Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

29mill

£29m on 4 players is great business in this day as and age. Providing they can do the business too which I'm sure they're capable of.

This.

Better this than 30+ million on just Troy Deeney.

As well as the four signed this summer, remember our two January buys were Gray for £3.7m and Amartey for £6m. All in all I'd say we've been sensible. Bournemouth are spending £15m on Jordan Ibe, a club that on paper shouldn't be spending the same money as the champions, but are. United are spending £100m on one player when they're not even in the Champions League.

Ok... "would be" squad fillers IF we sign them

I just wasn't sure where in a discussion about signing 4 players for £29m against Deeney for £30m that two players we haven't signed come in.

Honestly I think we have done the best business so far in the league.

Ok Man U got Zlatan & the lad from Dortmund. But their wages alone for the year probably cost 29mill lol & Eric Bailly was 30mill aswell right?

So yeh, think we've done the best business so far imo. 4 quality players for 29mill, another great transfer window for us once again.

As well as the four signed this summer, remember our two January buys were Gray for £3.7m and Amartey for £6m. All in all I'd say we've been sensible. Bournemouth are spending £15m on Jordan Ibe, a club that on paper shouldn't be spending the same money as the champions, but are. United are spending £100m on one player when they're not even in the Champions League.

Bournemouth should spend some £m making a bigger shoebox to play in.

The difference is Taylor would have spent £29 million on Matt Derbyshire, Leo Fortune-West and Gary Hooper

Errr don't forget Junior Lewis

Mods should issue you a warning for that, anyone who watched him in a City has been trying to forget it :ph34r:

Honestly I think we have done the best business so far in the league.

Ok Man U got Zlatan & the lad from Dortmund. But their wages alone for the year probably cost 29mill lol & Eric Bailly was 30mill aswell right?

So yeh, think we've done the best business so far imo. 4 quality players for 29mill, another great transfer window for us once again.

It looks like we've again done some great business. All the signings 'make sense' at least on paper and we've not paid a massive amount for any of them

Regardless of how much we paid for who, if anyone had said at the end of last season that we would get Musa, Hernandez, Mendy and Zieler for 29 million, we'd of all thought that was an absolute steal.  Thats only just over half the price Man City paid alone for Sterling, for four players.

Regardless of how much we paid for who, if anyone had said at the end of last season that we would get Musa, Hernandez, Mendy and Zieler for 29 million, we'd of all thought that was an absolute steal.  Thats only just over half the price Man City paid alone for Sterling, for four players.

That's very true, but that clown has got to go.  It's freaking me out!

Regardless of how much we paid for who, if anyone had said at the end of last season that we would get Musa, Hernandez, Mendy and Zieler for 29 million, we'd of all thought that was an absolute steal. Thats only just over half the price Man City paid alone for Sterling, for four players.

I get your point. But had any of us heard of hernandez and zieler?

No honestly.

What's your point?

Had you heard of Mahrez?

Had you heard of Kante?

No and that's my point in Jan it looked like we where paying 20 plus for musa.

The money is irrelevant if the players for the bill.

But can you tell me most on here knew of a player in a side in la Liga that struggled and Germanys 3rd choice keeper.

Let's be honest past Manuel most couldn't

I keep telling you all, Our unknowns are again going to embarrass, the clubs buying these 'supernames'.

Spurs, Liverpool (so far) and ourselves, will end up the happier clubs.

If Arsenal and Man.city cant ditch their injury gremlins, they will be struggling again

to lay claim to any expected rights.

Manu and jose, there is a massive ethos and character change for the great club,

no predictions, but more than Man.city, its going to be very interesting.

Burnley I see being alot stronger, but still might not be sufficient to keep out

of trouble.

Archived