Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

16 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Blimey! £440k :o

Try this 

No garden other than a space for a bistro table - two up two down

all yours for £350k

very pretty though!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79692606?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard

Edited by Wolfox
  • Haha 1

On 30/04/2021 at 12:03, Footballwipe said:

In today's edition of "How is that house worth that much?" we move to New Lubbesthorpe (again). Redrow are now building their first houses on site.

For just £424,000 you could get yourself a brand new terrace home.

Yep, Terrace. Yep, £424,000.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106053614#/

I've just checked this.  The price is indeed 76k below half a million for a terraced house.  Unfortunately, there will be someone out there daft enough to pay it so I can't see these house builders dropping prices while people are mad enough to pay it in the first place.  Lots of people doing extensions to houses at the moment round me.  Far more cost effective, extending houses where the benefit is most appreciated, on the ground floor, and not on a third floor stuck up in the roof just to obtain a bigger bedroom whilst the main living area is tight and cramp downstairs with 4 flagstones outside to constitute a modern garden.  

The pictures of the kitchen also made me laugh.  Granite worktops yet fitted with a stainless steel sink lol  All flash to sell, but will last no longer than 5 years before needing to be replaced.

On 05/05/2021 at 21:11, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t but brokers can be a bit shit at the best of times so I’d be a bit worried with them being fee free. Presume it’s a big company?

I was meaning the likes of London and Country, Habito etc. 

1 hour ago, me_plus_one said:

I was meaning the likes of London and Country, Habito etc. 

I thought Habito. Bizarrely they are one of the only ones I know of purely because I would try to call them at work and they were the only company that’s phone system stopped me from speaking to a person.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Try this 

No garden other than a space for a bistro table - two up two down

all yours for £350k

very pretty though!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/79692606?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard

The whole road is bonkers. A 3 bed terrace the other side of that sold for 475 the end of last year, with a Maserati parked outside now (or nearish, obviously no parking!). A 4 bed house opposite me sold for 900 a few years ago, it’s probably worth about 1.2m based on recently sold/asking prices. 

26 minutes ago, danny. said:

The whole road is bonkers. A 3 bed terrace the other side of that sold for 475 the end of last year, with a Maserati parked outside now (or nearish, obviously no parking!). A 4 bed house opposite me sold for 900 a few years ago, it’s probably worth about 1.2m based on recently sold/asking prices. 

Yep…. It also has Britain’s smallest detached on Goldhill going for crazy cash!

You live on KCR i take it?  It’s a lovely road but some of the prices are quite ‘funky’ !  You must be loving it if your sat in a property!

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would love to live down Knighton Church Road to be fair. Was looking a few months ago but probably not the right time for me.

I'm not at all familiar with the area but have had a quick trip along on Google street view. Nothing evidently special about the road or houses, nothing unique, certainly no different to many streets. Why is it so expensive?

Edited by FoyleFox

**** me the prices of those houses in Knighton. I know they were pricey but 440k for an unfurbished terrace house is crazy money. 

Don't think my house in Braunstone Town will be getting to that price any time soon lollol

19 minutes ago, Christoph said:

**** me the prices of those houses in Knighton. I know they were pricey but 440k for an unfurbished terrace house is crazy money. 

Don't think my house in Braunstone Town will be getting to that price any time soon lollol

440K buys Braunstone Leisure Centre

• Haha 1

Had our mortgage approved! Even that was a bastard of a battle due to me previously being on furlough and girlfriend on a temporary contract, but thank **** for that. We would be more than comfortable with the finances, but are jumping through hoops for Natwest for box-ticking. 

20 houses viewed, 4 offers, 2 accepted (1 later gazumped) and even if this house goes tits up, at least we can get a mortgage.

Finally can get things moving properly.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm not at all familiar with the area but have had a quick trip along on Google street view. Nothing evidently special about the road or houses, nothing unique, certainly no different to many streets. Why is it so expensive?

It’s walking distance to town but pretty quiet, old houses with character etc.

22 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s walking distance to town but pretty quiet, old houses with character etc.

Surely there are dozens of streets that description applies to but without the same prices. Houses looked pleasant enough, but they're nothing special.

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Surely there are dozens of streets that description applies to but without the same prices. Houses looked pleasant enough, but they're nothing special.

Yeah there are but they are all around Stoney gate, KCR area so it’s a small market with a lot of demand.

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

They're all expensive around there to be fair. It's a lovely area filled with character and charm. If I was going to spend the rest of my life here in Leicester I'd live there or Clarendon Park. I've been working on Howard Road lately and the houses near Queens Road are beautiful. 

Edited by Soup

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah there are but they are all around Stoney gate, KCR area so it’s a small market with a lot of demand.

