Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

Funny all season we've had people laughing at how poor it would be to have us crowned Champions at the King Power compared to the other big teams grounds when it actual fact despite the poor weather it was without a doubt the best show there has ever been in the Premier League, was more like a World Cup final 

Funny all season we've had people laughing at how poor it would be to have us crowned Champions at the King Power compared to the other big teams grounds when it actual fact despite the poor weather it was without a doubt the best show there has ever been in the Premier League, was more like a World Cup final

Unbelievable day, the city was on a massive buzz hours before, got to the ground around 90 minutes before kick off and you couldn't move, some of the free beer stands had ran dry, programmes sellers had all gone as sold out, ground was incredible, live tenor, say no more.

Great game, back in town after, still rammed and buzzing, yes it was like winning a World Cup. :)

Unbelievable day, the city was on a massive buzz hours before, got to the ground around 90 minutes before kick off and you couldn't move, some of the free beer stands had ran dry, programmes sellers had all gone as sold out, ground was incredible, live tenor, say no more.

Great game, back in town after, still rammed and buzzing, yes it was like winning a World Cup. :)

Didn't make it up yesterday but coming up for the 16th May think that'll be even busier 

The fans didn't go quiet when Bocelli first started singing, but after about a minute in more respect was given. To be fair, half the city had been on the razz since 10AM so perhaps this wasn't unexpected. However, when Bocelli reached the crescendo for the World Cup '90 song... the hairs on my neck stood up. Absolutely incredible!!! It really hit me then, the enormity of what the club had just done!

For the second song, the Everton fans sang through the early part of it, although for this one it seemed for the most part the home fans kept with it.

Overall I thought it was awesome! I'd go as far as saying it was the perfect way to end an incredible story and season. And the fact that the guys played so well afterwards... Can we have Bocelli again when we win the Champions League next year please!?

I was sat in row E of the away stand and I think you summed it up pretty well. Amazing way to sign off and amazing story. I just went to soak up the atmosphere at around midday, but couldn't resist picking up a couple of tickets for me and my daughter. Was planning to try and get in to Chelsea away, but this really was something not to be missed #foreverfearless

For me at least, even more than lifting the trophy, this was the moment of the day. The image of all the flags going around the ground with that brilliant, beautiful music playing is something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Brilliant from what could hear above a load of ****** singing Leicester chants over it

Yeah it would have been good if some fans would have just shut up just while he was on, in fact there was guy behind me who just wouldn't be quiet during his performance, though I guy next to me turned round and told him "be quiet" in which he replied "**** off, I'll do what I like". Actually a fight nearly broke over that. I thing I don't notice was the guy was not regular or wearing colours probably another jumping on the bandwagon. 

Guest CityFan 06

Beautiful singing from him yesterday. Set the tone for a beautiful day for the club and fans.

I'm not going to pretend I knew much of him before hand, yes, I'd heard of his name but I wouldn't have recognised him if I'd seen him in the street. I was very nervous at first as I thought that he was going to require silence for him to perform and Ranieri looked very worried! I sensed a kind of arrogance about him though, a kind of facial expression that said "Claudio, I could sing over a nuclear explosion and still be heard!" The guy was unbelievable and even though I wasn't lucky enough to be there that memory will stay with me forever.

My little lad has absolutely no patience at all and would be kicking off if he had to sit and watch a penalty shootout between England and Germany in the world cup final. I've never really tried to force Leicester on him as he's too young to really understand all of this madness. He watched the whole of Bocelli sitting there with his jaw dropped!I've only ever seen this happen with a good episode of Power Rangers Dino Charge where the bad guy gets his comeuppance. He managed to even watch the trophy lifting and turned to me and said "Dad?, who's Jamie Vardy?!" First time he's ever mentioned any Leicester player on his own accord- This nearly finished me off!

I tried to keep myself together for this game, but this broke me, never felt the champions feeling of togetherness like that before as he sang this, what a ****ing amazing day

I tried to keep myself together for this game, but this broke me, never felt the champions feeling of togetherness like that before as he sang this, what a ****ing amazing day

Not an opera fan but that was special. Watched the video of it this morning. It would have been difficult to have complete silence but even though it is not my kind of thing I respect and appreciate it and therefore would not ruin it for others.

It was something that we as City fans may not see again so savour the memory.

If the guy who has just managed the club to it's highest ever point asks just one little favour of you for just a few minutes and you don't grant him it what more does he need to do before you would? The pig headed sun-reader generation of the "thou shalt not be respectful, what I am doing is the most important thing and I won't hear otherwise" brigade. Okay he could have improvised and lead "Ranieri, oh, oh, Ranieri, oh oh" but there were timings and backing tracks involved.

If the guy who has just managed the club to it's highest ever point asks just one little favour of you for just a few minutes and you don't grant him it what more does he need to do before you would? The pig headed sun-reader generation of the "thou shalt not be respectful, what I am doing is the most important thing and I won't hear otherwise" brigade. Okay he could have improvised and lead "Ranieri, oh, oh, Ranieri, oh oh" but there were timings and backing tracks involved.

Yeah, it really annoyed me. Be quiet and pay some respect.

Everyone knew he was going to perform, there is a stage set up and CR just gave a speech. My guess is that many of the people chanting and making noise through the performance would struggle to sit still for their own mother's funeral. It's a sad state of affairs when people can't shut up for a couple of mins.

Archived