Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

14 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

I left Wembley just after 6pm, didn't get to Toddington Services until nearly 10pm, grabbed some food then finally got home to south Leics about 11.15pm :( 

I left about 7.30pm and went m40 way. Got back in just over 2.5 hours to south Leicester including 2 service stops (1 was too busy so got back in car and other sat and ate) 

m1 was nightmare on the way down so was never attempting it coming back 

Sitting v Standing debate is a tricky one. 

Anyone must understand it from both sides. Today I was mainly sat, I was with my little boy and everyone around me was sitting so for their enjoyment and my own I remained seated which worked well for my son being able to see too. I still fully supported the team although I wasn't always out of my seat. 

Flip side, I've been plenty of games (mainly away) when I've never sat but that's because the whole section I was in remained standing too, of course plenty of supporting going on. 

The only way forward is safe standing! It needs to be introduced to provide better experience for everyone! But currently I think the best way is to just be considerate to the fans around you. If you on your own in a section ruining viewing/experience for others then don't do it, but if your in a large section standing then it's acceptable. 

Standing or or sested you can get behind the team and its not going to improve the team knowing if your standing or not but understand everyone has their preferences on the situation. 

14 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

But then who are you to say how football should be enjoyed? If people pay their money they have a right to enjoy the game in the way they wish which at a minimum means having an unobstructed view. It is awful to say they should be banished to the top tier.

I'd imagine there are lots of fans who are not disabled that struggle to stand all game....children (who may struggle to see even if standing), the elderly and even people which aches and pains that would cause a lot of discomfort.

Singing and joining in is great, I do it and its the way I likle it but let's have some decency towards our fellow fans.

I really hope that you are not blighted by age,illness or circumstance one day for you may see it is not always possible to act as you describe. Moreover a large portion of those that do stand are 30+ and act like they are on a Malia 2004 holiday which is a bit sad really....

3 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

People have got to be more sensible when selecting their seats. That applies equally to people who want to sit and people who want to stand.

It should be common enough knowledge that the lower tier, specifically the large area behind the goal, almost always stands up. Everywhere else sits down. That being the case you should make every effort to pick your location in the stadium according to your preference. If you find yourself surrounded by people who don't share your preference I don't think you get to complain too much.

Thats absolute shite.

There was a guy a couple of rows in front of me to the right in 110 that spent the last fifteen minutes of the first half and the majority of half time bickering with a few people around him because (from what I could gather) he was asked to put his flag down so that they could see. "I'm a passionate Leicester City fan! Home and away! Every game for 30 years! I'll be at Hull next week!" was the beginning and end of his argument as to why he should be able to block people's views with his flag. 

"If you don't want me holding my flag up you aren't real City fans! I'm going to Hull! Home and away for 30 years!"

"I'll be holding it up next week at Hull! Have been doing home and away for 30 years!"

And it went on, and on, and on... And on.. And on. Now, I'm in favour of flags, and credit to the guy with it, despite getting pretty hot-headed the longer it went on, he shook one of the other guy's hands and made his way to the concourse, but it only seems fair that people with flags are considerate. Everyone was standing, so it's not as though his flag was just at his shoulder height to have blocked views, but they'd paid just as much as he had to be at the game.

Didn't see him all second half, but he parted by letting the people he'd argued with that he was just "really passionate" and had been "home and away for 30 years".

Also, I think he might be at Hull next week.

1 hour ago, lcfcben76 said:

I was in 110 and there was a guy who kept holding his flag up, within their right the couple behind asked kindly if he could keep it down as it was blocking their view, he ranted on for the rest of the first half sarcastically apologising every fuc*ing minute then his kid (looked about 8) looked embarrassed and he started to call everyone who doesn't have hull tickets plastic fans and was just starting arguments and getting aggressive suggesting that because he have been a fan for 30 years it means he has a right to obstruct others views and felt like he could be rude, sounds like one of many incidents, sad.

*I should have read the thread before posting above... Ah well. It was this same guy.

3 hours ago, archerm said:

Block 520 I had to stop a fight as someone was making accusations over another stealing the free t-shirts.

absolute embarrassment, one of them was 50+

Aye we on that row about 4 seats away, was pathetic from both but especially the pissed up old fella. 

Just now, Harry - LCFC said:

Care to explain why you think that?

Because you arent anyone to suggest how people should enjoy the game and where they should sit.

If people want to watch the game sat down, its up to them. We have all seater stadiums, technically within the rules we should all be sitting down anyway.

Is everyone supposed to know exactly where a sitting section is going to be in every away ground? What your post was effectively saying was that certain people should sit away from you. Despite paying the same price and going there with the same intention you do.

14 minutes ago, archerm said:

Well for one lots of fans didn't even get to choose their seat, they just put their details in and got allocated one.

I'm struggling to remember what I did when buying mine but the fact there were different prices must have meant people had a choice, surely? If I'm wrong I will withdraw what I said about people needing to be responsible for where they sat yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Donut said:

Because you arent anyone to suggest how people should enjoy the game and where they should sit.

