Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I thought there was a very weird atmosphere that I'd never came across ever in my time supporting Leicester. There seemed to be a lot of pent up  anger amongst our fans, as well as Manures, that I'd never seen so wide spread.

Normally you're always going to get the odd neanderthal at every game but it was literally around every corner you'd come across another embarrassing clown.

Don't know what It was but there was definitely something in the air... 

On a side note - After the game there was a very funny incident that happened. Walking back to the tube station there was a lot of angry fans (no surprise there!) taunting each other and you could feel the tension rising further and further... It started getting to the point where people were basically calling each other for a fight... This one big massive mean looking Man Utd fan then turned around and started walking backwards with his arms up shouting "****ing come on then" and then crashed slap bang into one of those blokes holding up the stop go signs for the tube lol All the tension defused in a second!  He now had his own fans and 6 year old Leicester fans laughing at him and even he realised this one he wasn't going to recover from lol

lol

Great post this one...just a bit of HUMOUR can diffuse the tension... It's just a bloody shame there wasn't more of it.

And you are spot on. This was a pre season friendly game, at Wembley, in the sunshine...for some bizarre reason it almost felt like a throwback to the 80's. There WAS a lot of latent anger..you could feel it. The tension was like a living thing, rattling at the cage to be let out. I could embark on a spot of poetry at this point, but I won't.

I reckon there's quite a lot on 'anger' about at the moment. I also think that our own fans are kinda waiting for us to flop.....really I do... If we lose at Hull (I think we'll win) you'll see it on here and you'll see it amongst the fans.

15 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Also don't know if this has been mentioned but Wembley having the cheek to charge £2.50 for 350ml of water on a day like yesterday was a bit of a disgrace

They took our water off us going in , anyone else have that ?? 

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Also don't know if this has been mentioned but Wembley having the cheek to charge £2.50 for 350ml of water on a day like yesterday was a bit of a disgrace

Free drinking water in the concourse

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

They took our water off us going in , anyone else have that ?? 

nope. a couple of people tried to get in with their pints of lager but got told to have it in the concourse.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

nope. a couple of people tried to get in with their pints of lager but got told to have it in the concourse.

Yea I thought it was strange , maybe the lady worked at Heathrow during the week lol 

9 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

One of the most stupid posts I have seen and there has been many.Your views are so wrong on so many counts I just can't be bothered to spend 20 minutes listing them you idiot.

4 hours ago, Callabinho said:

The standing v sitting is a separate debate, and anyone trying to use it to justify these Neanderthals behaviour wants to have a quiet word with themselves....this is about pissed up youths who have a fascination with 1980's way of following football, yet they're all wet behind the ears.

To start verbally abusing people of all ages, and families who have gone to the game to enjoy a day out just because they want to stand and shout insults to united fans on the opposite side of the stadium is primitive behaviour. They're all little boys who unfortunately can't handle a few beverages and the sun together without resorting to behaviour surpassing that of a 5 yo having a tantrum. There's nothing big, clever or in anyway acceptable about the way they behaved. In my eyes they should be located and banned. 

Well said,anyone trying to justify the moronic behaviour (Kitchandro are you taking note) are an embarassment to themselves and the club or alternatively they were one of the morons in the first place.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I couldn't take the bottle in but they gave me a plastic pint glass to put it into. 

Seems a few had that , may have had no cups on our bit 

wasnt a big issue we found tap water on concourse 

To add to the comments about the amount of dick heads, I block 110, and those 4 or 5 twats, who stood up, and flatly refused to sit down, for women with young children, should be embarrassed.

The entire section was sat, barring these couple of idiots.

They were gobbing of at people who asked them to sit down, and a couple of lads I was with, went down to challenge them, as they were quite intimidating, to those around them.

They then moved away near another group of friends, and the fat one in the green, then got into the face of my mates 17 year old daughter.

Being removed by the steward did him a big favour.

These people need to read the situation around them, I go away every week, and stand as does everyone else, but yesterday was different, lots of young kids, families, and old people, some of which were probably experiencing Leicester away for the first time.

So for these arrogant group, to be the only ones wanting to stand, and flatly refusing to sit, caused an incident that didn't need to happen.

