Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

3 hours ago, Adster said:

Not sure if you've got any further but would definitely recommend Hinckley. Lived there all my life and bought our first house there 4 years ago. Town centre has improved massively over the last few years too. 

I'd recommend the Hollycroft Estate as most parts in there are really nice and peaceful. 

Hope your search goes well. We're just starting to look into buying a new house and selling our old one and had our first mortgage call today. 

Market really is ridiculous. Was absolutely astounded when I was told by a number of estate agents it's likely our 2-bed semi will fetch well over £35,000 more than we paid for it 4 years ago. 

Presumably the place you will buy will have also risen by a similar sum.

39 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

We've completed :clap:

It's been a trying day, removals were not finished by 1pm deadline, finished at 3.30pm! The buyer, now owner obviously,  had been at the house since 1.30pm ranting and being abusive. Just what we needed, because we naturally weren't pleased either but not sure what they expected us to do! 

But we're done, sat at Belfast port awaiting the ferry, collect the new house keys tomorrow afternoon. Hello again Leicestershire :D:D:D

Welcome home !

• Thanks 1

On 26/05/2021 at 12:42, Leicester_Loyal said:

My searches came back and the plot of land that my house lies in, the red outline that's considered 'mine' looks completely wrong, so I've had to query it. As it appears on there, the 'shared' driveway with my garage at the end of it (and further garden behind it), belongs to the neighbour lol I think it's just a mistake but obviously better to be safe than sorry.

The Land Registry plan is what matters. What does that show ? The search plan is either based upon the LR plan or a rough outline of it by the solicitor/search company - where such mistakes can happen. Ask for the official copies and check that outline. 

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The Land Registry plan is what matters. What does that show ? The search plan is either based upon the LR plan or a rough outline of it by the solicitor/search company - where such mistakes can happen. Ask for the official copies and check that outline. 

That is the LR plan mate, but since writing that original post I've discovered it says 'This title plan shows the general position, not the exact line, of the boundaries. It may be subject to distortions in scale. Measurements scaled from this plan may not match measurements between the same points on the ground. This title is dealt with by the HM Land Registry, Leicester Office', so that might explain why the lines are not correct.

Still waiting for the solicitors to come back, been over 2 weeks now! Even if the lines are inaccurate, I'd still like something written about the shared driveway at the front and to know where my boundary is, incase I ever want to erect a fence or anything like that (not that I think I will).

I'm probably overreacting slightly but just making sure, last thing I want to do is buy a house then realise something majorly wrong, it's the biggest purchase I'll ever make.

However the EA rang yesterday and said once this is sorted, the chain is ready to go, so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer until I get a completion date.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That is the LR plan mate, but since writing that original post I've discovered it says 'This title plan shows the general position, not the exact line, of the boundaries. It may be subject to distortions in scale. Measurements scaled from this plan may not match measurements between the same points on the ground. This title is dealt with by the HM Land Registry, Leicester Office', so that might explain why the lines are not correct.

Still waiting for the solicitors to come back, been over 2 weeks now! Even if the lines are inaccurate, I'd still like something written about the shared driveway at the front and to know where my boundary is, incase I ever want to erect a fence or anything like that (not that I think I will).

I'm probably overreacting slightly but just making sure, last thing I want to do is buy a house then realise something majorly wrong, it's the biggest purchase I'll ever make.

However the EA rang yesterday and said once this is sorted, the chain is ready to go, so hopefully shouldn't be too much longer until I get a completion date.

I don't think you're overreacting, you need to make sure it's right before you go ahead with completion 

On 04/06/2021 at 18:27, FoyleFox said:

We've completed :clap:

It's been a trying day, removals were not finished by 1pm deadline, finished at 3.30pm! The buyer, now owner obviously,  had been at the house since 1.30pm ranting and being abusive. Just what we needed, because we naturally weren't pleased either but not sure what they expected us to do! 

But we're done, sat at Belfast port awaiting the ferry, collect the new house keys tomorrow afternoon. Hello again Leicestershire :D:D:D

And we're here. Keys collected and settled in this afternoon, or as settled as we can be with 2 deck chairs and an inflatable mattress 🤣 

It's been great to really explore the house as with our lockdown viewing it was all very quick glances at things. Fortunately, it's better than we remembered. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You’re certainly not overreacting. While the LR plan may be subject to error, what you say it’s showing to what you think you’re buying is so different you have every right to be concerned. To fix this after completion could be costly and more problematic if the plans accuracy is in fact that, accurate. 