If people want to watch the game sat down, its up to them. We have all seater stadiums, technically within the rules we should all be sitting down anyway.

Is everyone supposed to know exactly where a sitting section is going to be in every away ground? What your post was effectively saying was that certain people should sit away from you. Despite paying the same price and going there with the same intention you do.

I didn't make any comment about how people should enjoy the game. In fact as you can clearly see from my post I was encouraging people to pursue their own preferences. So quite the opposite really.

What my post was effectively saying was actually that, if we're going to have sitters and standers there needs to be 'sections' for each group. That's just out of necessity - if we don't then there will inevitably be conflicts as fans with different preferences would keep ending up together meaning that one would have to give up their preference.

3 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Could you point out to me what you didn't like in my post?

I think a bit more knowledge about these things and a bit of planning ahead would stop these mini-conflicts we hear about and make a lot more people happy.

It's really quite simple, you may not have noticed that these grounds are equipped with seats. This means that those amongst us who are unable to stand through disablement or age, kids who are not as tall as adults etc etc are able to see and enjoy the game that like you they have paid good money to see until some entitled tw*t like you who doesn't give a toss about anyone else decides to stand through the match.

You need to take a good look at yourself and your totally selfish behaviour. Until and unless standing is provided that doesn't affect other people's enjoyment then just sit the **** down!

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

You sir should join the first lot on their way, disgraceful attitude. What the "sitters" got was a really bad experience because of selfish arrogant people like you. Oh and by the way my disabled dad because he is in a minority and idiots like you won't sit down he doesn't get to see the game is "blown out of proportion"?

3 hours ago, jet64 said:

Today was like a throwback to the bad old days but it just made me so THANKFUL of the good people that I sit amongst week in week out at the KP. 

Some TOTAL IDIOT on row 2 block 110 refused to sit down, obscuring the view of children and particularly 2 elderly ladies who even got out of their seat to ask him to sit down as they couldn't see. He ridiculed them by pretending he couldn't hear them (!) and continued to stand and ruin the experience for at least a dozen people behind him.

What is wrong with people like him? Just get a seat at the back FFS or respect your fellow fans and stop being so selfish, 

Grrr

I was in 110 and two elderly ladies behind me asked me to sit down. I ignored them because if I sat down, the guy in front of me would have to sit down because I wouldn't be able to see, then the guy in front of him would have had to sit down and so on until about 20 people have to sit down in an unofficial standing area just because two old dears couldn't do a simple bit of research. They spoke to a steward who couldn't be less arsed as he'd know the disruption he'd cause by taking action. 

Who is really the selfish one in this scenario? 

(I wasn't in row 2 so the guy you're talking about isn't me).

This is one of the most depressing threads I've read in a while. I was gutted I couldn't be there (I'm on holiday abroad) but reading some of these posts I don't really feel I missed out this time. I don't remember any of this kinda talk during or following our precious Wembley trips but maybe that's because we didn't have forums or social media back then. Maybe it's just a reflection on today's society or maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe we just need to introduce safe standing as I've been advocating for years which is a no brainier as far as I'm concerned. 

The standing v sitting is a separate debate, and anyone trying to use it to justify these Neanderthals behaviour wants to have a quiet word with themselves....this is about pissed up youths who have a fascination with 1980's way of following football, yet they're all wet behind the ears.

To start verbally abusing people of all ages, and families who have gone to the game to enjoy a day out just because they want to stand and shout insults to united fans on the opposite side of the stadium is primitive behaviour. They're all little boys who unfortunately can't handle a few beverages and the sun together without resorting to behaviour surpassing that of a 5 yo having a tantrum. There's nothing big, clever or in anyway acceptable about the way they behaved. In my eyes they should be located and banned. 

We have this same debate in the states at college (american) football games.  I am a University of Alabama alum, which is like the Real Madrid of college football.  Our supporters get all worked up every year about standing vs sitting.  The younger fans want to stand and raise hell, while the older usually would prefer a seat.  The stadium sells out at over 100,000 seats every time the gates open, so you think people could find a way to keep everyone happy.  The arguments for and agin, posted on here, are identical to the ones I would read on an Alabama football forum.  It's not an isolated problem is my point.

Guest Mee-9

Fighting over a shitty free t-shirts, that probably won't fit many. Jesus christ we're an embarrassment aren't we?

All these blokes who get a bit canned up, think they're Conor McGregor and usually get their arse handed to them are embarrasing.

Didn't see any trouble personally inside the ground, but saw something kicking off as I was just about to come onto Wembley Way leaving the ground. Few lads with shirts off showing off their moobs trying to start something.

Never been to Wembley but saw singing section so we decided to pick tickets to the left of them block 113. I went with my grandpa & grandad both aged 75 my dad & nephew aged 6. We were on row 16 & due to the standing both my grandparents missed alot of the match as they can not stand for long periods & its a shame really as they are lifelong fans like us who can stand. To make it more annoying those who were standing didn't sing all game just standing because they wabted to. Dissapointed with that but other than that a great day out.

Archived