Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

A bit relived about this, I went through the whole of yesterday thinking maybe football had always been like this, we'd always had this amount of nob heads, and it was just me getting old and boring lol 

I've got no issue with bellends wanting to scrap other bellends. If lads who think they are hard wanna go at it be my guest. But when it's just a load of ***** affecting decent people who paid good money to see the game and have a nice day is when it bothers me. The amount of ***** I saw it giving it large to people with kids, ruining the day for elderly people and just generally acting like they were raised in a sewer was sad. 

A lad wearing pink trainers was giving it big guns and got twatted round the head by a Dad because he knocked his young son over twice. He got what was coming to him. 

16 hours ago, skmanuk said:

It's really quite simple, you may not have noticed that these grounds are equipped with seats. This means that those amongst us who are unable to stand through disablement or age, kids who are not as tall as adults etc etc are able to see and enjoy the game that like you they have paid good money to see until some entitled tw*t like you who doesn't give a toss about anyone else decides to stand through the match.

You need to take a good look at yourself and your totally selfish behaviour. Until and unless standing is provided that doesn't affect other people's enjoyment then just sit the **** down!

It's quite clear there are a lot of people who wish to stand at football matches. This being the case I think it's unpractical and unfair to expect everyone inside the stadium to sit down.

I'll repeat my solution: Knowledge about where the standing area tends to form at Wembley would've allowed people to choose their seats so that they could get their preference (on our next appearance at Wembley I will make a thread explaining this to make this easier for everyone). Ultimately safe standing areas are what we need but in the meantime I think it's silly to suggest that expecting everyone to sit would be the best outcome. That just won't work.

Also, I'm interested that you accuse me of being 'selfish' and 'not caring about anyone else' for trying to find a solution that would allow both groups to watch the game how they want to - yet you are the noble, respectful one who thinks that those who don't share your preference should be forced to give it up.

I'm afraid the anger in the air isn't just something that happened in isolation yesterday, I've noticed it up here during festival time when a lot of drink/substances have been taken. Not trying to defend or justify it (or indeed politicise it), but something got uncorked after the referendum - socially I think we might be in a bit of trouble.

Apart from the one or two people already discussed. Was anyone really effected by standing that much really? And if so were you in the clearly designated "singing section" I.fcking.e buy tickets here if you want to stand, if so 0 sympathy.

8 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Also, I'm interested that you accuse me of being 'selfish' and 'not caring about anyone else' for trying to find a solution that would allow both groups to watch the game how they want to - yet you are the noble, respectful one who thinks that those who don't share your preference should be forced to give it up.

Nicely put. 

I didn't hear it myself but my Dad reckoned the people behind us were moaning about us standing and the only time we actually stood up were when we scored, and a couple of the chances where we thought we were going to score and got excited for a split second.

Not really sure what people expect at the football, if your through on goal then stuff like this happens.

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Apart from the one or two people already discussed. Was anyone really effected by standing that much really? And if so were you in the clearly designated "singing section" I.fcking.e buy tickets here if you want to stand, if so 0 sympathy.

Easy to say, I got my ticket at 9pm the first day of sales and could only get block 504. Was asked to sit down by a bloke 4 rows behind me as he reckoned he couldn't see) the three rows immediately behind were all empty) 

so eded up walking to the very back of the stand and stood all game long 

2 hours ago, FIF said:

What a neanderthal attitude! I was in the kop probably before you were born, I lived through the 80's hooliganism at Filbert street and travelled away each week too. Football supporters can be passionate and "tribal" without being nasty or aggressive to others. It's like saying football has always been racist. Pull that trigger, pull that trigger ...

I don't know if you've ever been to a world cup finals (or Euro finals) but in most games there fans from both sides mix and have fun whilst patriotically supporting their teams. It's only a few countires like England who feel the need to swear, insult and fight the opposition fans. Perhaps your attitude needs to grow up. It's wrong. We can be passionate without the aggressiveness.

Exactly and the amount of wet behind the ears idiots who are pissed and think it's big and clever to throw half or more full cans of beer in the air to potentially hit and hurt fellow fans is unbelievable.  Morons who genuinely need teaching a lesson! 

Guest claude_leic

People are making out as if it's a battle between civilised and uncivilised; polite respectful sitters and drunken neanderthal standers. It's very rare that somebody taps you on the shoulder and asks you politely to sit down because you are obstructing the view of their child. It's normally somebody (without children and in their 30s) bellowing "SIT DOWN" in your ear and being completely unreasonable which obviously makes you more likely to carry on standing. People just need to communicate and be more reasonable with each other. There is nearly always a solution.

45 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

95% of you lot should have stayed at home in silence and sat on your sofa. Would have had the same contribution to our team and you would have saved money :thumbup:

You suggesting you can't make noise sat down?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You suggesting you can't make noise sat down?

The only thing I can see 95% of people in here condemning is fighting, injuring children, theft, and taking a shit on the floor though :huh:

Maybe he was bought up better than us and all of these things are actually normal behavior, i dunno.

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

My good lady makes a fair bit lying down 

mostly roaring at me to turn the phone off 

lol

It's bloody good job you get to that edit button before I got to reply, I had a corker.

I was in 505 and a few boys in front of me wanted to stand. As everyone started to sit down at the start of the game they stayed standing briefly but then sat. After a bit of muttering under their breath about how everyone was boring they seemed to get over it. 

