Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

dixon hit the nail on the head when he said all the big teams had settled sides going into this tourney but roy was still tinkering with one game to go lol

Make no bones about it..the size of this fook up is monumental. Far from Hodgson resigning (with no hint on ANY sort of apology) he should be banged up for fraud.

5 mill a year for THAT!

Is the FA still partly funded by taxpayers money? If so, I demand a refund.

How can an international manager who's side were unbeaten in Qualifying go into a major tournament not knowing what his first 11 is changing sides that played well and looked promising how could he choose players injured with lack of playing time over players who have performed so well all season?

Five players on that pitch last night were spurs players most were awful how could he keep Vards on the bench for so long when Kane looked knackered ?

This tournament has been inept of any organisational quality what so ever and now those dinosaurs at The FA have a huge task in picking hodgsons successor and no doubt will probably get it wrong again !

What ever happens now is we need to try and bring pride back into players who pull on the 3 lions jersey and surely there is a keeper better than Hart or calamity Hart as he is so fondly named?

We must have a young English keeper who can step up and save us from Harts disastrous performances and stop bringing in inept players from the so called big LONDON teams how Hodgson left Drinky or Noble even Albrighton over injured players with about the same game time almost ZERO over players consistently delivering excellent performances ?

And as for mr lazy Sturridge who seems to want to walk the ball into The penalty are rather than pass was another waste of a selection !!

Well it's two years to The World Cup in Russia( God help us!) we can now get someone in to bring back the desire,fighting spirit and the will to play for their country make the England selection an honour not for being paid to play !

Let's just see now what unveils over the next few days weeks etc trying to keep faith with the FA is difficult but let's try hopefully things can only get better fingers crossed .

At least pundits on the TV are now being vocal about us taking players that have barely played this season or have been injured. I can't see that happening again any time soon.

Haha it will be exactly the same next tourney, players often picked for sponsorship reasons these days. It's all about the money

Bilic is a great shout, doubt he'd leave WHU though

he would be my first choice, young and passionate, knows the English game well as he has played and managed in it also has international management experiences with Croatia.

if the job was offered to him i think it would be to much money for him to turn it down but can't see the English FA offering it to him sadly.

Vardy could still go to the World Cup, at 32 that's not too old it just depends if his legs have gone.

He'll be fine in 2 years, just depends on who's in charge by then. Another puppet/muppet like Hodgson and Vardy will be back of the line regardless of how he performs for us between now and then

I'd still prefer an Englishman to manage our team....can't go with Shearers choice of Ferdinand though. Weller's shout of Eddie Howe is a good long term option, but would never happen as he'll not pick "establishment" players. I'll never work out why Drinkwater wasn't on the team's plane....a costly error of omission.

I can't bring myself to wish Roy well for the future, and I will never understand why he was still in charge after the last World Cup fiasco. Good riddance cnut.

I'd still prefer an Englishman to manage our team....can't go with Shearers choice of Ferdinand though. Weller's shout of Eddie Howe is a good long term option, but would never happen as he'll not pick "establishment" players. I'll never work out why Drinkwater wasn't on the team's plane....a costly error of omission.

I can't bring myself to wish Roy well for the future, and I will never understand why he was still in charge after the last World Cup fiasco. Good riddance cnut.

Great post.

I take my previous comment back - it is all Roy's fault.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Was going to say, do not cut Woy any slack. It's completely his fault for our failure at this tournement and I'm glad the clueless moron has been sacked.

How can an international manager who's side were unbeaten in Qualifying go into a major tournament not knowing what his first 11 is changing sides that played well and looked promising how could he choose players injured with lack of playing time over players who have performed so well all season?

Five players on that pitch last night were spurs players most were awful how could he keep Vards on the bench for so long when Kane looked knackered ?

This tournament has been inept of any organisational quality what so ever and now those dinosaurs at The FA have a huge task in picking hodgsons successor and no doubt will probably get it wrong again !

What ever happens now is we need to try and bring pride back into players who pull on the 3 lions jersey and surely there is a keeper better than Hart or calamity Hart as he is so fondly named?

We must have a young English keeper who can step up and save us from Harts disastrous performances and stop bringing in inept players from the so called big LONDON teams how Hodgson left Drinky or Noble even Albrighton over injured players with about the same game time almost ZERO over players consistently delivering excellent performances ?

And as for mr lazy Sturridge who seems to want to walk the ball into The penalty are rather than pass was another waste of a selection !!

Well it's two years to The World Cup in Russia( God help us!) we can now get someone in to bring back the desire,fighting spirit and the will to play for their country make the England selection an honour not for being paid to play !

Let's just see now what unveils over the next few days weeks etc trying to keep faith with the FA is difficult but let's try hopefully things can only get better fingers crossed .

Sums it up for me.

Though I wouldnt like some , go after Kane or Ali, their teams end of season run drained them

mentally, you could see it in their play.Their bodies couldnt translate quick enough what

their minds wanted them to create. Neither Kane nor Vardy when playing in this tournament,

recieved any decent service and not one simple pass.

Lack of system or basic plan, destroyed confidence and any advantage we had created

before the tournament.

I reckon its time to put all threads on england/Vardy euro can be closed.

Nothing more to say or read on Hodgson or England...the parrot is dead ...deceased

Lets either return to topics of our beloved Leicester.

or Follow euros on its standard thread.

As much as we dislike Spurs after last season's antics, the players that underperformed during this Euro campaign are all very good players for their respective clubs.

For me, the blame for this lies entirely with the coaching staff. As most of the pundits have said, they seemed bereft of any kind of plan. There was no organisation and certainly no real shape for structure to the formation. The way Sturridge wandered all over the place being a case in point. 

Having your main centre forward taking all of the set pieces was also ridiculous. He may have a decent shot on him but are you seriously telling me that some of those midfielders can't put a ball into the box?

The players certainly didn't help themselves in the Iceland game with some dreadful errors but I think these were down to confidence issues. Which, again this is only my opinion, comes from them being inappropriately prepared beforehand.

As for squad selection...

Archived