Your solicitors need to be all over this not only for you but for your lender too. I’m sure they are. Will be interesting to know how this pans out. 

ps. Until you get this sorted don’t be rushed by anyone. Including the EA. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

And we're here. Keys collected and settled in this afternoon, or as settled as we can be with 2 deck chairs and an inflatable mattress 🤣 

It's been great to really explore the house as with our lockdown viewing it was all very quick glances at things. Fortunately, it's better than we remembered. 

Well done for remembering the inflatable mattress, we forgot ours and had to sleep on an old bed frame left behind, with no mattress on lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Like others have said you srent overreacting.

On top of the other reasons mentioned, when you come to sell the potential buyers are likely to want it to become crystal clear to avoid any selling issues in the future.

Been in the process since January. House we're buying is probate so no chain there. Flat we're selling going to first time buyer.

Been going very slowly but news of completion date mooted for tomorrow started to come through a couple of weeks ago. Turned out our solicitors weren't quite ready as there was a ground rent receipt required still.

Last night our buyer emailed us directly (email was on a chain he was in), essentially seeing if we could agree a completion date between us and let the solicitors know. We kindly replied to say we're pushing for as soon as possible but it's with our solicitor to get over the final hurdle and then agree a date.

An hour ago we had an email from his solicitor to say he's pulling out. What. The. Fvck.

Still don't know why. I'm absolutely fuming.

We're boxed up and ready to move. Sold our wardrobe on the cheap. Was expecting to move in a couple of weeks.

It doesn't make any sense. Surely this isn't hardball tactics to get us to move quicker?!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Been in the process since January. House we're buying is probate so no chain there. Flat we're selling going to first time buyer.

Been going very slowly but news of completion date mooted for tomorrow started to come through a couple of weeks ago. Turned out our solicitors weren't quite ready as there was a ground rent receipt required still.

Last night our buyer emailed us directly (email was on a chain he was in), essentially seeing if we could agree a completion date between us and let the solicitors know. We kindly replied to say we're pushing for as soon as possible but it's with our solicitor to get over the final hurdle and then agree a date.

An hour ago we had an email from his solicitor to say he's pulling out. What. The. Fvck.

We're boxed up and ready to move. Sold our wardrobe on the cheap. Was expecting to move in a couple of weeks.

It doesn't make any sense. Surely this isn't hardball tactics to get us to move quicker?!

That’s a shocker, you need to find out why for sure.

Someone in work suggesting a bridge loan might be an option to ensure we can still move into the house we're buying. Anyone heard anything about this or been in a similar boat?

Still no news on what the hell is going on with our buyer. If he's pulled out at this point I'm emailing every estate agent in town telling them what happened and advising them not to sell to him. Pr!ck

Edited by Nod.E

I've never used a bridging loan but I know people who have, albeit quite a long time ago. In a similar situation to you, their buyers pulled out at the last minute but they were able to borrow the money to still complete their purchase. 

From what I remember it was pretty restrictive time wise and the interest rate was higher than the mortgage, but it suited them as they didn't lose the house they really wanted to buy.

Definitely worth looking into, probably make it a higher priority than finding a hitman for your buyer, at least for now 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Mate that's awful..I know exactly what you're feeling as we had the same issue back in early January. We were so mad at the time. 

You will get there in the end but I realise that will be no comfort to you today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/06/2021 at 13:21, Nod.E said:

Someone in work suggesting a bridge loan might be an option to ensure we can still move into the house we're buying. Anyone heard anything about this or been in a similar boat?

Still no news on what the hell is going on with our buyer. If he's pulled out at this point I'm emailing every estate agent in town telling them what happened and advising them not to sell to him. Pr!ck

This happened to us once and Its incredibly frustrating. 

I remember sitting down with my wife and discussing what our options were, as we were under pressure from David Wilson, who basically told us they’d pull the plug on us if we didn’t find another buyer ASAP. 

I hope it al gets sorted and they’re just playing hardball. Still doesn’t make it any less frustrating. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah so turns out they have 100% pulled out. Turns out they had been having extensive conversations with councillors about plans for a new high rise building going up in front of our flat. They've blind sided us and the estate agent, especially considering at 5:30pm on Wednesday they were emailing us directly trying to agree a completion date and by 10am Thursday they'd pulled out.

The building site in question has been empty since 2009, we were aware of it before moving in. It has a new buyer of the plans but still no contractor appointed. It's as likely to be built on now as it was in 2009 and in 2017 when we bought it. (The last set of plans ran out of time.) With the current price of supplies and the complexity of construction right by a train line, I can't see it happening, not in the near future at least. 