2 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

To add to the comments about the amount of dick heads, I block 110, and those 4 or 5 twats, who stood up, and flatly refused to sit down, for women with young children, should be embarrassed.

The entire section was sat, barring these couple of idiots.

They were gobbing of at people who asked them to sit down, and a couple of lads I was with, went down to challenge them, as they were quite intimidating, to those around them.

They then moved away near another group of friends, and the fat one in the green, then got into the face of my mates 17 year old daughter.

Being removed by the steward did him a big favour.

These people need to read the situation around them, I go away every week, and stand as does everyone else, but yesterday was different, lots of young kids, families, and old people, some of which were probably experiencing Leicester away for the first time.

So for these arrogant group, to be the only ones wanting to stand, and flatly refusing to sit, caused an incident that didn't need to happen.

Your usual excellent post mate

+1

9 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

Embarrassing post.

As I said yesterday, my day was great and fortunately didn't see much in my section or maybe certain incidents I saw were to me nothingness and handbags, especially compared to being a teenager into my 20s through the 1980s.

The biggest problem as I see it was too much drink and sun for some that clearly can't handle it and a distinct lack of class and basic manners! 

At present we have all seater stadia for a very good reason,  and if some of you super fan idiots need reminding why, you shouldn't be football fans.

I love atmosphere and will stand as a reaction to key moments and obviously to celebrate! I have no issue with standing either if all around are and WANT to not forced to, yet if someone doesn't I will show common courtesy. 

If someone in front of me was standing yet if I'm stood it blocks say an elderly person,  woman or child behind me then I won't. Initially I will have a quiet, polite and respectful word requesting they sit.  How things develop depends on the response. 

The super fan , you're  only a fan if you stand, sadly supported and condoned by factions on here are to blame ultra wannabes with no sense,manners or class.

Not everybody wants to, stand bounce around and chant the sooner some get that into their thick heads the better.

Our whole stadium does it in their own way and we are loud and proud for varying reasons the sooner some realise it's not down to just a few and they are not better in any way than others the better.

30 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

My lad took a bottle of water in the ground, they just provided him with a cup, and asked him to empty the water into it.

Wembley have been doing this for years, personally I don't see a problem with it.

Maybe the stewards make a fortune weighing in all those skips of plastic bottles. lol

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Isn't it a shame that supporters of different teams can't sit together, cheer on their own team and have a good day?

Both sets of fans should feel ashamed. It's this mentality that gets Football a bad name.

Not being funny but if you want to be able to sit in a mixed zone go and watch the Tigers. Football always has been and always will be extremely tribal and that's what makes it the best sport in the world.

Wow so much bitterness on both sides in this thread! 

I see both sides.  I always used to stand and I like to sing and be part of the atmosphere. Now I bring my son I sit because he simply can't see over the standers. 

So yesterday. Seats were not randomly allocated and it was possible to use common sense.  You could choose which block and the singing sections were clearly indicated. So what were you doing in there if you didnt want to stand? I also avoided choosing the blocks each side of those sections in case any standers spread out from the official blocks. Therefore no issues at all in block 118 - everyone stood at moments of excitement as you'd expect then sat back down so kids could see. Children have just as much right to be at the football as anyone else - the future generation of supporters, who may well stand and sing throughout - when they are old enough to actually see the match at the same time! 

I apply the same principle at home - I'd choose to stand if it was just me but as I have my son with me I sit far enough forward in K1 to enjoy and participate in the atmosphere without standing throughout. It's a good compromise. I wouldn't go in L1 or the union FS section and insist on sitting down. You shouldn't come in my area and insist on standing up! 

I agree the way forward is designated standing areas ideally with rail seating. In the meantime people need to calm down, use their common sense and have some manners.

18 minutes ago, Illusion35 said:

Wow so much bitterness on both sides in this thread! 

I see both sides.  I always used to stand and I like to sing and be part of the atmosphere. Now I bring my son I sit because he simply can't see over the standers. 

