Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

What is it with some fans wanting to fight with anyone? 

Today we had 2 guys wanting to fight with fellow leicester fans (and 1 had his daughter with him).

Why can't we all just enjoy the occasion and have a good day, I'm pretty pissed that I also had a fight with another so called leicester fan in Wembley stadium. 

I've taken my dad for a day out and people feel the need to kick off at being asked to sit down so he can  see the game. 

I'd like to swear at these people but I'm sure the words wold be blanked out. 

When Utd scored a bloke a few rows in front of us just jumped up and celebrated and turned towards us all singing United! I thought it was going to kick off with him then and one bloke had a go before deciding to walk down to the stewards and they kicked the United fan out

These were leicester fans starting on leicester fans. 

It happened a few seats across too.

Block 115. I was disgusted, my brothers wife that was with us was scared like thinking she would be harmed. It's hard to calm a woman down who's worried  if my wife who's pregnant was there I'd have been even more angry. I just think it's disgusting that anyone in with their own fans can be scared for their safety. My dad's in his 60s and doesn't need extra Stress. 

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

Some bloke in block 509 started on this guy for standing up. Baffles me how idiots think fighting will resolve it instead of simply asking them to sit down.

It's when people are asked to sit down and kick off that bugs me. My dad can't stand for 90 mins and neither can my brothers wife, why not accept that not everyone wants to stand? I'm proper angry at these people tonight. Sorry to all those that stand and sit when asked, but when fans threaten people asking others to sit I lose my temper. Supposed to support 1 team. 

Didn't see any fighting near us. Although it could have kicked off when some guy got very annoyed cos he thought fans around him weren't doing enough to make an atmosphere or getting behind the team.

It really annoyed me that there were 4 guys sitting near us who did fvck all when we scored. So they were either Utd fans or given tickets and don't have any affinity towards Leicester. It frustrated me because it deprived actual fans who wanted to be there but couldn't.

Why is it people think that standing makes you a true fan? I am leicester through and through as is my brother, my dad and my sister in law but we like to sit and watch the game. This makes us lesser fans than those that stand? I don't understand, we all jump and scream when we score,  join in the chants but because we like to sit and watch we are lesser fans? Bloody annoying  sorry for the rant. 

if you were down the front and didnt wanna stand then get tickets in the top tier tbh. not condonding any actions of those above but if you dont want your day ruined by people standing infront of you, others dont want there's ruined by being made to sit down. Works both ways i reckon. 

Again, not saying the OP was in the wrong at all. I wouldnt stand if those behind me couldn't/didn't want to do it for the 90, just gotta smart with where you get your seats

Had a great day and thankfully witnessed none of the above! A young bloke directly in front of me was getting excitable and saying all should stand not sit etc, had a quiet word with him explaining woman and young kid behind me and my lad so couldn't stand and he was good as gold and sat down! 

We saw it too

As far as I could tell it was about two things...people nicking shirts (already discussed) and people standing up in front of others who didn't want to or maybe couldn't. We were near a row of disabled peeps, yet there were those more than happy to stand up right in front of them (when they clearly found it hard to). 

A couple stood up in front of me, until I politely asked them to sit down as the Mrs is 5 ft nowt and couldn't see shit.

I think they saw on my face that the next request wouldn't have been polite cos they sat down.

Standing up in front of people who don't want to, or can't, is just bang out of order. I'm not surprised though, some of our 'faithful' frankly, are willy pullers.

It really does make me not want to attend live away games anymore. Today, i was only there to see the New Wembley though, as I hadn't been. Next time, I'll be sitting at home, watching it on the box, with a couple of supermarket beers and not having to be bothered by some people who, essentially, aren't far off being Neanderthals.

People have got to be more sensible when selecting their seats. That applies equally to people who want to sit and people who want to stand.

It should be common enough knowledge that the lower tier, specifically the large area behind the goal, almost always stands up. Everywhere else sits down. That being the case you should make every effort to pick your location in the stadium according to your preference. If you find yourself surrounded by people who don't share your preference I don't think you get to complain too much.

I simply think it shows (and continues) to show how much we all need 'safe standing' areas. SIMPLE...those who want to stand, can then stand (I get standing..I always used to stand in the Spion Kop), whilst those who don't want to stand (or can't) can sit and enjoy the football.

Whilst it is how it is, it's ruining the spectacle for some. This argument about 'picking your seat' is bollox too. Not everyone will know where the 'typical standing areas are' (frankly, I don't) or won't be able to get a ticket exactly where they want to be.

Segregation...is the answer. IMO.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I simply think it shows (and continues) to show how much we all need 'safe standing' areas. SIMPLE...those who want to stand, can then stand (I get standing..I always used to stand in the Spion Kop), whilst those who don't want to stand (or can't) can sit and enjoy the football.

Whilst it is how it is, it's ruining the spectacle for some. This argument about 'picking your seat' is bollox too. Not everyone will know where the 'typical standing areas are' (frankly, I don't) or won't be able to get a ticket exactly where they want to be.

Segregation...is the answer. IMO.

Time to write to your MP and the club mate! ;)

Saw two topless pissed up chavs giving it the biggun after the game walking down the ramps. Basically chanting that every other leicester fan was shit apart from them and then something about L1 not turning up because they're shit too. Soon shut their mouths when some bruiser claiming to be from L1 took offence, as did several others. 

We really do have some neanderthal supporters. 

I sat in 120. I stood up when things got exciting, ie a string of threatening attacks or an incorrect decision. But that's just because I'm used to standing at football. However, I literally stood for split seconds as I knew those around me wanted to sit. It's fairly obvious that when there's 27k Leicester fans, the majority would sit. As for people kicking off, everyone was grand round us! I did fall down a few rows when scored though.. Oh yeah, sorry to the bloke in front of me lol

I would have preferred to have stood but had plenty of older fans and young children nearby who naturally wanted to sit and be able to see the game. I think you have to respect the right of those around you and not be aggressive if you don't get your own way however annoyed you might be. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Time to write to your MP and the club mate! ;)

I shan't bother mate...basically because I'm just not bothered enough. As I said, I'll probably steer clear of most away games this season. If today is reflective of some of the 'fans' we've got, I'm happier to be out of it to be honest. I do agree with those above however...the sun (it was bloody hot down our end) coupled with copious amounts of ale, does lower the levels of social inhibition somewhat.

Ive always liked a pint, but have never been a big drinker...some of the beer the kids get through these days is unreal.

Archived