Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

The whole moving process sucks. 

So much red tape when it comes to renting a condo. It's actually more involved than owning one. 

The actual packing and physical moving part isn't so bad, especially when you're like me, and don't own a lot of stuff lol

I'll just be glad when it's all done :dry:

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

In today's edition of "How is that house worth that much?" we move to New Lubbesthorpe (again). Redrow are now building their first houses on site.

For just £424,000 you could get yourself a brand new terrace home.

Yep, Terrace. Yep, £424,000.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/106053614#/

Nice view too, is that the neighbour's wall?

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

In today's edition of "How is that house worth that much?" we move to New Lubbesthorpe (again). Redrow are now building their first houses on site.

Wow! That's astronomical pricing.

If you'd a £425k budget there are much better houses available than that, surely a typo and it should be £225k.

Edited by FoyleFox

Clearly astronomically priced - but at least Redrow design nice looking houses with a bit of character to them. Too many developers these days who just throw up brick boxes with windows. 

• Like 1

Just now, Manini said:

Clearly astronomically priced - but at least Redrow design nice looking houses with a bit of character to them. Too many developers these days who just throw up brick boxes with windows. 

Agree with this, Redrow are one of the few decent builders these days.

Jelson are comfortably number 1 in quality. Then Bloors and Redrow are decent. Then it gets a bit hit and miss down to by far the worst, Persimmon.

The biggest attraction is the box garden, big enough to keep a rabbit before the RSPCA come in.

Also, the 30 or so ridiculous speed bumps down the main road are a great addition to any estate.

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I think Davidsons and David Wilson aren't too bad either. My area which is Taylor Wimpey isn't the worst, though the choice of brick work has helped that one, otherwise it would be a bit plain Jane here.

Admittedly after further inspection the actual floor space is quite good, and each bedroom has its own en suite. That being said, it's still a terrace house for £425k, which is just mad in the competitive market they're in. (watch them sell in days)

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest attraction is the box garden, big enough to keep a rabbit before the RSPCA come in.

Also, the 30 or so ridiculous speed bumps down the main road are a great addition to any estate.

Speed humps will reduce to 11 in the end as the development progresses. At the minute they're the only thing standing in the way of people doing about 65 on both straights with nothing there. I do think there's probably quite a lot, but I can see why they put so many in.

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Jelson are comfortably number 1 in quality

My cousin and Aunty live in Jelson’s and confirm this to be true. 

Persimmon are known to be bad. I think they only got a 3* rating on the NHBC survey’s last year. 

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

David Wilson

Yep, they do a good job of being able to keep up with the times in some respects. Davidson’s also nice. 

I’ve a mate who lives in a Taylor Wimpey and that’s a nicely put together house to be fair. 

Edited by Manini

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

The one in Bagworth :wub:

23 minutes ago, Manini said:

My cousin and Aunty live in Jelson’s and confirm this to be true. 

Persimmon are known to be bad. I think they only got a 3* rating on the NHBC survey’s last year. 

We were in a Jelson new build for 5 years before recently moving and had the same. We bought in June at foundation stage and they said completion in December. We moved the 18th December. Snagging list was minimal, great quality builds etc.

Persimmon have the biggest profit margins, pretty obvious why when you look at build quality. Saving where they can.

30 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Speed humps will reduce to 11 in the end as the development progresses. At the minute they're the only thing standing in the way of people doing about 65 on both straights with nothing there. I do think there's probably quite a lot, but I can see why they put so many in.

The worst thing about the current speed bumps is that they are not made for 30 mph. I have a normal car and used to have to go about 20 mph, some of them 10 mph to get over. Those with low cars have to literally crawl over in first gear. It was dangerous as it got busy and many were overtaking. Not against speed restrictions but they have to be sensible. At least they are being removed as living there and having all that traffic would make it a nightmare.

14 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Finally got keys for my new place today!

Took 5 months and a few days from accepted offer to Completion (empty leasehold property, first time buyer). 

Proper hassle having it go on so long and having to chase various bits and pieces and then the first exchange date falling through the day before, but none of that matters now.

Over the moon! :yahoo:

Great news, mate.

Enjoy your new place :)

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Finally got keys for my new place today!

Took 5 months and a few days from accepted offer to Completion (empty leasehold property, first time buyer). 

Proper hassle having it go on so long and having to chase various bits and pieces and then the first exchange date falling through the day before, but none of that matters now.

Over the moon! :yahoo:

Brilliant news :thumbup:

On 30/04/2021 at 12:03, Footballwipe said:

Thats Redrow mate, charge a premium.

On 04/05/2021 at 12:29, me_plus_one said:

Does anyone have any experience of online fee free brokers. Do they they have any delay more than usual and or downsides? 

I don’t but brokers can be a bit shit at the best of times so I’d be a bit worried with them being fee free. Presume it’s a big company?

Bollocks to moving house atm, the markets mental.

We're desperate for something bigger but down here the prices are taking the absolute piss.

Fvck having a massive mortgage and working until I'm 72. We'll have to stay put and live in each others pockets for the next 9 years until I pay the fvcker off and retire at 57 instead.

• Like 2

On 30/04/2021 at 16:54, FoyleFox said:

Or for £15k more this terrace which needs completely refurbishing - bargain! https://knightsbridge-estates.co.uk/property/knighton-church-road-south-knighton-leicester-11/