Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Would love it if it's 0-0 & vards comes on for an ineffective Kane and scores the winner. At the end Woy goes over to vards to shake his hand, and Jamie refuses to acknowledge him and walks away.

Thought Lallana has played well so far.

I've got to agree. He takes some stick sometimes, but he's actually been one of our better players this tournament. To drop him now and put Sterling back in just seems madness.

Lallana is injured, which is a shame, he's up there with Rooney and Walker as England's top performers

I'm not concerned about Lallana not playing. I've said before, I don't really know what 'type' of player he is? He doesn't score enough for an attack minded midfielder, his assists record isn't brill either and of course he possesses little midfield steel.

Of more concern to me is what the baggy eyed sod's plan is to break down a stubborn Iceland defence? I'm assuming getting it into wide positions for Sterling to run at the full back and deliver in to Kane? Or summat?

We've seen that ain't worked already. We have the players to comfortably win this game. But we have the manager, I fear, to fook it up.

We'll see.

Vardy wouldn't probably be right for this game, but I'd still play him purely because he can do something from nothing.

I wouldn't mind losing to Iceland tonight, purely so that clueless, arrogant **** can lose his job.

Lallana is injured, which is a shame, he's up there with Rooney and Walker as England's top performers

You joking. Lallana has been average, that's all. Because he is an average player. I've never seen one player waste so many chances. Lampard or Gerrard would've converted at least one of the chances Lallana wasted against Slovakia. 

He doesn't score enough goals to justify be labelled an "attacking midfielder" yet he's not quick enough to play wide. 

Can't help but laugh that we've taken one completely dire, out of form, out of confidence winger only to stick with a 4-3-3 lol

It is utterly perplexing. After such a long time at the helm, there is no excuse for Roy Hodgson not to know his strongest squad, let alone formation and starting XI.

Yes it seems JV will be on the bench tonight.

Suddenly, Kane and Sturridge and Sterling have hit form.

JV didn't play too badly against Slovakia, it was Sturridge who was lazy and the rest of team who were wasteful. Shooting from improbable angles and long distances.

Is it me but did his fellow players hardly pass to JV?

It is utterly perplexing. After such a long time at the helm, there is no excuse for Roy Hodgson not to know his strongest squad, let alone formation and starting XI.

I guess you can turn this on its head. There is an argument to say you play your right players to win a particular match and that changing them around might be the right thing to do. At risk of FT wrath, a good example of this is France taking off Kante at half time yesterday, to replace him with a more attacking midfielder. Kante had been booked and the formation wasn't working for them.

The problem with Woy is I've got no faith he's doing this for this reason. I simply think he just doesn't know what his 'best team' is?

It's just Hodgson I'm afraid. Even now I just don't like him, don't rate him and have little faith in him. Maybe that's harsh but it's how I feel.

I guess you can turn this on its head. There is an argument to say you play your right players to win a particular match and that changing them around might be the right thing to do. At risk of FT wrath, a good example of this is France taking off Kante at half time yesterday, to replace him with a more attacking midfielder. Kante had been booked and the formation wasn't working for them.

The problem with Woy is I've got no faith he's doing this for this reason. I simply think he just doesn't know what his 'best team' is?

It's just Hodgson I'm afraid. Even now I just don't like him, don't rate him and have little faith in him. Maybe that's harsh but it's how I feel.

You're definitely not the only one!

I'm glad Vardy is on the bench tonight. The game clearly wont be suited to his style. Iceland will put 11 men behind the ball and he'd hardly get a touch. It's a great time to rest him for the next game which is gonna probably be against France where he'll get to use his pace.

Don't understand the 4-3-3 though. It's a Kane and Rooney up front job for me. Maybe Sturridge instead of Kane. 

My point exactly. He's had a major tournament and two qualifying tournaments to find out his strongest formation and players. Sure, you can forgive him for selecting the wrong players at his disposal for the first game in the tournament (without touching on his squad selection, which is atrocious giving the system he has the team playing), but he starts with virtually the same lineup against Wales and it fails again. He's had so many opportunities to find his best XI yet performances are nearly always disjointed. It's just inexcusable.

Dont think Vardy wil be very effective to be honest.  Would personally start Sturridge, Kane and Lallana as an attacking trio, hopefully go 1-0 up and bring Vardy on around 55-60th minute when Iceland need to score.

These are going out to defend, so use Vardy when they need to push up and score.

Roy wants wide players so ofcourse he uses Sterling and Sturridge. 

We've literally won the league with wide players this year, even Gray has offered more this year than Stering and Vardy benched for no reason.

Archived