Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

Whoever said it isn't about standing/sitting but more about neanderthals has it right.........and criticising those those that choose to sit at games is just completely out of order too. I'm glad I chose not to go, I'll keep last season as a lovely memory, as I think there will be some nasty stuff going on this season if things go wrong on the pitch.

Am I missing something here, but didn't we have 2 blocks designated as "singing section" for me that says - most supporters will stand - an unofficial standing section if you like. If you didn't want to stand then buy a ticket elsewhere? If you wanted to stand then buy a ticket there. If you are outside of these sections, be aware that some people don't like to stand or can't stand so sit your arse down! It's called being courteous. There is too much neanderthal-like behaviour from a section of our "fans". It actually makes me not want a stadium expansion for that reason. 

As for people slagging off our players - I can almost gaurentee that this will be the part time section of fans. It was a friendly, would have been great to win but plenty of positives as well as some things that we need to work on.

I was in 113 and 2nd row. No issues at all here actually. So I reckon I got lucky by the sounds of it - no t-shirt stealing - you stand up - you sit down- In sight.  

7 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Time for a bit of blunt honesty here. The only real decent point to be made is we need standing areas, large ones, and at every ground. And all away ends.

I find it hard to sympathise with most who want to sit - back in the day crowds were massive and everyone stood. What I saw today were certain people trying to have a good time and others who may as well have watched on the TV.

Some people cannot stand but that argument is always blown out of proportion because there aren't many who fit into that category. Most people are just lazy and boring.

If you absolutely must sit then get a seat in the disabled section or at the very front - or in today's case, the top tier. Not hard.

Tired of miserable, sarcastic tossers being awkward. If you're a football supporter you should actively support the team. Because it's fun more than any other reason. That is the essence of the game of football and having a local team your proud of and passionate about. It's what separates football from the other sports.

Why is it surprising that people kick off when you tell them to sit down? The atmosphere is the whole point of going to games if you support a club like Leicester because you haven't necessarily been able to rely on entertainment coming from the pitch throughout our history.

Today was a crap game and the whole thing would have been a complete waste of time for me without the standing and singing. What did the sitters get out of it I wonder?

lollollollol fvcking hell. Seriously?! If someone doesn't want to stand, they should get a seat in the disabled section. wow.

Actively supporting the team doesn't mean standing up all the time. You can sing while sitting down and some people choose to do this. And they are well wtihin their right to do so.

Not saying that I sit all game, but I don't have a go at people who do because that's how they choose to enjoy the game. But the fact you define supporters as active or not because they might not stand says more about you than them.

7 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Hejammy were you to the left in Block 113? Infront of me In 13 people eere stood & I was only row 16

Nope to the right and 2nd row. The seats in front us were taken by "fans" who came 20 mins late, left at half time 15 mins early, didn't come back till the 60th min and left at the 80th. Needless to say they were not the standing type.... What was the point?! 

I'm not saying people behind didn't stand, I just didn't hear any bickering, therefore I guess it wasn't an issue if you stood up or sat down. Or people were courteous enough to sit if there were kids or elderly behind them. 

9 hours ago, Burbage blie said:

There were a number who insisted on standing by us. Asked politely to sit by fellow fans who were perhaps unable to stand. Insisted on standing and were then removed from the stadium to cheers from your own fans? - what's that all about?

Cheers because it's rude to stand and block people in , and slightly arrogant especially when asked to sit down , it was made clear to all there would be "singing" blocks 

it wasn't a normal away day , lots of young families (which I love to see , the next generation) and they can't stand 

if have cheered there eviction as well ! 

8 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Too much beer and white powder. 2 lads next to where I was were snorting the stuff all match.

While wrap on the pissy floor in toilet and you could see there was a desperate attempt to gather it up lollollol 

pissed on Charlie lollol 

7 hours ago, Samir said:

What time did you get back to Leicester, as we left at 9.25 from Wembley and got to Leicester in 2 hours, just wondering how long it took people who left earlier?

In my car for just after 6 and home just after 8  but went m40 , so few people used the M40 , I guess they aren't so many leicester people regulars at Wembley , hanger is a much easier intersection on Wembley days than Brent's cross 

Kicked off a fair bit before the game on the ramps leading to Wembley. Fans throwing cans at each other, then United fans threw glass bottles at ours. From what I could see nobody got hit/hurt but they flung them so hard could have quite easily have hurt someone badly. Didn't see anything in the stands from where I was. 

