Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Daniel Amartey

I'm more excited about Amartey than Slimani. We have attacking threat in Vardy and Mahrez and Musa and Gray looks incredibly exciting. But if we fail to cope with Kanté's absence somehow it won't matter: we'll concede too many.

I see Mendy as an excellent rotation choice for Drinkwater. So if Amartey can shore up our defence, we have a good chance at hovering around this season's big three. I'd kill for another defensive midfielder atm.

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm more excited about Amartey than Slimani. We have attacking threat in Vardy and Mahrez and Musa and Gray looks incredibly exciting. But if we fail to cope with Kanté's absence somehow it won't matter: we'll concede too many.

I see Mendy as an excellent rotation choice for Drinkwater. So if Amartey can shore up our defence, we have a good chance at hovering around this season's big three. I'd kill for another defensive midfielder atm.

Kante has gone...Armatey will be Armatey.Mendy will be Mendy

We wont fail to cope with Kantes absence,

if we fail it will be another reason, a lack of something else...not Kante  ..

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I see what you're trying to say, but  just about any team in the world would miss someone like Kante. But thats not to say we cant replace him and use someone elses strengths to our advantage to get similar results...

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes, he has. And he's left a monumentally large hole in defensive midfield. I don't think Amartey will be in next Kanté. But I do think he may help fill the hole.

Didn't set the world on fire last year but it's worth remembering that he never got a proper run in the side and also had to switch between CM and RB.

At the moment I think he is our best option beside Drinkwater in the midfield - I thought so before the Swansea game, but even more so now. 

He still doesn't look amazingly assured with the ball at his feet, but his height and strength are a big asset to our midfield.

Worth bearing in mind as well that he's only 21 - that's five years younger than Drinkwater and six years younger than King.

35 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yes, he has. And he's left a monumentally large hole in defensive midfield. I don't think Amartey will be in next Kanté. But I do think he may help fill the hole.

We never replaced  K.Weller, D.Gibson.

Amartey plays for the champions..Kante plays for a London club, who indecently is not in Europe...

Smoke and mirrors....Smoke and mirrors

10 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Didn't set the world on fire last year but it's worth remembering that he never got a proper run in the side and also had to switch between CM and RB.

At the moment I think he is our best option beside Drinkwater in the midfield - I thought so before the Swansea game, but even more so now. 

He still doesn't look amazingly assured with the ball at his feet, but his height and strength are a big asset to our midfield.

Worth bearing in mind as well that he's only 21 - that's five years younger than Drinkwater and six years younger than King.

Yeah the point regarding age is interesting. Thought he was excellent the other day and I'm sure he can replicate that sort of performance due to his sheer physical attributes. What I mean is he didn't score a worldie goal in which he could've got lucky by 'hitting and hoping', he just did everything simple and well. Kante is what, 25? And amartey is 21, give him 4 years of development and it will be interesting to see where he is. I'm sure Amartey could be some player if he's given regular game time in central midfield. 

Finally got around to watching Amartey's highlights. Probably a bit like seeing a film after reading all the hype.. I thought he looked good but most of it was very basic short passes and he didn't really do anything with it or hold the ball for any amount of time or make any runs with it but, a solid performance from what I saw and you can see his strength and pace will be a real asset in the middle. He will probably have to become a little more dynamic to retain a starting place but at 21, he looks very promising indeed and will only get better. Very happy to know that he can step up if needed and be competent in a very challenging position. Still feel we need another CDM in this window (N'Zonzi please!) but great to know we have a very promising player in Amartey! 

18 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I actually thought he looked really quite confident on the ball. Seemed to always know who he was going to give it to before he got it.

It was an ideal game for him to come into. We had the bulk of the possession and weren't put under too much pressure.

Let's see how composed he is when we are playing one of the top sides. If he remains calm and passes well against those sides, we really do have a player on our hands. 

On 30/8/2016 at 07:37, STUHILL said:

Finally got around to watching Amartey's highlights. Probably a bit like seeing a film after reading all the hype.. I thought he looked good but most of it was very basic short passes and he didn't really do anything with it or hold the ball for any amount of time or make any runs with it but, a solid performance from what I saw and you can see his strength and pace will be a real asset in the middle. He will probably have to become a little more dynamic to retain a starting place but at 21, he looks very promising indeed and will only get better. Very happy to know that he can step up if needed and be competent in a very challenging position. Still feel we need another CDM in this window (N'Zonzi please!) but great to know we have a very promising player in Amartey!

It wasn't scintillating, but it was a solid performance with few losses in possession and good cover for the defence which is what Kanté gave and what we need. He will not be driving the ball forward like Kanté did, nor will he swing the flow of the game as quickly as he did, but he showed he was able to mix up his passing between playing simple, safe balls sideways and backwards and playing forward passes, most notably for the goal in which his role was pivotal. So I echo your sentiments that he looks promising and could well emerge as the main man next to Drinky.

With a 21-year old we know we have to be patient though as they rarely perform consistently well.

46 minutes ago, shen said:

With a 21-year old we know we have to be patient though as they rarely perform consistently well.

Perhaps the best point in the thread.

Danish fans certainly rate him.

I'll be great to get behind him. He could end up being a huge lcfc player.

Archived