To put all of this into some perspective, the guy wanted written consent that he'd be allowed a cat in the flat from the management company, despite knowing we have one and it also being clear that it's fine in the management pack.

If it wasn't this building which may go up at some point in the next 10 years (in the city centre, who'd have thought), it would have been something else.

They've just handled it terribly. If someone wants to be worried about a potential building being erected near the flat I can understand the concern to an extent, but you don't wait 6 months and pull out the week before exchange. These are concerns that have evidently (from the email he's sent to our estate agent) been in play for some time. He even mentioned that this is a concern coupled with concerns about the train line that means it's a deal breaker. They have known about the nearby train line the whole time, obviously. 

Just feels like they've put their bid down, waited 6 months to decide if they really want to commit and decided 'nah'.

What a shocking system that allows this to happen. 

Meanwhile the estate agent of the place we were buying believes there's a real chance the seller may not relist and decide instead to do it up themselves. We'll know for sure next week.

There's still potential we start over again and manage to end up in that house, but the overbearing feeling at the moment is that it's not going to happen. What a waste of 6 months, money on surveys etc and stress.

Trying to convince myself it's a blessing in disguise as the house we were buying is a project house which would have consumed our time, effort and money. Who knows, maybe it would have been too much to take on. Maybe it would have cost us more than we were expecting to do up. I'm not particularly spiritual, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be and this happened for a reason. I don't know, but what I do know is that I just want a house.

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Yeah so turns out they have 100% pulled out. Turns out they had been having extensive conversations with councillors about plans for a new high rise building going up in front of our flat. They've blind sided us and the estate agent, especially considering at 5:30pm on Wednesday they were emailing us directly trying to agree a completion date and by 10am Thursday they'd pulled out.

The building site in question has been empty since 2009, we were aware of it before moving in. It has a new buyer of the plans but still no contractor appointed. It's as likely to be built on now as it was in 2009 and in 2017 when we bought it. (The last set of plans ran out of time.) With the current price of supplies and the complexity of construction right by a train line, I can't see it happening, not in the near future at least. 

To put all of this into some perspective, the guy wanted written consent that he'd be allowed a cat in the flat from the management company, despite knowing we have one and it also being clear that it's fine in the management pack.

If it wasn't this building which may go up at some point in the next 10 years (in the city centre, who'd have thought), it would have been something else.

They've just handled it terribly. If someone wants to be worried about a potential building being erected near the flat I can understand the concern to an extent, but you don't wait 6 months and pull out the week before exchange. These are concerns that have evidently (from the email he's sent to our estate agent) been in play for some time. He even mentioned that this is a concern coupled with concerns about the train line that means it's a deal breaker. They have known about the nearby train line the whole time, obviously. 

Just feels like they've put their bid down, waited 6 months to decide if they really want to commit and decided 'nah'.

Meanwhile the estate agent of the place we were buying believes there's a real chance the seller may not relist and decide instead to do it up themselves. We'll know for sure next week.

There's still potential we start over again and manage to end up in that house, but the overbearing feeling at the moment is that it's not going to happen. What a waste of 6 months, money on surveys etc and stress.

Trying to convince myself it's a blessing in disguise as the house we were buying is a project house which would have consumed our time, effort and money. Who knows, maybe it would have been too much to take on. Maybe it would have cost us more than we were expecting to do up. I'm not particularly spiritual, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be and this happened for a reason. I don't know, but what I do know is that I just want a house.

That's shocking. I felt terrible after putting in an offer and then the day later after doing more maths and research deciding it was a bit much and pulling out. But that was literally less than 24 hours later! 

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

That's a nightmare. I can understand how people may have concerns regarding a building plot or similar but surely that's something you'd establish early doors and not put in an offer or proceed with if the surveys declared it. Why would you continue all the way to nearly completing and be chasing completion, then decide it's an issue. Idiots! 

Hopefully it works out for you long term. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2021 at 11:30, Nod.E said:

I know it's their prerogative, but stuff like this is the absolute pits. Do your bloody research before before toying with peoples lives. 

When I was buying my first, we paid for all the solicitors, surveys etc. Only for the seller to decide they are no longer selling about 5 months down the line. 

Surprised there is no recourse or insurance (maybe there is) to protect against costs involved. 

10 hours ago, Nod.E said:

That is absolutely vile. I would be very pissed off, sorry to hear all of this.

Hopefully, a positive for this could be that house prices drop when the stamp duty holiday ends at the end of the month and it all works out.