because this isn't my victory, but yours. And that's what has given me, weirdly, so many lifts over the past few months just browsing FoxesTalk and seeing real, genuine, passionate football fans struggling to put into words how much it slowly dawned on them how special this 'thing' - so careful not to put into actual words something so equally ridiculous as it was profound, the very notion of seeing Leicester as champions - was beginning to feel.

I felt as awed and inspired by stories of lifelong Leicester fans, men who'd had 50 years travelling up and down the country as well as the league pyramid, seeing it all - in tears of joy at the latest miraculous away win. If that doesn't make you comprehend the magnitude of what was happening or the power of football itself, then nothing ever will. What else could possibly be just as powerful to a young boy as it is an old man - that no matter what you go through in life or how much your circumstances change, the bond with your team has that same grasp of your heart and your soul as it did when you first experienced the roar of the terraces that first got you hooked. It's a feeling that defies explanation, or even simple reason and logic; for every time you came home distraught, furious, desolate and every emotion in between and had to face the final insult from unhelpful girlfriends and mothers 'It's only a game of football'. Yeah, they're right, obviously. But what good does that fact do to you when you're hopelessly dependent on your team's fortunes whether you like or not. You suffer blindly and for so long - how many ruined weekends and sadistic heartbreak are we made to endure?! - for those moments to savour, the moments that make it all worthwhile, that give you the greatest high. Little fragments that keep you coming back - a last minute goal or particularly vital gritty win that becomes part of the collective memory, an emotional reference point in your lives that binds you together, that makes your own joy all the sweeter, knowing there's people out there - your tribe - that don't need any explanation to understand what it means.

What you have been given this year is the greatest collective celebration in Leicester's history... in 40 years you will get talking to someone of our vintage in a pub somewhere and discover he's a fellow fox, and I'll bet my life on the fact that you'd be trading inch-perfect descriptions of events as if they were yesterday, and you'll wonder even then how the hell you ever pulled it off. Vardy's record, Mahrez at City, Claudio's tears... a whole city united not just by the simple thrill of victory that every winner can briefly bask in; but the mythbusting, logic-defying, media-shocking, heart-warming reinvigoration you have just given football supports everywhere, and football itself, by victory. The romance has been sucked out of football along with all the money in our pockets and yet we still are drawn to it, ever more disillusioned and bewildered by the unfathomable excesses, greed and ego that drives it. You have simply reawakened romance in football, even if will all be forgotten in a year's time (I reaally hope not, of course), even if this will turn out to be a mere blip in relentless march towards total corporate football, it's a moment that people didn't think the sport was any longer capable of providing. I just hope that the supporters and the people of the city generally never forget what an amazing thing it is you've achieved. I would give anything for it to have been my beloved Everton, I really would; but that's what makes it special. These feelings belong to the Champions of England, who earned it by being a team of winners from start to finish. You just knew how to win no matter what the cirsumtances. Spurs away with Huth's header was huge, but City away was the majestic performance of champions elect. You've earned it.

The most incredible story in English football. Savour the history and bask in the brief light of the glory - especially for those of us who continue to suffer blindly in the dark.

thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. cheers

Sat at home in Denmark (supported City since mid 60´ies). Watched the the Chelsea game on the TV whilst simultaneously on FT. The emotion at full time was incredible - wept the tears of joy and cracked at bottle of Moet - kept for the occassion. And then the congratulations started pouring in ..... an incredible evening that I nevet thought I´d live to see.

At home on front of the tv with a lot of beers and the dog to keep me company! Fell to my knees and cried my eyes out when the whistle went. Sat in disbelief for a few minutes then cracked open and shared a bottle of bubbly with the missus who woke up hearing me balling lol

At Halong Bay in Vietnam on an overnight boat. Got my dad to text me the final Spurs Chelsea score. Was no phone signal or internet/wifi though as I patiently stayed awake until 4.30pm local time. Fell asleep and then woke at 5.30am, boat must have went through an area of signal randomly as got 4 new messages. Without even opening my dad's text I knew we had done it then.

Needless to say, I didn't get much more sleep as I was buzzing.

Being in an amazing country and hearing we won the title, doesn't get much better than this!

Watched the game at home with my bro. Wife was at work so had the kids. Kept them both up to watch the game. Told my brother at half time it would be 2-2. When hazard scored I was going mental and made my son cry from the noise.

Standing arm in arm with my brother when Chelsea had that free kick at the end. Hugged and cried at full time.

Wife came home and had no idea we had won it. Stayed up with me watching the celebrations on TV. Wasn't too bothered bout being at the stadium. Saturday is going to be the big day

In the front room of my house in Sydney, desperately trying to get a stream to work that dropped out just after Hazards goal.

Then I received a text from a Chelsea mate that simply said: 'You're welcome'

Archived