Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

29mill

we are in the champions league, we won the premier league. the amount of money we are spending has technically scaled up, but we are still spending small amounts compared to what other ucl clubs will be spending.

It would only worry me if it couldn't be scaled down quickly if necessary but for the first time for a while, we have what most want.

we haven't overpaid for anyone (yet)

16mill for musa & 12/13mill for mendy are fair prices imo. not to mention zieler & hernandez are both bargains.

with that in mind, if we overpay for the next couple of signings , I wouldn't worry as our first 4 signings have been great additions at great prices, so it all balances out. Some bargains, some overpriced, as long as we get the personnel ranieri/walsh want it doesn't matter.

29 million right now is the same as about 29 grand in the taylor years. literally nothing. teams like bournemouth are probably gonna outspend us again this summer. if we were spending 290 million this could be a potential issue. as it is, as long as it's not your personal account giving the money away then it's nothing to worry about. 

Yes, 29m would appear to be relative chicken feed by today's standards. It has to be compared with the club's income. Compared with 13/14, this season should be maybe 6 times as much, I gather.

The only problem would occur if longer term high value contracts couldn't be pared back in the event of some catastrophe such as relegation, etc. Surely there would be clauses in contracts for this. In any case, the sort of players we are buying will almost certainly increase in value, and could be sold to avoid financial problems if need be.

We made a £30m profit our first season in the league, so look at it this way. We've not even touched last seasons money for winning the league.

We got an extra £30m prize money for starters last year, we probably budgeted for a bit more than the first year. So let's estimate we spent £15m more, that would give a £45m profit last season. Then you have champions league money for this season, about £30m, and the new TV deal, with a bottom place finish giving us the same amount we got for winning the league.

We'll spend much more in wages, but even a shit season and paying a fair amount more in wages would have to see us making another £30m profit, and that's very conservative. A top 8 finish, with loads more games on TV and you could be looking at a £60m profit.

These are just guess work, based around profits we got the first year, what our wage bill was and was we know we get for prize money, you never know for sure... But as I said months ago, I thought we could do £80m quite easily if we wanted to.

I think we'll keep our powder dry though, save it for steady growth, stadium expansions etc.

We made a £30m profit our first season in the league, so look at it this way. We've not even touched last seasons money for winning the league.

We got an extra £30m prize money for starters last year, we probably budgeted for a bit more than the first year. So let's estimate we spent £15m more, that would give a £45m profit last season. Then you have champions league money for this season, about £30m, and the new TV deal, with a bottom place finish giving us the same amount we got for winning the league.

We'll spend much more in wages, but even a shit season and paying a fair amount more in wages would have to see us making another £30m profit, and that's very conservative. A top 8 finish, with loads more games on TV and you could be looking at a £60m profit.

These are just guess work, based around profits we got the first year, what our wage bill was and was we know we get for prize money, you never know for sure... But as I said months ago, I thought we could do £80m quite easily if we wanted to.

I think we'll keep our powder dry though, save it for steady growth, stadium expansions etc.

Plus the increased merchandising licensing and marketing income and rights which will be massive either to the benefit of the club or KP

Even by my appaling Maths standards 29 mill averaged out over the 4 players is just over 7 million per player which I'd say is fantastic business so far considering the potential quality of each signing.

29m for 4 players is a steal in this market. Man U are about buy buy Pogba and 29m wouldn't even buy his left leg. And let’s be honest 29m on 4 players or 30 on Deeney, we all know which makes better business sense

29 million of 4 players.

And potentially at least 3 of them all have a chance to increase our return. Look at vardy, mahrez and Kante. 8 million in total. Now we are talking about 60 million plus to prize them away. Even with the law of Rudkin lol.

So although the spending is a bit more. 1 or 2 good seasons from musa and mendy. How much do they become worth.

And hernandez is a free. So if he had a good season. We could make money if we wanted.

Stop worrying. This isn't Taylor or Sven spending the money. And our owners will have learnt a lot from the 1st spending spree they embarked on.

I'd have liked Deeney here but 29 million on a player of that age. Knowing you would never get anything back would have worried me more.

Archived