What did surprise me was 2 old boys arguing with each other a few rows in front. Evidently one was being too negative for the others liking - what a waste of time. 

There were 2 things that pissed me off - the first was an older guy, 50's probably, who had clearly had too many sherbets and decided to try and climb from the moving escalator onto the stairs. Had I not have caught him he would have ended up taking all of us down the escalator with him. Prize helmet. 

The second was the astonishingly large amount of people who think it's okay to shout at and abuse people who are only doing their jobs purely because they won't give you a drink in a bottle, or aren't serving people at a speed you feel is suitable. Yeah its annoying, but it's not their fault. Calling them a **** and shouting "HURRY UP I'M HUUUUNNNGRRYYY" like some kind of spoilt toddler is just embarrassing. 

15 minutes ago, claude_leic said:

People are making out as if it's a battle between civilised and uncivilised; polite respectful sitters and drunken neanderthal standers. It's very rare that somebody taps you on the shoulder and asks you politely to sit down because you are obstructing the view of their child. It's normally somebody (without children and in their 30s) bellowing "SIT DOWN" in your ear and being completely unreasonable which obviously makes you more likely to carry on standing. People just need to communicate and be more reasonable with each other. There is nearly always a solution.

Exactly. Usually a simple row swap suffices, even if everyone's standing but someone shorter than me is on the row behind I'll offer to swap.

I've been cobbed out of a game before once because a rude twat behind me spent the first five minutes poking me in the back telling me to sit, when literally every other row in front of us was stood up, before grassing me up to the stewards. Like you say, it's not a black and white issue.

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

I remember at Peterborough away. Once you'd waded through the toilet which was already inches deep with piss, someone had shat in the sink. 

No toilet roll either anywhere. 

Nice but I've seen worse in a Loughborough pub many years ago, some tool had a shit on the tiled floor, not in a cubicle but outside in the urinal area and it appeared he walked while doing it as he left logs at various paces.

I've worked in buildings that have had squatters in but never seen that before. The worse they did was a log in a saucepan.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Easy to say, I got my ticket at 9pm the first day of sales and could only get block 504. Was asked to sit down by a bloke 4 rows behind me as he reckoned he couldn't see) the three rows immediately behind were all empty) 

so eded up walking to the very back of the stand and stood all game long 

Normally my stance too. it can be done. I'm technically breaking the rules but it's not actually inconveniencing anyone. The rules on standing aren't about safety anyway. Not anymore.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm afraid the anger in the air isn't just something that happened in isolation yesterday, I've noticed it up here during festival time when a lot of drink/substances have been taken. Not trying to defend or justify it (or indeed politicise it), but something got uncorked after the referendum - socially I think we might be in a bit of trouble.

Its evolved over the past ten years. At any mass attended event seemingly there's an attitude where people selfishly think it's their day and only their day to enjoy. The lack of respect shown to others is disgusting. Festivals are similar. When someone politely asks them to move, you'll get a disgusting reply back. 

I remember my first Wembley visit in 94 and there was a sense of unity in our support back then. Everyone was to have fun and not at the expense of others. Now it seems there's 'I'm alright Jack' policy amongst the public - as along my view of the pitch is okay, everyone else can get ****ed. In the same category are the 'I am there' bunch, consistently playing a game of one-up-underemship where their social media is basically 'look where I am, aren't I better than you'. 

Its even sadder when you see kids under 12 dragged to the pub by their Dad cos they want to neck six pints down their neck before the game. Surely the enjoyment when you take your kids to the football seems from that relationship rather than concentrating on drinking beer.

I was in Block 112. There were three children in front of me, one of them couldn't see and stood on the chair. Dad asked if it was okay, it was a minor obstruction but nothing much, so I told perfectly fine with it. I understood the situation, let the child get a view. In the same way if i was in a block of people wanting to sit down, I would sit down like I do at the KP

Standing on your seat is the only thing I hate. Had it in spells at Palace away last season. I can understand leaning and moving about to see the pitch when standing, I don't mind that. Stand on your seat though and completely block the person's view and you're an idiot.

I just about managed to stand yesterday in 111, I was a small stone's throw from Union FS and enjoyed their efforts. The atmosphere was atrocious in the main, but a mixture of the weather, no-one making an effort and the drab game didn't help so I understood that. I did have to sit down at the start of the second half until we scored, but if nothing else the main reason I wanted to stand was because I didn't want to sit in the blazing sun like a rotisserie chicken for 90 minutes. I wanted to move about, keep free. How anyone could've coped sitting in the full sun for the entire game is beyond me.

Did quite enjoy the Torch before the game, I got some cans and stood with my other half before heading to the stadium. There was definitely a sense of an 80's lads reunion  every now and then in places. Remember though there were 27,000 yesterday. This was a special occasion, a beautiful day weather wise. People were going to get hammered and if you've followed Leicester away at all regularly you'll know the type of people you get can be pot luck. One away it'll be boring the next great and sometimes a load of lads get hold of tickets, pump themselves with whatever and act as idiots. Give us an allocation like a home game and all those types will crop up.

It shows the divisions that this thread has descended into tedious and petty infighting, and plenty has come from those absolutely passionate about sitting down. The club do their best with things like pre-order preference for front, middle. back (generally gone are the days of watching with disbelief as an 85 year old makes his way to the back row)

Archived