Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Liamlcfc1

Andrea Bocelli to perform at the KP on Saturday

Ranieri arranged it. He is on a tour anyway and it will also be publicity for him. Not sure though how many regular attending opera fans are also regular attending football fans.

A bit strange going from suit, frilled shirt and dicky bow to Wranglers baseball/bovver boots football shirt and scarf and wooly hat.

Guest MattP

Ranieri arranged it. He is on a tour anyway and it will also be publicity for him. Not sure though how many regular attending opera fans are also regular attending football fans.

I think every English football fan in the country had shed tears to Nessun Dorma at some point, it will be amazing.

"The opera icon, who went blind at the age of 12 after being hit in the head by a football" 

:blink:

You'd think he might want to stay clear of football grounds.

Mind you, given our miracle season, the Schluppmeister will probably blast a wayward shot against the other side of his head and restore his sight!

Would've preferred Andrea Pirlo myself....

Nope. Kante will  intercept it.

Don't want to sound condescending to some who may never of heard of him but he is a true great and a living legend. We are so lucky. Nessum Dorma is a classic. I might even shed a tear Saturday.

Just one?

Nessum Dorma memories of Italia 90 what a day its going to be

1990 was when I fell in love with football.  Mostly because of world cup Italia '90.  My life long love affair with Leicester City naturally followed on, I'd been to game before that but never really got into it.

Nessum Dorma is the anthem, the theme song, to my love of football.  And now I'll get to see it sung live, by one of the worlds greatest opera stars, at the home of my team after we've just become champions on England.  This is just beyond epic for me, absolutely fantastic.  It will have me crying, I have no doubt about that

Nessun dorma!

Nessun dorma!
(...)
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò! vincerò! vincerò!

Nobody shall sleep!
Nobody shall sleep!
(...)
Vanish, oh night!
Set, stars!
Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

So fitting.

You lucky lucky people on Saturday who have tickets have yet another reason to feel like you have won the lottery...Remember every second of it and try and take the whole day in!! This really is stuff dreams are made of.

Archived