I've had a discectomy, partial laminectomy and had my sciatic nerve rehung some six and a half years ago. I had laid in bed  for 11 months awaiting surgery not really wanting to be awake much due to the nerve pain....

I had had a season ticket in L1 and the club moved me across to the prawn sandwich stand with a leather seat at the top of a row where I could stretch my legs out. The seat also happened to be next to Kasabian and their families which was a laugh.

nearly seven years on I still box, snowboard and take part in triathlon but there are two things I struggle to do. Stand up still without moving about which is a problem at concerts and footy, and sitting down in a chair at 90 degrees without the base of the chair bed angled downward to disperse the weight through my body to the floor. 

Im not officially disabled, don't qualify as such but need to move about as I can't stand still but can't sit for very long either. The levels of ignorance on here are pretty high - you can't really see most disabilities. Some people wouldn't know about mine till it hit you in the face.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've had a discectomy, partial laminectomy and had my sciatic nerve rehung some six and a half years ago. I had laid in bed  for 11 months awaiting surgery not really wanting to be awake much due to the nerve pain....

I had had a season ticket in L1 and the club moved me across to the prawn sandwich stand with a leather seat at the top of a row where I could stretch my legs out. The seat also happened to be next to Kasabian and their families which was a laugh.

nearly seven years on I still box, snowboard and take part in triathlon but there are two things I struggle to do. Stand up still without moving about which is a problem at concerts and footy, and sitting down in a chair at 90 degrees without the base of the chair bed angled downward to disperse the weight through my body to the floor. 

Im not officially disabled, don't qualify as such but need to move about as I can't stand still but can't sit for very long either. The levels of ignorance on here are pretty high - you can't really see most disabilities. Some people wouldn't know about mine till it hit you in the face.

An accident ? Or degenerative ? That's a serious amount of surgery 

10 hours ago, Goober said:

if you were down the front and didnt wanna stand then get tickets in the top tier tbh. not condonding any actions of those above but if you dont want your day ruined by people standing infront of you, others dont want there's ruined by being made to sit down. Works both ways i reckon. 

Again, not saying the OP was in the wrong at all. I wouldnt stand if those behind me couldn't/didn't want to do it for the 90, just gotta smart with where you get your seats

Oh, must have missed that on the website when I booked. Didn't realise if you wanted to sit in your seat you actually had to buy a standing / sitting ticket 

36 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Fookin Hell Nick...

:o

11 hours ago, DB11 said:

When Utd scored a bloke a few rows in front of us just jumped up and celebrated and turned towards us all signing United! I thought it was going to kick off with him then and one bloke had a go before deciding to walk down to the stewards and they kicked the United fan out

Isn't it a shame that supporters of different teams can't sit together, cheer on their own team and have a good day?

Both sets of fans should feel ashamed. It's this mentality that gets Football a bad name.

I thought there was a very weird atmosphere that I'd never came across ever in my time supporting Leicester. There seemed to be a lot of pent up  anger amongst our fans, as well as Manures, that I'd never seen so wide spread.

Normally you're always going to get the odd neanderthal at every game but it was literally around every corner you'd come across another embarrassing clown.

Don't know what It was but there was definitely something in the air... 

On a side note - After the game there was a very funny incident that happened. Walking back to the tube station there was a lot of angry fans (no surprise there!) taunting each other and you could feel the tension rising further and further... It started getting to the point where people were basically calling each other for a fight... This one big massive mean looking Man Utd fan then turned around and started walking backwards with his arms up shouting "****ing come on then" and then crashed slap bang into one of those blokes holding up the stop go signs for the tube lol All the tension defused in a second!  He now had his own fans and 6 year old Leicester fans laughing at him and even he realised this one he wasn't going to recover from lol

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

FECK , well I hope it's managable the pain , nice of the club to give you a padded seat 

It was! Jim was great that year! I'm not in pain now, I still train every other day in some capacity - I just struggle with stuff like restaurants in crap chairs, a seven course gourmet meal? Give me a sarnie whilst walking along every time! 

Archived