Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

19 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This is tin foil hat stuff.

You can support video reffing without thinking that it's absence is a London-centric conspiracy.

Sigh.

I'd much rather you came up with a sound reason for not using the technology rather than try to convince me of man's sound judgement and universal incorruptibility because I've no faith in either. With the Premiership headquarters not much further than a decent teeshot from Arsenal or from Tottenham where Leicester were disgracefully denied a Cup win last season I'll take a lot of convincing when it comes to a commitment to fairness and a lack of bias towards teams from the capital.        

12 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Yep...  (Grew up near Highbury - going to football matches re the best memories she has of her Dad - (oops - edited: her Mum be in prison for killing her Dad (found out he was a pedo (but not with his daughter)))

Wait what, is this real? That could be a film.

11 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Yep...  (Grew up near Highbury - going to football matches re the best memories she has of her Dad - (oops - edited: her Mum be in prison for killing her Dad (found out he was a pedo (but not with his daughter)))

:blink:

6 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Wait what, is this real? That could be a film.

It made the local news at the time, but since the pedophile ring had left the news by then it kinda petered out...  (EDIT: Apparently she's hoping her Mum will get out at some point soon - (it's been 30 years))  (Her punishment was so severe because it was fully and purely pre-meditated and she never once got in touch with the authorities about him...)

3 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I'd much rather you came up with a sound reason for not using the technology rather than try to convince me of man's sound judgement and universal incorruptibility because I've no faith in either. With the Premiership headquarters not much further than a decent teeshot from Arsenal or from Tottenham where Leicester were disgracefully denied a Cup win last season I'll take a lot of convincing when it comes to a commitment to fairness and a lack of bias towards teams from the capital.        

I was as gutted as anyone when City went out, but I put it down to bungling incompetence rather than a pro-London conspiracy.

Your suggestion that there is bias towards London clubs because the FA headquarters are nearer is laughable.

How did Man Utd and Man City win all those trophies?

How come Millwall, Charlton Athletic, Fulham, Leyton Orient and QPR don't see any of this bias and displace "further away" teams? :blink:

Give over.

Defeat on penalties for the arse would be delicious...crush their weak spirits in time for Wednesday and then the coup de grace to Wenger's reign...5-0 defeat next weekend at the lane.

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I hate Arsenal, but Man City's fans really seem to resent our title and CL success- be nice if they could both lose today.

Met loads of genuine Man City fans at the Etihad last season and they were full of support and praise before and after the game. Couldn't be more different to the Arsenal and Spurs fans.

The 2016-17 Emirates FA Cup is set to feature the introduction of a fourth substitute for the quarter finals, semi-finals and Final.

World football’s law-making-body IFAB is carrying out a global study into a proposal that would allow teams to make a fourth replacement during extra time. 

And subject to IFAB approval, The FA will play a lead role in testing to introduce this innovation for the closing stages of this season’s Cup.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I was as gutted as anyone when City went out, but I put it down to bungling incompetence rather than a pro-London conspiracy.

Your suggestion that there is bias towards London clubs because the FA headquarters are nearer is laughable.

How did Man Utd and Man City win all those trophies?

How come Millwall, Charlton Athletic, Fulham, Leyton Orient and QPR don't see any of this bias and displace "further away" teams? :blink:

Give over.

the big Manchester clubs do benefit at times. There are several factors which benefit them - the strong media presence in London and Manchester, London being the national hub of football, big crowd reaction, greater familiarity with the best officials and so on.  The lesser clubs you mention don't benefit from those factors in general, just the big clubs.

You talk of "bungling incompetence" but, at the level we're talking about, these guys are more strongly assessed for competence than any so I'm not convinced of that excuse.

Fear/uncertainty might creep in when an Arsenal or Spurs player appeals (as today and with the Leicester incident I mentioned) but both those instances related to something that couldn't be seen as happening because it simply didn't happen in the way that would have justified the decision made.

Therefore, either the referee/officials reacted to and had been influenced by an appeal (wrong or we might as well have the players refereeing) ,  by the crowd's reaction (wrong or we might as well have the fans refereeing) or they guessed (wrongly because guessing is not fair or an option) yet, in all three cases (or anything else like being biased or worse) the technology would decide fairly and, usually, conclusively .

I ask again (or you or anyone else)  what's wrong with using the technology?             

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

I ask again (or you or anyone else)  what's wrong with using the technology?             

On the conspiracy stuff I think we will not be able to agree and I leave those reading our posts to make their own minds up.

On the video evidence theme, I fully support it. 

It might stop people crying "conspiracy" when decisions go against them.  :thumbup:

Archived