Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc_lass10

Memberships 2016/17 - Details Announced

We have indeed. I'm facing a £95 increase for 2 adults 1 kid. £225 for a chance of an expensive matchday ticket. I expected 10% increase not 70%

To put that in perspective it's 1/3 of two season tickets a kid in the family stand !!!!

That's shocking stuff by the club a real rip off

Threads claiming the FA are ripping people off and this shite is going on

Seriously need to get this raised with the club

On the subject of money grabbing ,Not that many will feel sorry for them , but boxes have gone up between 25 and 40% some of those box holders were with the club in league 1 and now have been forced out by plastic corporates , one holder told me he was being asked to pay nearly 60k including champions league for a box that not long ago cost him under £20k

Like I say few will have sympathy but I think that's terrible loyalty by the club

the membership is literally a con your buying a lottery ticket to be able to have the right to buy the prize.

I was told the boxes literally it's the price of a season for a champions league game.

I don't agree with this pre charging for members unless the ticket disribution is by ballot (like Dortmund do on over subscribed games) or you get a guaranteed ticket for so many games (eg if there's 5k members, you can work out how that spread can work).

Coalville is the place known with Inbreds, not syston!

This old chestnut..... Boring hell. As much as love leicester you'd feel a lot safer walking round coalville than you would leicester. And every corner of the centre isn't full of piss heads and homeless people skag heads. Can we stick to the subject here. And a Good Morning to everybody

This old chestnut..... Boring hell. As much as love leicester you'd feel a lot safer walking round coalville than you would leicester. And every corner of the centre isn't full of piss heads and homeless people skag heads. Can we stick to the subject here. And a Good Morning to everybody

I wasn't comparing anything to Leicester. Bit of banter, but you clearly don't get the joke. I've been to Coalville, you're right it isn't bad, but neither is Syston. Good morning :) let the thread continue...

Having a look again at this and I think we took the "1 in 12 chance" thing a bit too literally. The number of people ahead of the Silver bracket hasn't changed that much, and for the smaller games people won't take all the available tickets. 

What is annoying is the absolute saturation of the Silver bracket. I'm not going to lie, I'm really pissed off people can just rock up and buy a Silver membership and be in effectively the same point in the queue as me. I'm equally pissed off that people who jumped on the Silver bandwagon at the end of last season then moaned when they didn't get an Everton ticket, are in the same place as me. I'm even more pissed off that people who jumped on the bandwagon, bought a silver membership at the end of last season, will now have an equal chance as me to upgrade to Gold.

Silver to Gold applications should only be accepted from people who held their membership from the start of the 2014 season imo and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying that. 

Bearing in mind the increased price and reduced odds of getting a ticket constitutes a double whammy, the club have to think of ways of compensating us. It's in their gift to for example do weekly draws for free tickets/merchandise etc. The last thing they should be doing is alienating us, many of whom would be season ticket holders if we didn't live so far away/ had other commitments. An opportunity for the club here to think outside of the box and act in good faith.

Having a look again at this and I think we took the "1 in 12 chance" thing a bit too literally. The number of people ahead of the Silver bracket hasn't changed that much, and for the smaller games people won't take all the available tickets.

What is annoying is the absolute saturation of the Silver bracket. I'm not going to lie, I'm really pissed off people can just rock up and buy a Silver membership and be in effectively the same point in the queue as me. I'm equally pissed off that people who jumped on the Silver bandwagon at the end of last season then moaned when they didn't get an Everton ticket, are in the same place as me. I'm even more pissed off that people who jumped on the bandwagon, bought a silver membership at the end of last season, will now have an equal chance as me to upgrade to Gold.

Silver to Gold applications should only be accepted from people who held their membership from the start of the 2014 season imo and I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying that.

Totally understand where you're coming from. However, I started with city last season as I thought it would be enough if I was on the ball and it was until April.

Given the odds of us having the season we'd have and the subsequent impact on availability of tickets, at that point in time I still think it was the right decision. I later upgraded to silver and it back fired but that's life. I don't think the gold/silver/city thing was fair to begin with but it's the nature of the beast.

Priority allocated on points based on attendance is the closest thing to fair there could be. There will be people on here who were city members who went to more games last season than some gold, they just chose to take the risk of lower priority for parting with less cash.

It was hard for them to make such a mess of this but they've done it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I was a gold member the first season in the prem and changed to silver last year because there simply wasn't the demand for tickets to justify the gold. Huge mistake as how I am lumped in with all the cling ons from the end of last season and have the same chance as them of getting tickets.

Last season I got tickets to 10 games and the only one I couldn't get was Everton so silver does work but it all depends on how many bandwagoners stick around.

Totally understand where you're coming from. However, I started with city last season as I thought it would be enough if I was on the ball and it was until April.

Given the odds of us having the season we'd have and the subsequent impact on availability of tickets, at that point in time I still think it was the right decision. I later upgraded to silver and it back fired but that's life. I don't think the gold/silver/city thing was fair to begin with but it's the nature of the beast.

Priority allocated on points based on attendance is the closest thing to fair there could be. There will be people on here who were city members who went to more games last season than some gold, they just chose to take the risk of lower priority for parting with less cash.

It was hard for them to make such a mess of this but they've done it.

Me and Steve almost got City memberships, I think it was only at the last minute we decided to 'play it a bit safe' and get Silvers. They should have bumped the original members up a notch imo, so original Silvers got lumped in with original Golds, City moved up to Silver. That would have given at least some recognition to people that were in the system from the start, and newbies should be at the back of the queue, again, I don't think that's unreasonable. 

Oh and the jump in price is disgusting, STs get a freeze and members get shafted, they'll no doubt up the prices of match tickets again as well. 

Me and Steve almost got City memberships, I think it was only at the last minute we decided to 'play it a bit safe' and get Silvers. They should have bumped the original members up a notch imo, so original Silvers got lumped in with original Golds, City moved up to Silver. That would have given at least some recognition to people that were in the system from the start, and newbies should be at the back of the queue, again, I don't think that's unreasonable. 

Oh and the jump in price is disgusting, STs get a freeze and members get shafted, they'll no doubt up the prices of match tickets again as well. 

hopefully with the TV money the ticket prices go down. hopefully. 

Archived