Time to ‘fess up…. I live on KCR…

10 mins to walk to Allandale…. My son works at the Classroom and it’s such a nice boozer with lots of real ale and one of the best beer gardens…. I spent a whole afternoon there with my mate last weekend and will be back tomorrow with my wife and some friends…

20 mins walk to Queens rd…. Was sat outside skylark bakery last week enjoying a coffee and one of the nicest sandwiches you’re ever liable to eat

35 mins walk to town 

Architecturally it’s a really interesting road…. A mish mash of houses from late 19th century to 30’s with a couple of modern ones thrown in…. Terraced, semi and detached….  The Victorian semis in the middle section are stunning…. And they all have reasonable gardens too…

Nice community- already had a piss up with neighbours already…. They do all the foodbank stuff too which is great…. The WhatsApp group is a little random!

I’m far being rockafella…. Just brought first in the 90’s and got very very lucky with an offer and deal…

if you do move round here…. Come round to my garden for a beer anytime mate!

oh…. And I can walk to the KP

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

10 mins to walk to Allandale…. My son works at the Classroom and it’s such a nice boozer with lots of real ale and one of the best beer gardens…. I spent a whole afternoon there with my mate last weekend and will be back tomorrow with my wife and some friends…

20 mins walk to Queens rd…. Was sat outside skylark bakery last week enjoying a coffee and one of the nicest sandwiches you’re ever liable to eat

35 mins walk to town 

Architecturally it’s a really interesting road…. A mish mash of houses from late 19th century to 30’s with a couple of modern ones thrown in…. Terraced, semi and detached….  The Victorian semis in the middle section are stunning…. And they all have reasonable gardens too…

Nice community- already had a piss up with neighbours already…. They do all the foodbank stuff too which is great…. The WhatsApp group is a little random!

I’m far being rockafella…. Just brought first in the 90’s and got very very lucky with an offer and deal…

Haha presumed you did to be fair. It’s a great area and I’ve been close a few times despite the prices.

it’s the proximity to town and queens road yet feeling well outside the centre which interests me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Yep…. It also has Britain’s smallest detached on Goldhill going for crazy cash!

You live on KCR i take it?  It’s a lovely road but some of the prices are quite ‘funky’ !  You must be loving it if your sat in a property!

Yea, and somehow our 6 bed with a drive/garage cost 400 2 years ago, I actually thought it was really overpriced at the time but we'd been gazumped and there wasn't much else on the market in the area. A 3 bed semi (no parking) just down the road has now got a sold sign on, that was on for 525 last time I looked!

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Architecturally it’s a really interesting road…. A mish mash of houses from late 19th century to 30’s with a couple of modern ones thrown in…. Terraced, semi and detached….  The Victorian semis in the middle section are stunning….

"Eclectic Edwardian" if you're taking about the row that is opposite the Orchard, they were built during WW1 - the decor is a bit of a mash up between Edwardian, Victorian and Art Deco.

13 hours ago, danny. said:

"Eclectic Edwardian" if you're taking about the row that is opposite the Orchard, they were built during WW1 - the decor is a bit of a mash up between Edwardian, Victorian and Art Deco.

Ah…. Just had another look this morning walking the dogs….  You’re not wrong!

Mine was 1915 too…. And is the same ‘eclectic Edwardian’ mash up…. The picture rails and skirts are definitely Art Deco and it has Victorian 4 panel pine doors...

I just need to reinstate the sash windows to the front and it’ll look sharp - need to save my pennies!

Basically my house must’ve been built by conchies or old men!!!

6 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Ah…. Just had another look this morning walking the dogs….  You’re not wrong!

Mine was 1915 too…. And is the same ‘eclectic Edwardian’ mash up…. The picture rails and skirts are definitely Art Deco and it has Victorian 4 panel pine doors...

I just need to reinstate the sash windows to the front and it’ll look sharp - need to save my pennies!

Basically my house must’ve been built by conchies or old men!!!

Yea that isn't cheap - about 4-5k for restoration for 3 windows. I think we'll go for Residence instead as I can't be bothered with the upkeep of wood but they are also crazy expensive.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wolfox said:

35 mins walk to town 

I think because I'm not a City person I don't appreciate all of these things and why you'd pay such a premium for a property smaller than one elsewhere for the same price, or the same type of property elsewhere but significantly less expensive but as they say it's Location, Location, Location :D

Our new place (when we eventually get moving :huh:) is right on the edge of Whitwick, bordering a woodland, and I'm slightly concerned about moving to a place that 'big' and urban.

On 05/05/2021 at 22:36, Izzy said:

Bollocks to moving house atm, the markets mental.

We're desperate for something bigger but down here the prices are taking the absolute piss.

Fvck having a massive mortgage and working until I'm 72. We'll have to stay put and live in each others pockets for the next 9 years until I pay the fvcker off and retire at 57 instead.

Agree with the house prices being mad. We just bit the bullet and went for it. Was looking for land for about 3 years to self build and then just thought fvck it...can't hang around waiting forever. 

Anyway, what d'you want to retire for, mate?! 

What would you do all day?