Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

This is absolutely unreal, people pay hundreds to watch this guy sing and we get him for free?

Whoever pulled this off needs a medal.

Technically, it still costs you a matchday ticket. Or a fraction of your ST.

But yeah, love it. Owners being generous and all. I expect another round of free doughnuts with that. :D

Singing Nessun Dorma... ****s sake, thought I'd at least wait until after the game before crying my eyes out.

Thought this myself.

I'm gonna be in bits on Saturday! But it's gonna be ****ing amazing!

"The opera icon, who went blind at the age of 12 after being hit in the head by a football" 

:blink:

You'd think he might want to stay clear of football grounds.

Mind you, given our miracle season, the Schluppmeister will probably blast a wayward shot against the other side of his head and restore his sight!

Would've preferred Andrea Pirlo myself....

Didn't know he was blind.  He actually had congenital glaucoma so he was going to become blind anyway.

"Leicester City supporters will be treated to a special performance from superstar tenor and football fan Andrea Bocelli ahead of Saturday’s Barclays Premier League fixture with Everton. 

The classical performer made a promise to City manager Claudio Ranieri to perform if the Foxes won the league, and after they made history with a title win on Monday night, Bocelli was only to happy to help make the historic day extra special. 

To celebrate the Foxes winning the title, Bocelli will be performing ‘Nessun Dorma’ and ‘Time To Say Goodbye’ in from of a sold out King Power Stadium crowd ahead of kick-off. "

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/andrea-bocelli-to-perform-at-king-power-stadium-3096499.aspx#82TMFYBkm1xqAxmC.99

1990 was when I fell in love with football.  Mostly because of world cup Italia '90.  My life long love affair with Leicester City naturally followed on, I'd been to game before that but never really got into it.

Nessum Dorma is the anthem, the theme song, to my love of football.  And now I'll get to see it sung live, by one of the worlds greatest opera stars, at the home of my team after we've just become champions on England.  This is just beyond epic for me, absolutely fantastic.  It will have me crying, I have no doubt about that

In the famous word of Sir Bobby Robson: "I'm not saying we'd definitely have beaten Argentina in the final, but my house would have been on it"

If you can get past the 20 second ads, just watch this and remember Italia 90 was such a brilliant World Cup..

Hopefully we'll be able to hear something, because you literally can't understand a single thing the Birch says down the mic lol

That's because he actually shouts down the mic.

So,a brilliant world renowned opera singer who sells out everywhere and has no

affiliation with us, wants to sing for us to celebrate this magnificent achievement .

Then there's a bunch of niffy chancers, supposed fans ,who'll celebrate by charging

fans fifty quid a pop .

One of us? I think not!

In the famous word of Sir Bobby Robson: "I'm not saying we'd definitely have beaten Argentina in the final, but my house would have been on it"

If you can get past the 20 second ads, just watch this and remember Italia 90 was such a brilliant World Cup..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sffX9Wrbw9w

Brilliant mate. Cheers for that. Like it was yesterday. The beeb using Nessun Dorma as the sig tune was a masterstroke. I LOVED that world cup.

I think I've only recently redeemed myself after expressing a dislike of Paul Scholes....

You're a top poster Bovril, but I think you found yourself in a small minority that day mate  :P

I'm glad they put the feelers out and got someone good...

I'd expect the Italian connection with Ranieri.

It's great stuff indeed....

:thumbup:

He'll touch your heart... I'm sure

Now you need to learn Nessun dorma in italian

Greetings from Italy

Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma! Tu pure, o Principessa, nella tua fredda stanza guardi le stelle che tremano d'amore e di speranza... Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me, il nome mio nessun saprà! No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò, quando la luce splenderà! Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio che ti fa mia. Dilegua, o notte! Tramontate, stelle! Tramontate, stelle! All'alba vincerò!

Archived