Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Infighting

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Stop being so bloody nice!

We're Lester innit! Blue Army!

Etc...

lol

I wasn't being nice mate :)

Too many nobs who think they reinvented the wheel and are better than others making a football day out miserable for others! And having been to all our previous trips to Wembley from Blackburn onwards there was nothing like the level of drunken and moronic behaviour so sadly it must be generational. 

47 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not being funny but if you want to be able to sit in a mixed zone go and watch the Tigers. Football always has been and always will be extremely tribal and that's what makes it the best sport in the world.

Well yeah, If your gonna fight, nick off and hurl abuse at your own tribe though we may as well just follow Rugby's example as it's pointless 

5 minutes ago, filbertfoxy00 said:

Nobody has the right to stand, or have their choice to stand respected. It is a requirement of the FA and of Wembley Stadium that people are seated, and anyone persistently standing should be ejected.

Those who wish to remain seated are always in the right. 

Such a stance is wholly impractical for reasons that ought really to be obvious.

Like it or not, thousands of fans choose to stand at football. The stadium might be all seaters, but the fans don't all wish to be seated. It would be pointless, counterproductive and nonsensical to attempt to eject every standing fan.

A bit of tolerance and good, old fashioned common sense from both parties will serve to avoid conflict until safe standing is introduced.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Such a stance is wholly impractical for reasons that ought really to be obvious.

Like it or not, thousands of fans choose to stand at football. The stadium might be all seaters, but the fans don't all wish to be seated. It would be pointless, counterproductive and nonsensical to attempt to eject every standing fan.

A bit of tolerance and good, old fashioned common sense from both parties will serve to avoid conflict until safe standing is introduced.

I disagree, chuck the fookers out, that way there would be no argument between fans

Where I was we had the same problem now and again, some decided to stand for the first few minutes and following a few heated discussions with fellow supporters they did sit down. There was one individual who refused to sit and instead turn round and stare at the supporter and kept saying why? he did sit down eventually though I was told later that supporter threatened kick a 60 year old supporter head in, which is unexceptable. I didn't see any volience in the ground only outside, where an United fan was a taughting a Leicester fan and eventually the bloke reacted and they were having a scrap on the steps of Wembley Park station.

Again that discussion about if you sit down your not a real fan, is just stupid. Where were these's so called fans when were visiting away days like Yeovil, Carlisle, Hartlepool, Barnsley... Maybe this is a good idea to arrange standing sections (safe standing).

Despite the result it was good day out and I did enjoy seeing all foxes faithful around London, showing off there colours. Just a shame some individuals decided to spoil it for others. There not the real supporters!

Guest Mee-9

Did anyone in block 510 see the bloke who was sat/stood by the stewards because he was that bladdered to walk up the stairs to his seat? 

Then he vomitted all over himself.

Hilarious.lol

Just spoken to two separate Gooner customers and they were both at the game with some mates in our end.

Could explain why some people were ambivalent in not celebrating but also not wanting Man U to win.

They were just there because it's a local-ish day out and it's a football game.

I was on row 15 in block 111 and I didn't see any trouble at all. Everyone was stood there but I think most people that were around me either wanted too or understood where they'd got their seat. Generally everyone was pretty friendly and were having a laugh. From the sound of it I must have been really lucky! 

The only thing I noticed were a couple of united fans on the walk to the tube standing to the side chanting you united and literally asking people to kick off with them. Which was bizarre. Everyone just ignored them and carried on walking. So credit to those around for not taking the bait. 

I'm 23. I don't like the type casting of 'young lads can't handle their drink' or 'are all obsessed with the 80's'. Every away game I go to I go with the assumption i'll stand. If it turns out my ticket has put me around people that want to sit then i'll sit down. I don't need to be asked I can see they're sitting so i'll automatically do it or I just move to where I can stand up. 

Not every fan in their 20's wants to go and kick off because they watched green street one time. I drank alot yesterday too and it didn't make me want to fight anyone or be a bellend either. Those fans were dick heads because they are dick heads. I'd bet that they probably don't go to many games aswell. 

It's a shame some had the experience they did but I hope they don't let it put them off going in the future. There was always going to be a few out to spoil the day for everyone else. Alcohol is no excuse either. Some of the groups described obviously went with the intention to stand and had already decided they wouldn't sit wether asked to or not. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not being funny but if you want to be able to sit in a mixed zone go and watch the Tigers. Football always has been and always will be extremely tribal and that's what makes it the best sport in the world.

What a neanderthal attitude! I was in the kop probably before you were born, I lived through the 80's hooliganism at Filbert street and travelled away each week too. Football supporters can be passionate and "tribal" without being nasty or aggressive to others. It's like saying football has always been racist. Pull that trigger, pull that trigger ...

I don't know if you've ever been to a world cup finals (or Euro finals) but in most games there fans from both sides mix and have fun whilst patriotically supporting their teams. It's only a few countires like England who feel the need to swear, insult and fight the opposition fans. Perhaps your attitude needs to grow up. It's wrong. We can be passionate without the aggressiveness.

37 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Did anyone in block 510 see the bloke who was sat/stood by the stewards because he was that bladdered to walk up the stairs to his seat? 

Then he vomitted all over himself.

Hilarious.lol

That the plonker with the long hair? 

He was well pissed even singing and dancing to the glory glory man yanited song. 

Seen the stewards take him out.  

How can you get like that at a friendly match.

Guest Mee-9
8 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

That the plonker with the long hair? 

He was well pissed even singing and dancing to the glory glory man yanited song. 

Seen the stewards take him out.  

How can you get like that at a friendly match.

Nah this guy had short hair and was wearing orange shorts. 

It was so funny. They were mopping the stairs 30 mins into the game. 

A simple standing section would end a debate like this. I think a lot of people forget that plenty of elderly people go to the game and standing up all game with sore knees when your old as **** probably isn't too comfortable. I remember seeing one bloke who used to bring a pillow to the game because sitting down was hard enough. I like standing but I think theres certain sections you have to respect to sit down because there's no point ruining for others who want to sit just so you can stroke your ego about how much of a 'real fan' you are.

14 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I simply think it shows (and continues) to show how much we all need 'safe standing' areas. SIMPLE...those who want to stand, can then stand (I get standing..I always used to stand in the Spion Kop), whilst those who don't want to stand (or can't) can sit and enjoy the football.

Whilst it is how it is, it's ruining the spectacle for some. This argument about 'picking your seat' is bollox too. Not everyone will know where the 'typical standing areas are' (frankly, I don't) or won't be able to get a ticket exactly where they want to be.

Segregation...is the answer. IMO.

I would imagine that they will never openly support a safe standing area ( the club) but will probably introduce ' fan enjoyment areas' for people who want to 'participate in the atmosphere more'

But of course we will all know what it means

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I would imagine that they will never openly support a safe standing area ( the club) but will probably introduce ' fan enjoyment areas' for people who want to 'participate in the atmosphere more'

But of course we will all know what it means

A few didn't manage to decode the implication of "singing section" yesterday by the sounds of things...

15 hours ago, DB11 said:

When Utd scored a bloke a few rows in front of us just jumped up and celebrated and turned towards us all singing United! I thought it was going to kick off with him then and one bloke had a go before deciding to walk down to the stewards and they kicked the United fan out

were you up in block 521? There was a floppy haired yunited fan a fw rows in front of us giving it large before kickoff. Idiot. Plenty of spare seats over in their end from what I could see so why he was in our end I don't know.

Archived