So yesterday. Seats were not randomly allocated and it was possible to use common sense.  You could choose which block and the singing sections were clearly indicated. So what were you doing in there if you didnt want to stand? I also avoided choosing the blocks each side of those sections in case any standers spread out from the official blocks. Therefore no issues at all in block 118 - everyone stood at moments of excitement as you'd expect then sat back down so kids could see. Children have just as much right to be at the football as anyone else - the future generation of supporters, who may well stand and sing throughout - when they are old enough to actually see the match at the same time! 

I apply the same principle at home - I'd choose to stand if it was just me but as I have my son with me I sit far enough forward in K1 to enjoy and participate in the atmosphere without standing throughout. It's a good compromise. I wouldn't go in L1 or the union FS section and insist on sitting down. You shouldn't come in my area and insist on standing up! 

I agree the way forward is designated standing areas ideally with rail seating. In the meantime people need to calm down, use their common sense and have some manners.

Great post!

22 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

As I said yesterday, my day was great and fortunately didn't see much in my section or maybe certain incidents I saw were to me nothingness and handbags, especially compared to being a teenager into my 20s through the 1980s.

The biggest problem as I see it was too much drink and sun for some that clearly can't handle it and a distinct lack of class and basic manners! 

At present we have all seater stadia for a very good reason,  and if some of you super fan idiots need reminding why, you shouldn't be football fans.

I love atmosphere and will stand as a reaction to key moments and obviously to celebrate! I have no issue with standing either if all around are and WANT to not forced to, yet if someone doesn't I will show common courtesy. 

If someone in front of me was standing yet if I'm stood it blocks say an elderly person,  woman or child behind me then I won't. Initially I will have a quiet, polite and respectful word requesting they sit.  How things develop depends on the response. 

The super fan , you're  only a fan if you stand, sadly supported and condoned by factions on here are to blame ultra wannabes with no sense,manners or class.

Not everybody wants to, stand bounce around and chant the sooner some get that into their thick heads the better.

Our whole stadium does it in their own way and we are loud and proud for varying reasons the sooner some realise it's not down to just a few and they are not better in any way than others the better.

Stop being so bloody nice!

We're Lester innit! Blue Army!

Etc...

lol

So much looking forward to yesterday, but felt some fans let Leicester, as a city, down and for me personally the day was a let down. Firstly, I fully appreciate everyone has the right to enjoy the day as they feel appropriate and if that means getting slaughtered before the game then that's their choice. Personally I don't understand why you'd pay £50 for a ticket, another £25 on travel, plus a further £50 or more on alcohol to be totally oblivious to what is happening in the stadium. What does anger me is when behaviour is totally disrespectful to those around them. Yesterday I saw the following;

a) A flare thrown indiscriminately into a crowd of people at the Torch pub, which hit a young girl of about 8 years of age in the face.

b) Youths high on alcohol, throwing bottles and cans into the air, landing on passers by and moving vehicles.

c) Abusive language and vitriol aimed at anyone big enough to ask them to tone their behaviour down, irrespective of young children in the vicinity.

d) Numerous fans infighting within the stadium

e) People stealing shirts, no doubt to make a quick buck on e bay

f) Racial taunting to young members of the choir

I felt somewhat embarrassed to be grouped with a small minority of so called fans who in my opinion let themselves and Leicester down. It was like going to your first big night out and not knowing how to handle it. 

The singing sections were clear.  We had old and youg and so sat to the side in 117. Stabding wben excited. .   I thought it was fine.

Great day out...just needed a few more performanceces on the pitch.

Fuchs is still key.... mendy in good position s and needs to get forward. .. mahrez needs to pull the trigger

43 minutes ago, Dynamogoon said:

Safer standing is the only way this will ever stop 

I not sure the standing is the pure problem here , obviously safe standing is part of ten solution 

But they are still dick heads sitting or standing 

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not being funny but if you want to be able to sit in a mixed zone go and watch the Tigers. Football always has been and always will be extremely tribal and that's what makes it the best sport in the world.

Very true! 

Sitting with your own fans, backing your team and giving football banter is what makes it special as a fan. 

I couldn't think of anything worse than mixed seating :kingy:

Before and after the game im

more than happy to mix with opponents and discuss game, teams, season, football overall etc but those 90 mins it is us against them

Archived